Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 04:50 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

I think what is funny is that you had to bump your own thread, what 8 minutes after your initial post because people just did not care what you said....Hhhaahhahahhhahhhhahhhahhahaahahah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 04:51 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Just eating pop-corn, watching the show. Think they figuring out its not a royal dynasty. Pence came in and threw out the lobbyists. He is helping arrange something that makes sense. But hear my most unliked gov going tomorrow. Tricky Ricky from fla.. Ugh. Maybe he can sweep floors - anyhow pass the soda

Old 11-16-2016, 04:53 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
now his Son-in-Law is getting TOP SECRET clearance.
No, he isn't. Not yet, anyway.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
She was instrumental in getting rid of South Carolina confederate flag so she can't be all bad. Plus being of East Asian ancestry, would mean she got a 2400 on SAT. Doesn't all that make her qualified?
Foreigner taking away many southerner's historical symbols and heritage and basically make them out to be racist. Do not want .

Old 11-16-2016, 04:59 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Foreigner taking away many southerner's historical symbols and heritage and basically make them out to be racist. Do not want .
She was about the only one who could do it and not get major flak for doing so.

Most of us really didn't care about the flag being on statehouse grounds.. It had been removed from the dome, and was at a memorial.. Which.. Is basically where the flag should be flown.. The only issue was that the memorial was on statehouse grounds.

Most people opposed to moving it.. Really didn't care about the flag.. it was more someone else telling us to do something - that's what we didn't like. New Yorkers and Californians telling us what we should do.. Yep.. That generally doesn't end well for them.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:00 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
No, he isn't. Not yet, anyway.
Trump Team Requests Security Clearance for Jared Kushner

barely 35 years old, inherited hundreds of millions...
no experience remotely connected to government.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:02 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
SC Gov. Haley reportedly being considered for Trump’s Secretary of State

rly. A 44 year old woman from farmland South Carolina,

sure, she really knows a lot about the world...

NOT !

at this point, please, just "hire" Omarosa !!
I'm not a huge Governor Haley fan, she's had her ups and downs, but I would hardly write her off as just a "44 year old woman from farmland South Carolina."

You make it sound like she's some kind of field hand.

I'm extremely pessimistic about Trump, but this would be a positive step relative to his current direction. Even if Secretary of State is a big leap for Gov. Haley, I promise it could be MUCH MUCH worse.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Whether or not the OP's comments are premature is one thing. However, I am getting really tired, as a registered Independent, of being told to "move", "shut up", "go to my safe space", etc. if I should dare to make any criticism of any action that the President-elect takes. It doesn't work that way. In the United States, we still have freedom of speech, and are allowed to criticize whom we please. We are not required to agree with the winning party's actions just because they won, just as they didn't agree with the previous administration's actions when they were in power. That's just the way the system works - at least for now.
Nobody says to shut up but the elections were just a week ago and many are acting like the world is coming to an end and Trump is still President elect and not the President!

80% of all stories over the last year coming from the left wing media were either part of what was ignored or lies or biased reporting.

Maybe we can start to have more honest reporting and also wait to see what is true about who will be on which spot.

I don't have any problem when a post is made public and who will fill that post to start a discussion if the person is good or not but all this BS and rabbits to pet to keep students to get over the election results is so far from common sense. What are we raising, some wimps or can we raise kids that can compete with the rest of the world in the future.

I know for sure that many countries won't buy a rabbit for their citizens to feel better over an election.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:06 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Any Democrat who has negative comments should spend their time differently and wait and see. I understand it has been a stressful week for Democrats and for many of them it feels the world came down on them.

If you don't like it than move to Canada, Mexico or maybe the Middle East or Europe.

See how great it is over there.

We dealt with Obama for 8 years and aside from being called a racist for disagreeing, we just let the Obama administration do their job the way they did and watched and saw how bad it was.

Democrats will comment on every lie that CNN, MSNBC or any other left wing media is spitting out.

Most of the news has been wrong and for the rest.... it will be better than the last 8 years
I'll remember you said this.

In four years, I'll probably be sipping a rum & diet coke laughing hysterically about how all the Republicans who were on the Trump train will be wondering what the hell they voted for. Or not (meaning we'll see).

Old 11-16-2016, 05:08 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Quote:
Trump Team Requests Security Clearance for Jared Kushner

barely 35 years old, inherited hundreds of millions...
no experience remotely connected to government.
No,he didn't.

Trump didn't request top secret clearance for his kids: official
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies