Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 06:46 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
a vast amount of American simply live in FEAR-- maybe because we are so big-- but the media and politics will always keep us apart and leery of one another.
me thinks you actually think too much.

FEAR? Well, maybe some people live in FEAR, I doubt vast majority of Americans live in fear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, just because you've been rejected by a girl who is a different race, doesn't mean she is a racist. Maybe you are just not her type. Just because you are rejected, doesn't mean you are not good enough.

I've been called a racist once simply because the guy who asked me out is from a different race. Matter of fact, I've gone out with men from many different races. FEAR? Ha! No way, baby.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:57 AM

62,961 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I'm so sick of this.

Americans who say this must be very insulated and/or brainwashed.

If you travel around the world, you'll quickly find what real racism is. I'm in Japan right now, some people consider it to be more free than the US. Ha! Though it's a high-context society, it is teeming with racism against non-Japanese. You can't even get into the top social circles, and others may not even become friends with you for fear of what their Japanese compatriots would think.

Don't get me started on places like China either. You want to see some harsh racism? If Chinese see anyone of a different skin color, they will talk about them... right in front of them (assuming they don't speak Chinese)!

I was in Thailand when a minority group was randomly attacking Thai citizens.

And don't think it's better in another "white" country like Australia.

STOP being duped by the media. They love throwing buzzwords out there hoping it will circulate among brain dead sheep.

Get out more.

I get what you are saying but I don't think anyone should be labeled as a racist just because they want their country to be able to retain their demographics and identifying culture in the first place.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:59 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've been to both China and Japan, I don't think either country is MORE racist.

Nor do I think America is More racist.

There are racists in every country.

I can't believe how many Chinese and Japanese want to be friends with me, maybe your experience is different is from mine and I certainly am not doubting your experience or your words. But I found it strange that you actually experienced racism in Japan because most Japanese people don't really show their true emotions, especially in public. They are actually very polite folks.
Why are our experiences different? I've lived in both countries. Believe me, it's waaay different when you're just passing through and don't speak the language.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:59 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I get what you are saying but I don't think anyone should be labeled as a racist just because they want their country to be able to retain their demographics and identifying culture in the first place.
And that's not an issue of so-called race but culture. I doubt Japanese would be accepting of Koreans overrunning their nation and vice versa.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Why are our experiences different? I've lived in both countries. Believe me, it's waaay different when you're just passing through and don't speak the language.
well, Like I said, your experience is different from mine.

I will leave it at that.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:08 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
I'm so sick of this.

If you travel around the world, you'll quickly find what real racism is. I'm in Japan right now, some people consider it to be more free than the US. Ha! Though it's a high-context society, it is teeming with racism against non-Japanese. You can't even get into the top social circles, and others may not even become friends with you for fear of what their Japanese compatriots would think.

Don't get me started on places like China either. You want to see some harsh racism? If Chinese see anyone of a different skin color, they will talk about them... right in front of them (assuming they don't speak Chinese)!

STOP being duped by the media. They love throwing buzzwords out there hoping it will circulate among brain dead sheep.

Get out more.
So because Japan is racist, therefore America isn't racist?

Great logic, dogfood.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:11 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
I'm so sick of this.

Get out more.
I've worked for two major Japanese corporations, and yes sexism and racism does exist. I was victim to it (racism) on more
than occasion.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:21 AM

Generalizing, at its most basic level, is just learning. We see A happen and then B happen. Next time A happens, so does B. Or we see an A that is blue, and another, and another. So now we know, or think we do, that B always follows A, and all As are blue.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:03 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
I'm so sick of this.

Get out more.
Sounds like you are the one being duped. Who needs the media? Everyone has cameras now. Racists will be exposed when they crawl out from under their rocks, and they are Trump supporters. Welcome to the new reality.

Video captures Trump supporter lashing out at Starbucks employee by UM | Miami Herald

Video: White Miami Man Screams "Trump!" at Black Starbucks Employee, Claims "Anti-White Discrimination" | Miami New Times

Man Claims Discrimination At Starbucks Because He Voted For Trump « CBS Miami

Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've been to both China and Japan, I don't think either country is MORE racist.

Nor do I think America is More racist.

There are racists in every country.

I can't believe how many Chinese and Japanese want to be friends with me, maybe your experience is different is from mine and I certainly am not doubting your experience or your words. But I found it strange that you actually experienced racism in Japan because most Japanese people don't really show their true emotions, especially in public. They are actually very polite folks.
I'm an American born white guy who is a settled, legal permanent resident of China, married to a Chinese woman, and has a Chinese-born daughter of mixed descent. People here are pretty openly racist; I've gotten it plenty of times, my wife has gotten it for being married to me, and our infant daughter has even had a few people sneer at her or openly make disparaging comments towards her - not a wise thing to do in front of a loving and protective dad who's 6'2 and built like a tank.

I will never be granted citizenship. I will always pay higher taxes. In any dispute with a Chinese national, I will always lose. The government here will stoke racist, ethnocentrist, nationalist flames as the wind blows if it suits their needs. Black people have it a lot worse, especially Africans who don't hold a US/EU passport. It's screwed up. China is extremely racist... no two ways about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies