Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 06:59 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And I am a patients of doctors/surgeons who was in the ER due to drug side effects and now use a walker after a botched hip replacement.

So there are many stories out there and many are unable to tell them as they are dead from drug interactions and surgeries. Look up those numbers as they are published BUT of course no accuracy as there could be many more than published.

Go at your OWN RISK. And hope for the best, that's what I've done.

Are you talking about stomach problems from taking OTC NSAIDS/tylenol?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-14-2019, 07:01 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
"Side effects may include death".
That may be. My wife took on stem cell transplant for her terminal lymphoma about 2 years ago. 1 out of 6 don't make it.

She ain't dead yet!

Old 10-14-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
And I am a patients of doctors/surgeons who was in the ER due to drug side effects and now use a walker after a botched hip replacement.

So there are many stories out there and many are unable to tell them as they are dead from drug interactions and surgeries. Look up those numbers as they are published BUT of course no accuracy as there could be many more than published.

Of course it's the sorry truth. Almost no new drug until its successfully in general use in the US for at least a year. As a patient's doc I don't primarily use and recommend any new surgeon for 2 years to make sure his or her cases turn out as they should.

But despite that and all we try, there are still some serious side effects to drugs and surgeries that turn our less than ideal.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:

About a year after he began drinking a simple herbal tea for respiratory issues, my husband's asthma disappeared and he was able to stop using his inhalers. After about the same amount of time on a combination of anti-inflammatory herbs for his severe osteoarthritis, he was able to stop taking the insanely high dose of Tylenol he was on, possibly avoiding damage to his liver and kidneys. Taking a few daily doses of a common food item allowed him to reduce the amount of proton pump inhibitor he needs to calm down his gastric reflux, possibly saving his kidneys from damage.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Of course it's the sorry truth. Almost no new drug until its successfully in general use in the US for at least a year. As a patient's doc I don't primarily use and recommend any new surgeon for 2 years to make sure his or her cases turn out as they should.

But despite that and all we try, there are still some serious side effects to drugs and surgeries that turn our less than ideal.

But that's a risk you're willing to take, right?

Old 10-14-2019, 07:21 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:

And I've asked this so many times and no answer...WHY can't so many of these drugs be produced with LESS chemicals or other ingredients that can and often do so much damage? All the brains of the world working on these drugs and all the damage. Sure does NOT make sense to me, unless it's all intentional.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
And I've asked this so many times and no answer...WHY can't so many of these drugs be produced with LESS chemicals or other ingredients that can and often do so much damage? All the brains of the world working on these drugs and all the damage. Sure does NOT make sense to me, unless it's all intentional.

Wonderful question. I wish I knew the answer.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
But that's a risk you're willing to take, right?
Not just 'you', but 'we' including the patient and family. And that is highly dependent on the unique medical/social situation of any patient.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Well sure! They are all tested at great length and they all will have some side effects, real or imagined. But no one wants any side effects. Some drugs don't pass muster and are discarded, not accepted for use as human patient treatment. So it all ends up as a discussion and treatment based on the known risks vs benefits.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:48 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Well sure! They are all tested at great length and they all will have some side effects, real or imagined. But no one wants any side effects. Some drugs don't pass muster and are discarded, not accepted for use as human patient treatment. So it all ends up as a discussion and treatment based on the known risks vs benefits.
But WHY not produce them with less dangerous chemicals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies