Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 06:01 AM

2,559 posts, read 2,223,582 times

Advertisements

Bartender, AR-15's all around

Old 11-09-2016, 06:05 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,737,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Trump was the way out of this generations old party of the elite, both dems and repubs.

Yes.

Both the Democratic, and the Republican parties died last night. Trump has the opportunity to truly make a "change", and provide "hope" for the future.

But every citizen needs to join in.

Regardless if they are in the inner city, or down on the farm. It's a team effort to make the whole country work for all.

CN

Old 11-09-2016, 06:06 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,964,429 times
The American people finally woke up and realized what the Democrats were doing to this country.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:06 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,534,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As I mentioned before, that loss to Obama four years ago was particularly brutal and left a lot of bitterness everywhere. I remember people on Facebook going at each other after their candidate Romney lost. So many had high hopes Romney was going to overtake Obama and take it all.

So this win for Trump has to be particularly sweet.
Ohh its very sweet. The liberal agenda turned me off to the democrats. This was my first time voting republican in my life and I will most likely do it again. I couldnt take the liberal agenda anymore.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:08 AM

30,085 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I hope our country will survive this.

You will get over it when the nation has higher wages, lower taxes, fewer illegals, fewer citizens in poverty and less political corruption.

Libs, given that they are totalitarians, prefer an elite ruling class presiding over a dependent, impoverished nation. The balance of the nation spoke last night and they do not want to be liberal serfs serving "enlightened" rulers.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:10 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,274,754 times
The irony is that Trump has no ideology. So while Hillary had hers, Sanders his, and the various Republican primary candidates theirs, Trump remained on tone with a basic message.

Will he likely build a wall? No. But maybe he can listen to both sides and sell a solution to the American people.

Will he deport all illegal aliens? No, because the cost would exceed the benefit. But maybe we can find a solution.

Will he rip up trade agreements? Unlikely, but maybe he can get us a better deal.

Do I think Trump will focus on enriching himself and the 0.01%? Also unlikely, but he may wring some concessions out - give me X and I will support Y.

Will he push the button and start WWIII? Ludicrous.

Obama never seemed to do more than cater to foreign opinion and negotiate as if we were the weaker party. When your leader is your chief apologist it is hard to bargain hard.

We need to get more for our tax dollar.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:13 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, Trump won, now, lets see what happens.

Instead of complaining, we should be insisting our government does the RIGHT, thing when it comes to our issues.

I'm for clean air....and cleaning up our envioronment.

and trump is for doing away with regulations; hope you like that!

I'm sick and dog dead tired of government putting their noses into each and every problem, Americans, can't see to fix. If people don't know what to do, and they don't, they create a governmental law.

is government still going to stay out of my womb? not if pence has his way.

Lets focus on moral education, if it's wrong don't engage.

I thought parents were supposed to teach those things. you want government to be involved in raising your children?

It is time to start hiring people for jobs that are most certainly equipped for that job, instead of insisting on hiring minorities....and this minority stuff is a big big problem. This is 2016, there shouldn't be any division, at all. You are hired on your merrits, and your ability to fulfill that position, period.

yay, 1950s!

Americans need to start working together again....yes, it's ok and right to pray, but you've gotta meet God Halfway....if you have a problem, put your own foot forward to solve your problem, you can't just sit back and expect God or Government to live your life for you.

amazingly, people from the poorest, economically depressed areas voted for trump, who wants to drastically curtail any form of government assistance. hope they like it!

This PC crap has to stop...people have to learn to laugh at themselves, and stop being offended by what others say. Geeze Louise.

so, is it OK if I call you a b....... or c... now? you won't be offended, will you?

We have to fix our social services, we have to stop spending so much money, we have to stop funding corrupt behavior....

again, the very people who rely on 'social services' (all those people on 'disability' in the middle of the country and the south) just voted to lower their standard of living. see, YOU think all of these social services are going to inner-city Blacks, but they are not. they are keeping white people in Tennessee and Kentucky and Mississippi from starving on the streets. hope you like it!

And Above all, if you want to come to America to live, certainly, make an effort to be American....and stop expecting everyone else to lay down and allow you to kick them, b/c you don't want to be an American....

all the immigrants I've met (hundreds) already do that. it's only in your mind that they don't.

Enough is enough....we've got to get tough, and abide by our laws, and I mean, stop texting while driving...respect the laws are there to protect you and everyone else out there....stop being individualists...

I'm sure trump will get right on that! oh, yeah, and we will all join the collective and stop being individuals! Music to Putin's ears, I'll bet!

It's such a shame that americans voted for the lowest common denominator. someone who appealed to their basest instincts.

we shall see how trump and his slitty-eyed wh-ore do in the white house. See, it's OK for me to call melania that; who wants to be PC, anyway! Yay for calling a spade a spade! Well, not yet, anyway. When C-D allows those words to be printed we will have achieved real victory!

Old 11-09-2016, 06:13 AM

447 posts, read 322,521 times
I feel good for Asian students.)))

Old 11-09-2016, 06:15 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,751,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
The President has very little real power. Trump is a moron, the bigger concern is having both houses also controlled by Republicans. Fortunately they'll have no excuses in 4 years if the policies they implement dont' do jack or screw things up.
An even bigger concern to me is the number of Americans who made Trump POTUS, and why.

"Houston, we have a problem..."

Old 11-09-2016, 06:17 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,648,535 times
And so it's official. We now know whether we'd end up in front of a lit loose cannon or left holding a live grenade. Both candidates have their share of downsides. Now, we see if a bulldog mouth can indeed feed a tomcat bumm. Lol. Same turnout either way. Saw nothing but mouth from HRC and Trump. Now Trump is the one who needs to pony up.

There was doom and gloom all over Obama to. We survived him, and Bush (hopefuly) the last Bush. We can survive Trump. Probably coulda survived Hilary to, but, I do feel that might have been tougher. At least as far as issues that concern me. Which Harry could not address to my satisfaction. Neither did Trump, really, but he came a bit closer by a fair piece on some.

And so it is. We have our new devil. Let's make the most of it America. What other choice is there? We've had to settle for one of two evils for a long time now come election time. So we just did it again. Other news please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies