Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 05:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
schadenfreude.
My Neanderthal brain can only process one language at a time.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:31 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;45607849]You believed it until you found out that blacks aren't descended from them.
/QUOTE]

Actually no. I have no reason to think that.

I think Neanderthal DNA probably has relatively little to do with racial differences. My guess is they have more to do with differences in how challenging it was to survive in their habitat.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Liberals love white racists. It makes tarnishing conservatives so easy.
Thing is, non-bigoted conservatives hardly bother with policing their own bigots. You guys let them slide way too easily. Especially conservative white guys with non-white wives and half-white children, who SHOULD be making double the effort to protect their family from racist assaults, but too many are too timid, or have divided loyalties (should I protect my family, or should I side with the anti-PC crowd?). Welcome to our world. Please enjoy your stay.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:33 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryParks View Post
Can you show me a study which backs up this claim? That there is greater genetic diversity. I can see it makes sense if it is a genetically isolated group like the Khoi (Which the article mentions) but that's about it.

Africa has the most genetic diversity. You can find the studies to support this easily.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You believed it until you found out that blacks aren't descended from them.

Agreed.

We have to share the damn planet regardless, so we may as well figure out a way to all live here together despite our differences.

I must admit to the schadenfreude.
Same here. I have no problem with white people in general. One of my grandparents was white for crying out loud. But it's white supremacists who I have a problem with. They are hostile to me, I pose no threat to them.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Thing is, non-bigoted conservatives hardly bother with policing their own bigots. You guys let them slide way too easily. Especially conservative white guys with non-white wives and half-white children, who SHOULD be making double the effort to protect their family from racist assaults, but too many are too timid, or have divided loyalties (should I protect my family, or should I side with the anti-PC crowd?). Welcome to our world. Please enjoy your stay.
I am actually more of a libertarian with a conservative streak. But you are correct. Partisans on both sides of the aisle do not correct their idiots. They should.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:37 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,593,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
You let the cat out of the bag with your second to last sentence. You don't like this path of inquiry because you are afraid of what the results might be.

My interest has nothing to do with superiority or inferiority. It has everything to do with the fact that we have been lied to about "we're all the same". We aren't all the same and that is evident. I am interested in any science that shows the lies for what they are.

As for superiority versus inferiority, it's a pointless argument because it's relative to the environment. In modern society, stronger intellectual traits are more valuable than physical traits. But if society fell apart, physical traits would once again be superior in terms of surviving.
I'm not afraid of what the results will be. As a matter of fact, I hope blacks are proven to be inferior. That way whenever a black person is smarter than you, then you can go back to the drawing board. At the end of the day what is the purpose of this? What is the agenda, what's the end game. I'd be way more interested in knowing what you actually plan to do with this information, more so than you finding the information. I've argued with race realist for years, nearly a decade, and I have never received a straight answer as to why it's SOOO important. All I get are "it's extremely important", but for what. Every black person isn't idiot, and every white person isn't a super genius.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:46 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm not afraid of what the results will be. As a matter of fact, I hope blacks are proven to be inferior. That way whenever a black person is smarter than you, then you can go back to the drawing board. At the end of the day what is the purpose of this? What is the agenda, what's the end game. I'd be way more interested in knowing what you actually plan to do with this information, more so than you finding the information. I've argued with race realist for years, nearly a decade, and I have never received a straight answer as to why it's SOOO important. All I get are "it's extremely important", but for what. Every black person isn't idiot, and every white person isn't a super genius.
There's nothing to do with the information except maybe to refer to it when leftists are blathering on about structural racism.

And you are right - there are smart blacks and dumb whites. That's how statistics work. I haven't seen anyone here claim all blacks are dumb or all whites are smart?

Old 09-25-2016, 06:33 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Decades of IQ testing don't reflect that though. The groups without Neanderthal DNA have IQs as low as in the 60s and 70s. Was the Neanderthal DNA what resulted in higher intelligence? Who knows? But it is probably not wise to assume low Neanderthal intelligence because of Hollywood movies and Geico commercials.

As for why the Neanderthals died out and humans didn't, there could be many reasons. They might have had other genetic weaknesses. They might have been bred out due to overbreeding with humans. Maybe they reproduced much less that humans and were killed by humans faster than they could reproduce. We will probably never know.

You might want to ask for a refund for that degree. The different species of bears can mate and produce viable offspring. Donkeys can mate with horses. Wolves can mate with dogs. Neanderthals could mate with homo sapien sapiens.
And non-African humans and African humans can mate. Look up the definition of species. Dogs are descended from wolves. Those different bears you're referring to are subspecies. I suppose you can write to the professors at Duke's evolutionary biology department and explain to them why you're right and they're wrong. Many scientists still classify Neanderthals as a subspecies of Homo sapiens.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:41 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What inane comment? You mean the people who don't know what the definition of species is, yet try to argue genetics? Now THAT is laughable!
You are speaking about yourself here. You don't seem to know that interspecies mating happens in nature and is not a rare occurrence. The list of species that are interfertile is extensive and this is especially true in plants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies