Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:12 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,487 times

Advertisements

At least half of the country doesn't see eye to eye with the mainstream media. For some reason, the media is fine with pushing this large segment of the population further away. It's fine if they were only reporting facts, but with an obvious left leaning bias, they're not only losing viewership, but creating polarity and resentment. They keep claiming Trump is dividing the country. Seems to me he's a scapegoat for the very thing they are guilty of.

You can argue the conservative news does the same. They are not, however, mainstream, and many preface their content with their intent. For example, with a google search for TownHall.com, you will see this: "Townhall is the top source for conservative news, political cartoons, breaking news, election news and commentary on politics and the media culture."

However, search Huffington post and you get this "The destination for news, blogs and original content offering coverage of US politics, entertainment, style, world news, technology and comedy." At least they got the comedy part right.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:14 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
I think most of the media genuinely believes that conservatism is some small minority. Think about it: media types travel in circles where there are likely no real conservatives.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:25 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food
At least half of the country doesn't see eye to eye with the mainstream media
No we can see that MSM is garbage meant to keep people UNAWARE AND LIED TO....... (But they dont care cause they have enough under thier control)

Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,403,269 times
Well, for one it is not half the country, Trump only won about 26% of
eligible votes.
We have the minority running the country come January.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:11 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Well, for one it is not half the country, Trump only won about 26% of
eligible votes.
We have the minority running the country come January.
You guys will try everything to try to discredit Trump's win, it is making you guys looks really desperate.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:16 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,796,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
At least half of the country doesn't see eye to eye with the mainstream media. For some reason, the media is fine with pushing this large segment of the population further away. It's fine if they were only reporting facts, but with an obvious left leaning bias, they're not only losing viewership, but creating polarity and resentment. They keep claiming Trump is dividing the country. Seems to me he's a scapegoat for the very thing they are guilty of.

You can argue the conservative news does the same. They are not, however, mainstream, and many preface their content with their intent. For example, with a google search for TownHall.com, you will see this: "Townhall is the top source for conservative news, political cartoons, breaking news, election news and commentary on politics and the media culture."

However, search Huffington post and you get this "The destination for news, blogs and original content offering coverage of US politics, entertainment, style, world news, technology and comedy." At least they got the comedy part right.
Yes, conservative media is mainstream now and does the same, so your broken record argument of the 'biased mainstream media' sounds pretty dumb nowadays.

Conservatives hipocritically created the same thing.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:38 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,841,613 times
Tv news channels are like the radio when tv became popular. We no longer rely on their narrative & they are failing badly. Thats why they took money from politicians & were singing their praises throughout the elections. Their bias was so obvious. Social media & internet has killed them so no wonder they are strapped for cash & accepting sponsorship/bail outs from politicians who want to use them as a platform. They are no longer a reliable or credible source of news.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:50 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
You guys will try everything to try to discredit Trump's win, it is making you guys looks really desperate.
It's not desperation, it's despair. With Trump's latest announcement of cabinet members, I feel we are going backwards and into dark ages.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:12 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,909,844 times
It's a real risk they are taking. They calculate that they can openly push liberalism (their true passion) without losing many customers.
But newspapers in particular are in huge trouble. Hard copy buyers are mostly old; paper versions will be extinct within twenty years as that generation dies out. The newspapers always figured they could do well with online versions but I disagree. Here's why:
I am an "average Joe" in most ways, but one exception is that I love reading my local daily with a passion. Other people might check Facebook ten times a day; I check my newspaper website that often. My newspaper has drifted left over the last thirty years and is now HARD left. I have boycotted buying the hard copy for years due to their bias ( many other people have too). But I could never even imagine boycotting the online version....even though I know that every click helps them. But just tonight, I realized "I don't need them". I don't need to read about big fires, crimes or events THAT bad. I can hear about most of that stuff in other ways. If a guy like ME is giving up on my lifelong love--my local daily--- then newspapers are toast.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:24 PM

491 posts, read 320,055 times
As bad as this problem is when it comes to the news that is aired by the MSM, the problem is even more acute when one looks at the late-night television landscape. With the main exception of Jimmy Fallon (who wisely avoids broadcasting his political beliefs), late-night has become an endless barrage of leftist propaganda. Perhaps that is why Fallon gets good ratings while the ultra-liberal Colbert has been floundering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies