Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:26 PM

371 posts, read 527,972 times

Advertisements

I had the below in my own thread that was moved into the politics folder and combined with this thread

As everyone may know, during the 49ers preseason game versus the Packers, Colin Kaepernick did not stand up during the national anthem as he was protesting a nation that supposedly oppresses black people.

I can appreciate Colin Kapernick trying to make a statement, but I don't believe it is the correct statement.

Many black people choose to live a life where they get free housing and food stamps as they don't want to work. I want to be careful as this is not all black people, but there are probably more black people in that lifestyle than white people (especially in NYC). We will never be able to prove it as the statistics will never be released which I feel they should be given I am a proponent of open government.

I think a lot of excuses are made. Many black people could go to college, but they think they won't get a job and then they will have all these loans to payback. You need to take a risk in order to get a better economic situation, you need to work really hard as there are no freebies anymore (well except EBT and housing). I went to college as I wanted a better situation than my parents (I am caucasian).

There are some black people who want their community to be better. For one and I am hesitant to mention this individual but Bill Cosby was always in favor of black people raising their game. This was way before he was accused of all the rapes.

Bill Cosby also has an affinity for college football where he would invite a potential draft pick to come and watch the draft with him. It was a way to promote a guy who was black and raising his game, doing something to the best of his ability.

See link: Awful Announcing: Quan Cosby, Meet Bill Cosby

I also want to know what President Obama felt of Colin Kaepernick's protest. Obama alone shows the strides that black people have made, he is the President of the United States. I thought it was disrespectful of Kaepernick to make this statement. I think the black community is improving, but there can also be criticism.

For example, Whitney Houston was booed when she was announced at as a nominee at an awards show and was criticized for acting too white.

Link: https://www.larryelder.com/b/Whitney...clesdetail.jsp

so if black people are not poor and on EBT, then they will be called too white? Is that the case? Then there will probably always be some black people living the EBT and free handouts lifestyle. In my opinion, they oppress themselves and the oppression is not done by the United States.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:38 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,294,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
If you actually said that to someone, they'd slap the taste out of your mouth.

compare to the women in your life , I hit back.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,294,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
If they actually said that in PR, the people would knowingly smile at them and start speaking in a calm reassuring tone as not to spook them further. Ella/el padece de un trastorno emocional. This person suffers from an emotional illness.

actually, any black Puerto Rican athlete that doesn't respect the Puerto Rican anthem and Puerto Rican flag in any event and uses Kap's excuse will get his a$$ deported out of the island and death to all his local endorsements very quickly!

call it emotional illness....I call it ignorance from a diva athlete.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:58 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,422,714 times
I wonder if kp will lose any endorsement, they are picky about profile

Old 08-28-2016, 07:33 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,290,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Neely Fuller comes to mind with regards to this post. You've pretty much exposed yourself to be a racist coward. Don't try to finagle your way out; you've sealed your fate when you let "Go back to Africa" escape your mind. America isn't your country; your ancestors took it by force. But we can't tell you to "go back to Europe" if you've never been, right? So cut out all that white supremacist BS and be quiet.

Shut up and stop telling Black people to vote for that bigoted devil. Stay out people's business.

So Kaepernick looks like an ancient Egyptian goddess? That's what and who Isis was, anyway...

Then why hasn't it happened yet if it's not an answer?

Maybe when the families of those who profited from slavery lose their wealth and get their just deserts, then we'll get over it. Maybe if this country falls from the weak foundation on which it was built, then we'll get over it. You've also shown your racism and cowardice by telling a whole ethnicity of people to get over something your ancestors caused. And don't give me that "blacks enslaved their own people" crap, either. That was a lie invented by your ancestors and you know it. If you're going to complain about Black issues, stop sticking your nose in our business. You'll only cause more friction than what your ancestors have already done.

Then by your standards, your logic is as stupid as his, which isn't the case. He made a point, so you got mad and threw insults at him like a monkey throwing feces. Please, just stop while you're ahead. You've already proven yourself to be daft.
Time for you to leave too.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
NO! in Puerto Rico, a U.S. TERRITORY, they complain and I tell them in Spanish "pues regresa a Africa a comer moscas y no llores mas"

translation: "return to africa to eat flies and stop whinning"........they never do, they just like to complain to see what special goodies and treatment they can get from the government.
Nice

Old 08-28-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
You're familiar with sarcasm, no?

You're silly if you think the name for Daesh is Isis. Don't try to backpedal.

Lastly, you know nothing about ancient Egyptian culture. Quit being a sheeple.
Hey, I told you to LEAVE!

Old 08-28-2016, 08:00 PM

25,881 posts, read 16,600,824 times
Quote:
Yes, countries that aren't colonized by bloodthirsty Europeans and their lust for power. Google is your pal. Use it.
Name one.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:11 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,963,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
agree, disagree?

Is this essentially a protest against the horrible job the worst president ever has done?
He has the right to sit or stand. Just like every other person attending these games do. I don't understand why people get so upset about people sitting during the National Anthem. I do not stand during the National Anthem, I do not bow my head during prayers... It's my right as a human being living in America to do so.

He feels, as a black man in American that the government is not doing what they can to help black people or protect them. Those are his personal feelings and he has every right to feel the way he does. He has every right, regardless of his fame or fortune, to express an opinion about this matter that affects him.

So to all the people who keep calling him a POS or a washed up athlete or unAmerican, you are allowed your opinions and he is allowed his. If you want to boycott his team and hope he loses endorsements, that's your right.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:22 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,922,010 times
�� ...it would be bizarre to expect African American players to stand for the Star Spangled Banner. Why? Because it literally celebrates the murder of African Americans.

Few people know this because we only ever sing the first verse. But read the end of the third verse and you’ll see why the Star Spangled Banner is not just a musical atrocity, it’s an intellectual and moral one, too:

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies