Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:35 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times

Advertisements

Last night the Progressives met their enemy, and thanks to their contempt and vicious attacks on anyone who’s disagreed with them over the years, it’s us...regular Americans. Grow up or find a safe space.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well "Gringo", you will have lower taxes, less regulations, enforcement of the actual rule of law and more personal liberty.

Which of your personal liberties have been restricted the last eight years?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:39 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Muchas Gracias to Presidente Rafael Correa (Ecuador) for standing up for free speech and human rights (Julian Assange). The other industrialized nations of the world were ready to throw Julian "under the bus" and bury their collective heads in the sand. Without WIKILEAKS the outcome of our election might have been different. Your country has been a beacon for democracy while others not much.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Muchas Gracias to Presidente Rafael Correa (Ecuador) for standing up for free speech and human rights (Julian Assange). The other industrialized nations of the world were ready to throw Julian "under the bus" and bury their collective heads in the sand. Without WIKILEAKS the outcome of our election might have been different. Your country has been a beacon for democracy while others not much.
WIKILEAKS did make the difference. It battled the MSM and won.

28,901 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
It will.......

I've never been prouder, optimistic, and hopeful for the future than I am this morning.

There are a lot of tough days ahead. But as a united people, with the rule of law as our compass, we can overcome them.

CN
sure hope your right...

53 posts, read 48,699 times
You whiney little brats. Every time you talk about the result of the vote, know that of the 2 people next to you, 1 of them voted for Trump. I believed both candidates were severely flawed, but didn't want 4 more years of a female Obama.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:45 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
He already took back his promise to build a wall. Anyway, it was studied quite some time ago and it's physically impossible to build a wall there. He can't do it and already said he won't do it. He was just saying what people wanted to hear.

And the country can't afford to round them all up and deport them either. So that won't happen. But getting something done about illegal immigration appealed to Conservatives and Liberals alike. Really, not too many approve of people breaking our laws and getting away with it.

Many people will lose their health insurance if he repeals ACA and he has no plan to put in its place. The Rich will be just fine but poorer people and retired people who needed some help with medical expenses are up the creek. A medical voucher system isn't going to help low income people who don't have the income in the first place.

People with a lot of money can relax and say everything will be fine. It's always fine for them no matter what.
why is it physically impossible to build a wall? What are the reasons, did you ask that, do you know?
Just b/c the opposing party says that, doesn't mean its true you know?

What about the great wall of china?

People say things to deter, think for yourself?

I'm sure, Trump won't do anything to cause "many people to lose their health insureance", personally Obamacare has been a disaster and doctors will tell you that.

You are parroting the fears that the opposing party has instilled in you.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
My father (self employed and low income) has ACA healthcare and HATES it. He got his letter in the mail last week saying that his premiums would go up by $330 per month next year. He already pays $385 a month now. He can barely afford that and cannot afford another increase. So where's the benefits he should be enjoying from ACA? ACA isn't quite the breath of fresh air some thought it was. Before ACA, he could half way afford his insurance and his medications. At the very least, if people do lose their healthcare they won't be fined $700 or more because they can't afford it. The system just didn't work as intended. I don't know what Trump has up his sleeve, but I feel fairly confident that it will be better than what is available now. Otherwise, he will have the American people on both sides of the aisle at his heels.
I'm sure health care is on everyone's mind, but what we can't know is what to blame on the ACA and what to blame on significantly rising health care costs that were in full swing even before the ACA. The ACA being something of a radical change (for the better in my opinion), is now to blame for rising costs, but there was that pressure before, and certainly now that people can be covered who could not get covered before, there is still more pressure. If you don't have a system or process that fines for not being a part, you end up with "free riders," which is a lot like everyone pitching in to pay for a dinner except that one person who tries to stiff the rest of the group.

Trump's got nothing but nonsense up his sleeve! And it seems that's what it takes to get elected these days. Having "the American people on both sides of the aisle at his heels" doesn't help much when you need to see a doctor...

Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I hope our country will survive this.

Stop being embarrassed. The country has survived MUCH worse (though if you were educated in today's indoctrination gulags known as colleges and universities, I can see why you missed that).

Old 11-09-2016, 07:53 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Last night the Progressives met their enemy, and thanks to their contempt and vicious attacks on anyone who’s disagreed with them over the years, it’s us...regular Americans. Grow up or find a safe space.
Scared to ask, but just what is a "regular American?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies