Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 06:04 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Not true. I teach at a university. From the conversations I've overheard and talks I've had with students, I'd say about 60% at least somewhat supported Trump. Perhaps around 20% were unsure. And about 20% were in the Hillary camp. Yeah, it's anecdotal. But based on that, I suspected Trump might win. If the 18 to 25 crowd has a distribution like that, it's only going to go toward Trump as the age increases.
Or stay with me now, you can just look at the election results and see how they voted. I think you already know what that map looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 06:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFarrell View Post
"Anarchists are anti violence."

Yet, historically, anarchists used bombs to get their point across...
And the founders of this country warned us about getting involved in the affairs of other countries where we do not belong but damned if we don't use a lot of bombs to do that very thing.

Followers would be wise to listen to the wiser among them.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:13 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Anarchy is the absence of violence.
Anarchy is the absence of rules, as in the rule of law.

As in some 30 million illegals on US soil, as in slush funds of foreign origin for personal gain and to subvert and otherwise pervert national policy.

Anarchy is the opposite of territorial integrity and legality.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:16 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Awww I guess the president-elect is not receiving a warm welcome.
From a select group of misfits ... who cares ?

Old 11-12-2016, 06:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Anarchy is the absence of rules, as in the rule of law.

As in some 30 million illegals on US soil, as in slush funds of foreign origin for personal gain and to subvert and otherwise pervert national policy.

Anarchy is the opposite of territorial integrity and legality.
Yes it is an absence of laws, as Anarchy believes people can live peaceably together without them. I am not arguing they are right, just what the argument is. You can't take only one part of the equation and then label those you do not like with that label.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:26 AM

17,343 posts, read 11,281,227 times
I unfortunately live in So Cal and none of this surprises me at all, in fact I expected it. Remember CA has 1/3 of the illegals in this country living here and nearly every person in politics from dog catcher to governor is a liberal pro amnesty, pro open border fanatic.
The young people here are brainwashed as soon as they start going to pre-school and it continues throughout their lives with a far left agenda pushed by teachers and professors.
During Trump rallies, the worst hate and violence occurred here with a governor and local officials encouraging such behavior. In the long run though, it was this behavior seen nationwide that helped elected Trump.
If radical leftists think being violent and using intimidation is going to change election results, they are even more stupid now than during the primaries.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:31 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
The anger was already there due to a combination of brainwashing, financial hardship and breakdown of their family. They use Trump to vent the rage that was already there.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:32 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I unfortunately live in So Cal and none of this surprises me at all, in fact I expected it. Remember CA has 1/3 of the illegals in this country living here and nearly every person in politics from dog catcher to governor is a liberal pro amnesty, pro open border fanatic.
The young people here are brainwashed as soon as they start going to pre-school and it continues throughout their lives with a far left agenda pushed by teachers and professors.
During Trump rallies, the worst hate and violence occurred here with a governor and local officials encouraging such behavior. In the long run though, it was this behavior seen nationwide that helped elected Trump.
If radical leftists think being violent and using intimidation is going to change election results, they are even more stupid now than during the primaries.
And those same liberals who promote open borders will be the first ones screaming for federal help when overcrowding kicks in, jobs are non-existent, natural resources are being used up, and SoCal begins to resemble India.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Photo of some goons arrested for violent rioting in Portland. I assume more of the same in LA.

https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/s...66934454366209

Old 11-12-2016, 06:44 AM

9,096 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Who are the "DEPLORABLES" now LOL.
City people! I've known it all along which is why I live out in the boonies. My car windows remain intact, my house has not been scorched and my mailbox is still standing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies