Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 06:35 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sorry to disappoint but, you are incorrect.

Not all Americans have a SSN. Some, such as myself, have a TIN - when I do tax returns (personal) it is the TIN that it goes under. When I pay income taxes - it is, once again the TIN. When I recently got my "Statement" from SS about my "benefits" - it was my TIN listed (showing I had no benefits coming) and $0.00 paid into SS or Medicare in over 35 years.

Yes, a TIN WILL DO the trick. I'm an employer. I have several staff with TIN's. Fed witholdings according to their declarations. No SS TAXES taken out. IRS questioned - and their questions were answered - and IRS says fine.
We've heard all your tall tales before about being a minister exemple from ss witholdings. Big talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 06:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
We've heard all your tall tales before about being a minister exemple from ss witholdings. Big talk.
Also, true talk.

And, BTW - inasmuch as the SS system recognizes the right to "opt out" of paying SS - for whatever reason - it only serves to prove my point.

And, as I said - I, and millions of others, do not have SSN's - we have TIN's. You are welcome to disagree all you want to but, such disagreeing does NOT ALTER THE FACTS. And that is, not everyone who works has a SSN.

Again, Not "big" talk. Correct talk. I don't support social security - literally or figuratively.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
GD I don't understand how you got around that in the military. Either way, obviously the proof is in the pudding, but I never knew I had an option. Good to know this late in life. lol

Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
GD I don't understand how you got around that in the military. Either way, obviously the proof is in the pudding, but I never knew I had an option. Good to know this late in life. lol
My Epiphany regarding the sham / scam that SS is came after the military.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:23 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times
Maybe I'm stupid, but I pay my SS (FICA) taxes willingly, knowing that my folks can draw from it. After Korea and Vietnam my pop deserves it. He always tells me that East Africa, Bosnia, Panama and Iraq were worse, (my tours) but I don't believe that... He's just a proud dad and I'm his proud son. Whether I can claim SS later in life or not is a question not worth my anger. The thing that makes us upset is all these people that refuse to help when the USA needs it, but try to demand services when they need something.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:16 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Timber I do not begrudge it either. My grandmother and mother are also well cared for, and would not otherwise be if I had to carry them on my back directly. I've been enabled to focus my $$ and attention into the youth of my family as a result.

Back to the OP, and my warnings about the greatest threat to the 2nd amendment will be coming from anarchists... http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hree-cops.html

Stephan_K, JimJ, Noahma, GreatDay... keep your words impeccable PLEASE!!! Responsible gun owners walking their talk count most.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Is Montana still part of the US?
Man, why don't they take some action on their words?

Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Is Montana still part of the US?
Man, why don't they take some action on their words?
I just got home from work, logged onto C-D, and wondered the exact same thing. I believe Montana is still one of the 50 states. At least, it was as of 9:20PM today.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Also, true talk.

And, BTW - inasmuch as the SS system recognizes the right to "opt out" of paying SS - for whatever reason - it only serves to prove my point.

And, as I said - I, and millions of others, do not have SSN's - we have TIN's. You are welcome to disagree all you want to but, such disagreeing does NOT ALTER THE FACTS. And that is, not everyone who works has a SSN.

Again, Not "big" talk. Correct talk. I don't support social security - literally or figuratively.
SS doesn't and you're the classic Internet poser.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 PM

Montana and secession is like Greatday. Big hat no cattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies