Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 10:28 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal
If Trump does a terrible job like Obama then we will go back to being dems but if he is successful in bringing back jobs, cancels Obamacare & improves economy, I am voting for him again.
He will probably make it hard for ANYONE WHO ISNT RICH in this country!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the Jews. Maybe Chemtrails. Its hard to tell
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Maybe instead of jumping on here & posting just to post, you could actually have a point. Difficult, I know, but try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Umm... excuse me. Coming on and ranting about an evidences cabal of neoliberal elites attempting to form a world government, but apparently only trying where white people who watch Alex Jones' show live, is far from not making a point.

But I guess the 6 Jews who control everything have brainwashed you with chemtrails and GMOs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I keep asking folks like you which country is "1st" if not America, and why? Never get an answer...

Also can't seem to get an answer about what needs to happen for America to be "great again."

Seems mostly to have something to do with America being more white again, certainly more conservative, but really? Go backwards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Ist in what?

The US has the strongest industrial military complex. This was and will remain the case.

The US is the most violent country in the developed world.

The US has an insatiable demand for recreational drugs which is not likely to change.

The US spends more on the War on Drugs and this will likely remain unchanged.

The US has the largest industrial prison complex in the world. This was and will remain the case. In fact, it could continue to grow and create new jobs on the state and federal dime.

The US has historically trended middle of the road as it relates to educational testing when compared to other countries. Eliminating the federal achievement standard that is Common Core, will likely ensure the US will be continue to be less competitive in cognitive development and STEM skills.

The US healthcare system is at the bottom of the heap compared to the rest of the developed world.

Some countries have more economic freedoms.

Based on conclusions of 2015 surveys of 500 global manufacturing CEOs, the US is positioned to regain the top spot for manufacturing based on value of goods produced, by 2020. This was based on unprecedented investment by US manufacturers in industrial robotics designed to be more productive than cheap sources of labor. Assuming the trend is realized, whomever was elected in 2016 was positioned to take a bow, even though they had nothing to do with it.

The strength of a country's manufacturing sector is based on its exports. Trade agreements are bilateral. You want a tariffs on toasters fron China? China will slap a tariff on imports of commercial aircraft manufactured in the US. Not like the US is the only commercial aircraft manufacturer in the world. Airbus in France does the happy dance every time Trump talks about trade.

The US people are the fattest in the developed world. Reasonable to assume the US will retain the top spot.
Woo- Hoo.

The relative strength of the USD is based in part on the petrodollar. When oil trade is quoted and settled in USD, it creates demand for USD- in effect a toll. When OPEC chooses to use another currency or a basket of currencies, demand for USD will decline as will the lifestyle of the average Joe.

The US will continue to buy its allies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If I recall, you used this forum to advocate for an armed revolution in anticipation of a Trump loss.

I didn't know this would trigger the winners....

Well, maybe a little!

THIS IS AWESOME!!! LOL!

Old 11-19-2016, 10:36 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well, then maybe you should work hard during the next four years and make yourself some money. If Trump fails, then in four years you can go back and start reaching in my pocket again. (And I'm not rich!). Until then the pockets closed......

Old 11-19-2016, 10:56 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The rich actually did very well under Obama. Middle class and poor not so much.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:10 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It's only for 4 years. Enjoy it while you can.

Maybe... maybe not. Remember all of you lefties said he would never be president. How is that working for ya?

Old 11-19-2016, 11:55 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
There's panic on the left even before Trump takes office, its because they know he's going to straighten a lot of things out in the first 100 days, they know once he gets rolling, people will say 'hmmmm, this guy is all business and working FOR america'
No, the panic is based upon his statements, and choices. Many of which seem to be very unpresidential. Many of which are ethically concerning.

Quote:
you'll be enjoying it, you just don't know it yet, keep believing CNN and other fake news networks that this guy is the anti christ while he's building the country up around you, remember, they haven't been right yet about this guy, why would they start now?
I actually haven't seen much CNN, so can't really comment on that. But every time I think I can give him a chance he does something foolish.

That being said, in 4 years I will reflect on whats occurred, and vote accordingly. If he really has done a bang up job, and hasn't made our country worse in some ways, then guess what? I will vote for him. Economic is part of the equation, but so is social, and military.

Has he at least delivered on the immigration changes for example. I think that is critical. Not the anti-muslim stuff, but the anti-illegal part. And no, not the foolishness of the wall. That idea is just foolish. But REAL change like mandatory everify, or laws about only renting to people here legally.

But the choices he is making really so far arent making me hopeful. 100 days into his administration I suspect this board will be a fascinating read.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Trump has an outside chance of helping America to recover. With Hillary, it was practically nil. Imagine what a Rand Paul or a Ron Paul could do or have done, or even a Ross Perot decades ago.
Ross Perot did plenty. He gave us Clinton.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
If the Progressives are upset and in a panic, it is not the wrong choice for a cabinet member. So far, so good. Trump is batting .999

Old 11-19-2016, 12:12 PM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Trump has an outside chance of helping America to recover. With Hillary, it was practically nil. Imagine what a Rand Paul or a Ron Paul could do or have done, or even a Ross Perot decades ago.
Would have liked to see either or even both given a shot to try to fix our
F'ed up country.

Let's see how Trump does.

Will the left ever stop hating him because he's a White male? I doubt it.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If the Progressives are upset and in a panic, it is not the wrong choice for a cabinet member. So far, so good. Trump is batting .999
Hitler for secretary of state!

Seriously, if your choices are based on hatred of others, maybe you need to review your life some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies