Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 02:52 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's even colder on Pluto.

That's totally irrelevant to the human caused global warming on earth.
the warming and cooling is all natural...to say its 'human caused' is not an accurate statement

the earth in it's 4 billion years has had like 2 dozen warming and cooling cycles..the last ice age peaked around 16000-18000 years ago and we have been warming since...its not a steady warming, there are decades were it levels off, or even cools slightly, but we have been warming for the last 16000 years

each inter-glacial period, has brought the GLOBAL average temperature to the low-mid 70's F....currently we are around 59'f for a global average, and slightly behind the pervious cycles.

only people who deny history and science , are the ones calling it man made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 06:43 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Really? Apparently the vast majority of actual climatologists working in the field didn't get the memo.

What makes one a climate scientist?

Let me give you an example. I determine a good engineer because they consistently build bridges that don't collapse. Know any climatologists that have saved planets from global warming? So I have to judge by some sort of arbitrary authority that usually replicates itself. When the only good climatologist are the ones that agree with the others , its easy to get to 97%. I see the exact same thing with economics. There I am in the know and disagree with I'd say most of them. my results were avoiding the stock market and housing bubbles and predicting stagflation etc.....

Science
advances one funeral at a time.” ― Max Planck.

I say this as an insult to myself. I don't know how to test a good climate scientist. I also know other things like priests historically frightening the populace with knowing when an eclipse would happen to gain power. . That is proof of your lack of resources. I notice people concerned about the environment do absolutely nothing to solve their biggest problem. They keep trying to convince people its happening. However they do nothing to deal with the fear people have of granting sweeping powers to people who solve a problem they themselves define. Why don't you work on that problem before coming up with more proof because that is a major problem.

I'd say in fact that I am that very person. I think there is a risk . However I know there is a risk in granting more government power to people who are perfectly willing to simply take that power and do no good at all while making themselves gods.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:11 PM

1,951 posts, read 2,300,032 times
the earth is cooling I know this is true because Rush Limbaugh just said so on the radio Monday and he is an expert climatologist form Harvard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies