Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:59 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
why is it physically impossible to build a wall? What are the reasons, did you ask that, do you know?
Just b/c the opposing party says that, doesn't mean its true you know?

What about the great wall of china?

People say things to deter, think for yourself?

I'm sure, Trump won't do anything to cause "many people to lose their health insureance", personally Obamacare has been a disaster and doctors will tell you that.

You are parroting the fears that the opposing party has instilled in you.
Doesn't take a whole lot of reading to understand why Trump's wall is all but impossible, and you don't need to learn this from "the opposing party." As explained before, besides the physical issues, there is the more significant problem/issue related to the fact that Mexico is a real ally of ours, sharing our border just to the south -- peacefully -- a significant trading partner as well, source of needed labor that Americans have arranged and paid for to pick our vegetables, wash our dishes, clean our hotel rooms and houses, do construction, landscaping..., American citizens and American businesses large and small, Hispanics only to be called criminals by Trump and his band of uneducated white males. These are the people who "instill fear in me!" Along with a few other uncomfortable emotions...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Scared to ask, but just what is a "regular American?"
The people Hillary called "dumb", "uneducated", "deplorable", "unredeemable", "racist", "xenophobic", etc. Americans who "live in their parents' basement".

Old 11-09-2016, 08:10 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Which of your personal liberties have been restricted the last eight years?
Taxation without representation. My taxes went up to subsidize Obamacare yet I don't need it.

One could argue it's for the common good but it was a **** poor solution that anyone with a head for numbers would have seen as a looming disaster. The answer isn't to simply repeal it but we need a better solution.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:11 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,528,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I agree but I can't see how .The Bigots and the racist won tonight,they elected a man to president who openly tried to disgrace a gold star family ,they elected a man who doesn't know what the "NUCLEAR TRIAD " is ,they elected a man who openly ask the leader of a enemy nation to rig the election,they elected a man who will not treat your daughter with respect he just wants to crab them by their *****(his own words) and they elected a man who does not honer his word or his debts.They elected Donald Trump.
We elected a true American. stop crying baby lol.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:11 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The people Hillary called "dumb", "uneducated", "deplorable", "unredeemable", "racist", "xenophobic", etc. Americans who "live in their parents' basement".
As a legal immigrant who became a citizen, who has a graduate degree and who is close to the top 1% through hard work and not hedge fund money I took offense to her remark...and voted accordingly.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:12 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I hope our country will survive this.
We wouldnt have survived another Clinton

I'm proud to be an American again! I've been embarrassed for 8 years

Old 11-09-2016, 08:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Well, considering who just won president, those adjectives accurately fit.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:17 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times
you shouldn't be embarrassed to be an American today - you should be proud to be an American.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:19 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,670,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well, considering who just won president, those adjectives accurately fit.

No... they don't. Those fit more for those who blindly wanted to follow another liberal that was bent on continuing failed policies (or worsening them) without actually trying to stand up for the majority who didn't want them. It didn't work and she failed. No sense in being all tore up about it now. Obviously more people didn't want the "change" she proposed. When failed policy doesn't work you have to stop trying to use it at some point.

Tell me this.... what specifically did Hillary or Obama do for you that was so great you were willing to continue to follow them no matter what?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The American people finally woke up and realized what the Democrats were doing to this country.
Actually, I think the American public woke up and realized what BOTH parties have been doing and that's why Trump won.
He's pretty much the anti-GOP/DEM candidate as both parties hate and/or are scared of him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies