Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 08:26 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,568,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
�� ...it would be bizarre to expect African American players to stand for the Star Spangled Banner. Why? Because it literally celebrates the murder of African Americans.

Few people know this because we only ever sing the first verse. But read the end of the third verse and you’ll see why the Star Spangled Banner is not just a musical atrocity, it’s an intellectual and moral one, too:

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

��
Which country are Blacks happy in? Perhaps Blacks should migrate to that country.

Millions of people migrate to countries that align with their values. I wasn't happy in the country I was born in so I moved to the USA.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,178,584 times
Ironically enough, some of the same people bent out of shape over what Kaep did are the same people people who have no problem saying vile, disrespectful things about our Commander in Chief.

But, we already know they are hypocrites, anyways.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Ironically enough, some of the same people bent out of shape over what Kaep did are the same people people who have no problem saying vile, disrespectful things about our Commander in Chief.

But, we already know they are hypocrites, anyways.
Both Parties throw dirt on the other Party's President. It's politics.

Anthem and Flag are symbols of this great nation that unites us.

When a new immigrant takes their oath of allegiance to the flag of USA, they don't care who the sitting President is. He/She is proud to be an American, and the flag/anthem are it's symbols.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:48 PM

1,544 posts, read 925,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I just gotta laugh at how so many of you are taking this personally. SMH..

Did this guy just make your lives harder or something? Geez..the overwrought dramatics in here are astonishing to read.
Misery loves company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Time for you to leave too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Hey, I told you to LEAVE!
You leave. Check your racism at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Name one.
You brought it up, you do it.

Why do you bigoted whites love to bait me into getting infractions? Are you that bitter behind your keyboards that there are Black people here speaking on your hypocrisies? You're all daft.

Last edited by SeasonedNewbie; 08-28-2016 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: not worth an infraction

Old 08-28-2016, 08:57 PM

50,881 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Screw that little oppressed black man. His life sucks so bad. Indoctrination gone wild.
It seems to me when someone does something like this, instead of jumping to stereotypical conclusions, we might take a few minutes to think about what he is saying by his actions.

But you don't think that way. So if you don't care about his thinking, why should any of us care about your thinking.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:01 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,640,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It seems to me when someone does something like this, instead of jumping to stereotypical conclusions, we might take a few minutes to think about what he is saying by his actions.

But you don't think that way. So if you don't care about his thinking, why should any of us care about your thinking.
IMHO, he is saying, "I don't give a crap about all the people who sacrificed their lives so that I can be extremely rich playing a game." But that's just my opinion.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:01 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,875 times
It's good to unveil the true feelings of those willing to place flags, songs and token nationalism over the very real treatment of actual people. It just becomes another way for these people to deflect and hand-wave away real issues.

Of note: there's a big campaign entirely based on how great America is *not*, but no one tells them to leave. but kaepernick...

Old 08-28-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
It's good to unveil the true feelings of those willing to place flags, songs and token nationalism over the very real treatment of actual people. It just becomes another way for these people to deflect and hand-wave away real issues.

Of note: there's a big campaign entirely based on how great America is *not*, but no one tells them to leave. but kaepernick...
What's token nationalism to one American, is symbol of freedom for another.

I still cherish and proudly display the US flag that I was handed at my citizenship ceremony.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,640,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

It seems like he has been treated especially well here.

Sure, you have people who rob convenience stores and then attack a cop in his police car that might not be treated the same as the guy volunteering at a soup kitchen, but I'm not sure it's such a huge issue.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:18 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,135,284 times
I was told conservatives don't get offended easily so why are they so offended over this gesture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies