Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 04:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

.....more than any other group?

Serious question, as I would like to know.

Thx much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 04:07 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...972_story.html

Old 09-01-2016, 04:15 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Here in TX voters had to have state-issued ID. In some outlying rural areas, people have to travel up to 250 miles to obtain one, and in many cases the DMV offices are only open part-time.

That means 2 days travel, cost of gas and overnight stay. Working people have to take 2 days off work. People without cars frequently don't have the means at all to make the trip.

As to how that affects minorities, here ya go:

https://www.thenation.com/article/fe...ng-rights-act/
Quote:
Texas has DMV offices in only eighty-one of 254 counties in the state, with some voters needing to travel up to 250 miles to obtain a new voter ID. Counties with a significant Hispanic population are less likely to have a DMV office, while Hispanic residents in such counties are twice as likely as whites to not have the new voter ID (Hispanics in Texas are also twice as likely as whites to not have a car).

Old 09-01-2016, 04:15 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Damifino.
I have never been able to figure it out, either.
When one considers all the things that require some form of ID, it boggles the mind that anyone can survive in the world of today without one!
When (if) I go to my polling place, I must present my ID and sign in before they hand a ballot to me. This year, I will get my ballot in the mail, vote at my kitchen table, and drop it in the box at the Post Office during my next trip to town, just like I did in the Primary.
There will be no vote for clinton, and probably none for trump coming out of this house!

Old 09-01-2016, 04:17 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Here in TX voters had to have state-issued ID. In some outlying rural areas, people have to travel up to 250 miles to obtain one, and in many cases the DMV offices are only open part-time.

That means 2 days travel, cost of gas and overnight stay. Working people have to take 2 days off work. People without jobs and cars frequently don't have the means at all to make the trip.

As to how that affects minorities, here ya go:

https://www.thenation.com/article/fe...ng-rights-act/
Alabama Will Reopen Closed DMV Offices in Black Counties
Alabama Will Reopen Closed DMV Offices in Black Counties

"I recognize the closure of the 31 driver's license offices affects mostly rural areas of the state," Bentley said. "To suggest the closure of the driver's license offices is a racial issue is simply not true, and to suggest otherwise should be considered an effort to promote a political agenda."

I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Old 09-01-2016, 04:19 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
You need ID to get ID.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
.....more than any other group?

Serious question, as I would like to know.

Thx much.
It doesn't.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Last week, during the federal trial on Wisconsin’s voter-ID law, a former Republican staffer testified that GOP senators were “giddy” about the idea that the state’s 2011 voter-ID law might keep Democrats, particularly minorities in Milwaukee, from voting and help them win at the polls. “They were politically frothing at the mouth,” said the aide, Todd Allbaugh.

WaPo.com article

Old 09-01-2016, 04:22 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
While they won't admit it, elitist usually white liberals think minorities are too stupid to get a free ID.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:22 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Again zero voter fraud was shown under the current system.

It was obvious to court intentions were to prevent people from voting from one specific party.

In one State after a massive search for fraud, only 5 cases were found. All people were US citizens and had proper ID. Problem was they had proper ID and were voting in two different States.

So if you want to end fraud. People with proper ID should be banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies