Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Mass immigration, multiculturalism and diversity can never work anywhere. It will always just cause more division and racism. Let's just be honest.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:27 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Mass immigration, multiculturalism and diversity can never work anywhere. It will always just cause more division and racism. Let's just be honest.
Don't agree... There are many areas now and throughout history that tolerance was present and we were all better for it.

Its not immigration, multiculturalism and diversity you are truly concerned with, it is the thought of a future with a white minority. I believe the fear is unrealistic.

In the 1800s similar concerns made people fear incoming Irish immigrants... then the Chinese... etc... we are who we are as a country because of this.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:34 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Tribalism, not racism.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Don't agree... There are many areas now and throughout history that tolerance was present and we were all better for it.

Its not immigration, multiculturalism and diversity you are truly concerned with, it is the thought of a future with a white minority. I believe the fear is unrealistic.

In the 1800s similar concerns made people fear incoming Irish immigrants... then the Chinese... etc... we are who we are as a country because of this.
Exhibit A. A majority of non-whites want open borders and America to be an over populated white minority America. Diversity is just racial conflict for power. Do not want.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:39 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
So please stop trying to manufacture a tempest in a teacup.

If American were racist they would not have elected Barack Hussein Obama President of the United States of America 8 years straight.

You Republicans really need to grow up and mature and get over yourself.
Stop. What % of the American population voted for President Obama? Think.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Exhibit A. A majority of non-whites want open borders and America to be an over populated white minority America. Diversity is just racial conflict for power. Do not want.
Again.. your fear of a white minority America is unrealistic.

Diversity doesn't in of itself breed racial conflict... perhaps a sense of tribalism but certainly doesn't automatically result in racism.

You use the terms whites and non-whites within the context of diversity and multiculturalism.. you do realize that "white" isn't a culture and that there used to be just as much anti-Irish sentiment in this country during the 1800s. That too passed... we don't hear a lot of discrimination against our Irish American citizens.

I don't believe the majority of non-whites want open borders... Trumps election is an indication of that.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:11 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sounds like you are the one being duped. Who needs the media? Everyone has cameras now. Racists will be exposed when they crawl out from under their rocks, and they are Trump supporters. Welcome to the new reality.

Video captures Trump supporter lashing out at Starbucks employee by UM | Miami Herald

Video: White Miami Man Screams "Trump!" at Black Starbucks Employee, Claims "Anti-White Discrimination" | Miami New Times

Man Claims Discrimination At Starbucks Because He Voted For Trump « CBS Miami
Did you hear about the Halloween display some people had the the "Three Lakes community in Kendall? all right next to the President-elect sign. I'm not even gonna link that.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Again.. your fear of a white minority America is unrealistic.

Diversity doesn't in of itself breed racial conflict... perhaps a sense of tribalism but certainly doesn't automatically result in racism.

You use the terms whites and non-whites within the context of diversity and multiculturalism.. you do realize that "white" isn't a culture and that there used to be just as much anti-Irish sentiment in this country during the 1800s. That too passed... we don't hear a lot of discrimination against our Irish American citizens.

I don't believe the majority of non-whites want open borders... Trumps election is an indication of that.
I use white to mean European ancestry. Stop bringing up the Irish as an example of anything, most of that was about being flooded with desperate immigrants, class, Christian religion sect and a regional thing and frankly revisionist history, and not about intractable genetic racial differences. Most Anglo Americans many of them of mixed Irish ancestry themselves wouldn't notice the different between an Irish, Scot, Welsh, English even German etc once assimilated and if they weren't being a problem group.

I'm focused on today and the destabilizing and disruptive effects mass immigration from all around the world has been having. We are being socio-politically, culturally and economically changed by it. No one has the right to change any country like that.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
I use white to mean European ancestry. Stop bringing up the Irish as an example of anything, most of that was about being flooded with desperate immigrants, class, Christian religion sect and a regional thing and frankly revisionist history, and not about intractable genetic racial differences. Most Anglo Americans many of them of mixed Irish ancestry themselves wouldn't notice the different between an Irish, Scot, Welsh, English even German etc once assimilated and if they weren't being a problem group.

I'm focused on today and the destabilizing and disruptive effects mass immigration has been having. We are being socio-politically, culturally and economically changed by it. No one has the right to change any country like that.
I agree with you. Multiculturalism was never going to happen on a massive scale. It's impossible to live together without some common culture IMO. That doesn't mean everyone has to be THIS way or THAT way but everyone has to buy in and agree that this country is NOT the same as others and appreciate that fact.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:52 AM

Quote:
The Irish were also desperate immigrants who came to this country as well looking for a new better life. I keep bringing it up because you ignore that what you fear has already happened several times in history. The only reason you are not concern is that Scots, Welsh, English etc... all are considered white. Each brought their own cultural differences and as well as their own biases. And yes... our country feared the destabilizing and disruptive effects of mass immigration back then as well. The nativists of that time (which sound a lot like you) feared the same things you did... including these Irish immigrants stealing their place/role in the US as well as their jobs.

But.. with time, they were all assimilated and for the most part are not a problem group. In fact, they are a integral part of our country today.

The immigrants today are no different. What your fear is not immigration itself.. it is immigration of people who you deem as non-white. That's unrealistic. History doesn't play into your narrative but dismissing it isn't going to change anything.

Some of the areas with the most growth and strongest local economies in this country are areas of diversity. They are made up of many communities of mixed cultures and people... and exist/live/work together and they co-exist with a common adopted culture as well as as their own. Their children will grow up in our culture.... a common one that we share... regardless of their color.

Earlier you dismissed me for a claim I never made... being "pro-white" simply because I dated and married white women. However, you made the mistake of assuming they were US born white women; one in fact was a Russian immigrant. I'm in fact not white... But I was born and raised here in the US... experiencing living in areas ranging from predominantly black areas to mixed as well as predominantly white. I don't identify, speak, nor adopt the culture of my parent's home country.

I am in fact as assimilated as the Irish, Scot, Welsh, English, Germans that you so easily accept. If you spoke to me behind a closed curtain, you would most likely assume I was white. Yet... you would find me more of a threat to the destabilizing and disruption of this country than my former immigrant Russian GF simply because I don't look white.

Last edited by usayit; 11-20-2016 at 03:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies