Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 07:11 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no, I expect they won't, if it goes thru as depicted here. sorry it's from the compost.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...mepage%2Fstory
DC voted 90 something % for hillary and 4.1 % for trump.....enough said!

time to ram the prow of our ship into the government juggernaught of the elite, privleged and faceless bureaucrats and the political appointed hamdlers from the 3 lettered federal agencies. Agencies that treat us as criminals and especially the IRS where a small mistake grows into unpayable debt. Where the tax cheat from goldman sachs is made head of the treasury and armed employees raid gibson guitar company over an administrative cufuffle and then drop the case after confiscating and delaying return of items taken during the raid.

Time to storm the castle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 07:21 PM

35,705 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The Federal government is the largest employer in the country. Most programs are valid, many are programs that deliver little or nothing. Head Start is 1 such program that has cost us billions and has not delivered. The EPA has grown into an unrecognizable giant. Yes the EPA provides a valued service. The question is, is it bloated with BS that serves little or no purpose. How many Federal police agencies do we really need? Can some be merged and down sized? I think so. Look at the number of civilian employees working on military bases. There is a ton of fat that we can cut from the fed and never miss it.
There is waste in all areas, slackers yes baby from the twit with the short skirt doing her nails in a bank to the top mgrs.. Of some agency, going on cruises with their g-friends at our expense. People good or bad work everywhere. Now just a question, what you want to do with all the cut employee workers? What to do- with the lack of money ? -all feds including military bring money to town. They spend in local infrastructure from paper to gas, buildings etc. the employees buy homes and groceries. So... Shut it down, who all looses ? Ok more on food stamp. Got it !

Old 11-21-2016, 07:28 PM

35,705 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's gotten out of line the pay and benefits of federal workers compared to the private sector. We need to lower the overall government cost.
Truth it's the management of the budget. My take, it's very unbalanced. They blow on stupid stuff - and skim on important things. She me over paid and never lift a finger, and some the cubes look like mountains of paperwork will never get done. That position is underpaid and understaffed. I will remind people. Many give employees are vets.. Still want to throw them out to the streets?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Truth it's the management of the budget. My take, it's very unbalanced. They blow on stupid stuff - and skim on important things. She me over paid and never lift a finger, and some the cubes look like mountains of paperwork will never get done. That position is underpaid and understaffed. I will remind people. Many give employees are vets.. Still want to throw them out to the streets?
It shouldn't matter WHO the employee is or was be it Veteran,Manager or Director, not performing out you go. As for those in duplicate jobs or in unneeded agencies? Well, give the option of transferring to some other agency if there's an open position or, just like any other employer you'll receive layoff benefits and job placement services.

It's past time to reduce the bloat, remove redundant or useless jobs/agencies and do a full forensic audit of the U.S. Government.
It's way past time to reform the compensation of ALL federal employees and bring them into line with their private counterparts. I don't know of ANY private companies that give automatic raises, or that give bonuses to workers who performed poorly or just because they showed up for work. This by the way INCLUDES retirement and health benefits.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:50 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Well in four years when this country is screwed by Trump they will blame President Obama.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Good. Federal employees shouldn't be coddled. Let them operate in the real world for a change.

That includes Congress!

Old 11-22-2016, 12:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I have been a federal employee for a short time. I have always agreed that "firing" reform needs to happen. There is one main reason that it is so difficult and that is because they had to offer some "protection" to the civil servant so that all wouldn't be swept out with each new administration. The civil service has to be a stable, objective, non-partisan workforce that is beyond the touch of political leanings. That said, the protections go WAY too far.

The next thing I would like to address is pensions. Just to put it out there: what do you consider is a generous pension? I don't feel like I have one but maybe I am off base so I'll put that out to you to see what you think. Again, I was private sector for 18 years before I moved over so I'm not blind to what a non-government employee experiences.
I remember when I worked in federal employment and only a journeyman electrician with a helper could change a light bulb. Sometimes we would have to wait several days for them to be available.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:13 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I remember when I worked in federal employment and only a journeyman electrician with a helper could change a light bulb. Sometimes we would have to wait several days for them to be available.
I think they have now outsourced electricians. My husband is a commercial electrician and all he does is work within government buildings.

I wouldn't compare today's workforce on what used to happen. The lower paid positions and many WG positions also have been contracted out.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:15 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Government employees should be brought into parity with the average private sector worker in the same type job plain and simple. Not hard really, just common sense...
You think government employees are paid better than private sector workers?

Old 11-22-2016, 12:16 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Cool story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies