Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 09:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Very nice...thank you
But let's face it, we are going to be hearing soon, they are all good looking so he will be able to enjoy pretty faces and maybe even hit on them.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:11 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But let's face it, we are going to be hearing soon, they are all good looking so he will be able to enjoy pretty faces and maybe even hit on them.
That would have likely been Bill Clinton and Hillary lost, remember?

Old 12-03-2016, 11:01 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
You'd be wrong, I got curious about some of the names I did not recognize, googled them to bone up on their background and... Some of those folks are not what one would call cover girl or boy attractive. Don't care as long as they are competent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Old 12-04-2016, 12:43 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Why all the Military men? You know what that leads to. Trump needs to quit acting like he has already been corinated. He is getting in trouble and stepping on toes. He needs to relax. I guess he is going to be a traveling president and Pence is going to do the paperwork....
In most cases, no one hates and avoids war as much as someone who's been involved in them. And also, Shields and Brooks on NPR News both like him and that counts with me.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:48 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Remember the warning from Pres. Eisenhower. "Beware of the military industrial complex". Nutty Don and the Koch's are now deep into the gov't. This will not be good for the general population of the country.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:39 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Remember the warning from Pres. Eisenhower. "Beware of the military industrial complex". Nutty Don and the Koch's are now deep into the gov't. This will not be good for the general population of the country.
Boss, didn't you predict that Hillary would win the election ?

Old 12-04-2016, 09:30 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I was in the 1st Marine Division and know Marines who served under him.

He surprised many of the subordinate officers under his command when he was the first guy in the parking lot at 5:00 am, ready to lead the way on a three mile battalion-strong run. You won't see Petraeus running alongside a PFC at 5:00 am.

He knows how to inspire/motivate men.....and it won't take long for him to weed out all the peanut-heads and civilian slouches at the Pentagon.
Lots of civilians were ex-military people. Maybe they became civilian slouches after the military.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:16 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
In most cases, no one hates and avoids war as much as someone who's been involved in them. And also, Shields and Brooks on NPR News both like him and that counts with me.
That's spot on.

I'm 100 percent pro mano-a-mano - but 100 percent anti-war

Take a good look around and see who's led the charge into many of these recent wars.

I heard this wall-flower senator Gillabrand from New York , say the other day - we should never put the Department of the Defense in the hands of a General.

Really? We don't want to put the DoD in the hands of a guy like Mattis - but instead maybe some Senator or ex Governor with close ties to Israel or Exxon or Shell....

Knowing what I know now, I'd never fight in a war for some joker that's sat behind a desk his whole life. That's laughable. I sure wouldn't fight for Hillary....and not Trump either. Zip tie me.

If you have some extra time, volunteer at your nearest regional VA hospital and you can observe and see for yourself what 3rd degree flash burns to the human face look like, or a 20-something year-old kid, with three missing limbs. You could volunteer to drive the DAV van and bring all these guys to their appointments.

Seeing these devastatingly, injured people up close and personal, is a whole lot different than watching a wounded warrior commercial on TV.

It might change your perspective on aggressive wars.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:37 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Lots of civilians were ex-military people. Maybe they became civilian slouches after the military.
Correct......and they need to be flipped also. They've spent far too long working for Panetta and Ash Carter. With Mattis, we might even get rid of the elevator flunky and the guy who runs the coffee stand too.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:06 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
That's spot on.

I'm 100 percent pro mano-a-mano - but 100 percent anti-war

Take a good look around and see who's led the charge into many of these recent wars.

I heard this wall-flower senator Gillabrand from New York , say the other day - we should never put the Department of the Defense in the hands of a General.

Really? We don't want to put the DoD in the hands of a guy like Mattis - but instead maybe some Senator or ex Governor with close ties to Israel or Exxon or Shell....

Knowing what I know now, I'd never fight in a war for some joker that's sat behind a desk his whole life. That's laughable. I sure wouldn't fight for Hillary....and not Trump either. Zip tie me.

If you have some extra time, volunteer at your nearest regional VA hospital and you can observe and see for yourself what 3rd degree flash burns to the human face look like, or a 20-something year-old kid, with three missing limbs. You could volunteer to drive the DAV van and bring all these guys to their appointments.

Seeing these devastatingly, injured people up close and personal, is a whole lot different than watching a wounded warrior commercial on TV.

It might change your perspective on aggressive wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.