Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 11:12 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times

Advertisements

On the radio there was a director of a police academy claiming if a cop issue you a lawful order and you do obley , it's a felony and they have the right to shoot you even if you are no harm to the cop, just standing there with your hands in the air

Old 10-04-2016, 11:27 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
He was not trying to break in. Again, watch the video. I promise, you will be able to understand every word the guy speaks.

He stuck the shovel under the garage door to find out if his dog was in the garage. Usually a dog will react to stimulus, such as a noise or object in its vicinity.

Another falsehood you are perpetrating.
And the neighbors and the police are supposed to know this how? He was in prison, he can't be trusted.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Right. So I guess you believe that since he couldn't break into his mother's house, he decided to sit on the porch and wait for her to come home! Not only that, he left the 'breaking' tool leaning up against the garage!

Oh, and BTW, he did not 'break and enter'. He didn't even 'break'! Amazing how a cop can overlook that little detail.

The guy being harassed also acted with patience and politeness, prior to being shoved by the cop.
The cop was wrong, but they had every right to be suspicious.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Wow, you must be new here. The reason threads about blacks being shot are twice as long as whites being shot is because it brings out all the racists. The LOVE threads like that. In their minds, it gives them ammo to indict an entire race.

You can pretend I'm simply a main culprit bringing race into the thread, but there's no other evidence that there was a reason the cop acted the way he did. HE WAS FIRED - HE APPARENTLY DID SOMETHING WRONG THAT YOU DON'T WISH TO SEE!!!!!!!!

Guy on the porch was polite, wasn't acting nervous, answered the same questions being asked, and handed over his ID. Go ahead and pretend that wasn't enough, but it should have been enough.

And nobody is saying the man is an innocent angel, we're simply looking at this situation, just as the cop should have been doing.

You say both sides could have done better because you think it makes you appear reasonable. It doesn't.

The cop should have handled it differently. He'd still have a job, if he had.
He is a professional criminal, he knows not to act nervous.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Look, I am not unaware of the way you and some others are looking at this. However the disconnect as I see it is that these cops received a call, they weren't just on patrol, saw a guy sitting on his porch, and decided to interrogate him.
No, they had a duty to investigate the call. Just because Joe Blow says XYZ does not mean you just drive off without verifying his claim.
To your point about just sitting on the porch, the cops were obviously aware most people up to no good are not calmly sitting on the porch, and made mention of it. Still they were trying to verify his story, and if they were able to before everything went sideways, a happy ending for all.

As to the mom keeping him away, that was just speculation. However putting yourself into the shoes of the cop, you could see how certain things did not add up. This increased with the answers the guy gave, like trying to pry the garage door open with a shovel.
Who does that?
If my kid tried to pry open the garage door with a shovel (even if he lost his keys and wanted in), I'd be pissed off for the potential damage he did. Plus the guys background of being an ex-con, not having a key, saying he stayed elsewhere, and being there to borrow money from mom.

The bottom line is I'd like to hear from anyone playing armchair quarterback how they would have gone about this call?
I agree, he did some pretty suspicious things, someone said he was trying to see if his dog was in there by prying up the garage door, I call bull, all he had to do is knock on the door and the dog would have reacted, he was trying to open the door. I would be interested to see how the mother feels about all of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies