Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 07:55 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

I do not know why they had to shoot- at all- no warning shot-- nada - all done in 2 minutes-- they could have taken cover and gassed him to sleep. had wife negotiate and make him put the whatever down-- there was TIME to work it out-
But if they are in right why not let the video be released- see this puts them in that position - to be questioned and mistrusted-

Old 09-24-2016, 08:02 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
In the wife's video here, I have to wonder exactly what Keith's wife was referring to when she repeatedly yelled, "Keith, don't you do it!"

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott - NBC News

Old 09-24-2016, 08:12 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In the wife's video here, I have to wonder exactly what Keith's wife was referring to when she repeatedly yelled, "Keith, don't you do it!"

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott - NBC News
yea they need to release their videos - but understanding TBI- they should knwo that means brain dysfunction... of some sort- or mental illness- I know--

Old 09-24-2016, 08:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I do not know why they had to shoot- at all- no warning shot-- nada - all done in 2 minutes-- they could have taken cover and gassed him to sleep. had wife negotiate and make him put the whatever down-- there was TIME to work it out-
But if they are in right why not let the video be released- see this puts them in that position - to be questioned and mistrusted-
Let's look at your ideas...
Warning shot? Where do you suggest they fire that warning shot,in the air? Nope as what goes up must come down. How about at the ground? Nope, shots ricochet and could hit bystanders, then y'all would be complaining about cops carelessly shooting innocents. Pointing several guns at someone at yelling at him to drop it is warning enough.

Gas him? Seriously? He's NOT in a closed room to contain said gas. Excuse me sir, would you put on this mask so we can put you to sleep?

His wife sounded to be telling him to stop, as usual the husband doesn't LISTEN. How did the cops know that he wasn't going to shoot her if she kept it up? He obviously wasn't listening to anyone.

In these kinds of incidents when someone is not acting rationally (given that he was not responding to commands of people pointing guns at him) time is NOT something you can just dole out.

As for the idea of "taking cover". How exactly do you watch an armed suspect while taking cover and making sure he doesn't A.Get back in vehicle and drive away. B. Stop said armed suspect from shooting you in the head while you're watching him? Hide behind a Bat Shield?
There WAS a video released that tells many things.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:

Hmmmm, what do you suppose might be wrong with firing "warning shots" in an urban area facing an armed suspect?

Please share your LEO and use of force training and credentials with us.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:35 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
yea they need to release their videos - but understanding TBI- they should knwo that means brain dysfunction... of some sort- or mental illness- I know--

I had never in my 42 years heard the phrase "TBI" before this incident.

I would NOT expect police to know what she's talking about when she said "He has a TBI."

Old 09-24-2016, 09:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
I am guessing that the state cannot release the videos because they will possibly be entered into evidence at an inevitable trial.

About TBI or any other mental illness-dysfunction: It cannot become a "carte blanche" for violent behavior. They are criminally insane and potentially more of a threat.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:46 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
I do not know why they had to shoot- at all- no warning shot-- nada - all done in 2 minutes-- they could have taken cover and gassed him to sleep.
Warning shots and fast-acting knockout gasses are pure Hollywood make believe.

A warning shot might well injure someone in the area and knockout gasses tend to kill people. The Russians tried it during a terrorist attack and killed 130 hostages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow...hemical_attack

Old 09-24-2016, 09:48 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It's actually fairly well known, since TBIs have been mentioned frequently when reporting on injuries from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

I would NOT expect police to know what she's talking about when she said "He has a TBI."
Perhaps they should?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies