Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:07 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
If we get rid of these Federal employee's and let private,state governments to fill their places our national debt could be paid off in 10 to 15 years....
BS, you'll be paying more. LOTS more. We already are for the "shadow" workforce of contractors that get every penny of their funds from the taxpayer. You, the taxpayer, paid many CEOs millions of dollars in bonuses to do government only work. It will get worse without some sort of oversight. They never do the right thing--greed is too powerful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why not just concentrate on eliminating programs and functions that are duplicated withing multiple agencies, and ending federal programs that have grossly underperformed or have flat out failed?

Why not do this first, instead of assuming everyone is being over compensated?
Don't try to bring logic into this conversation. C-D Political Board is a logic-free zone.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:16 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Let's get one thing straight, Trump is a businessman. Every CEO's main duty is to ensure there is efficiency with their work force. He will appoint people who shares his vision into the top post slowly and surely transition the Fed to becoming leaner.

The bad thing that I envision is that hiring will freeze and he may start re-organizing the Fed so there is more efficiency and cut the red tape out. The problem I believe Fed workers are notorious with is waiting on something or someone to take ownership of a problem or workflow. There's a lack of process management, too many workers have no clue how something is done because a new process took place and no communication then nobody's job to communicate or reach out to people about changes or hand hold workers through the process.

In the private sector, that's what managers do they crack the whip and they're 1st to know what changes took place to communicate. At the Feds, too many managers are too busy with the stock market and personal stuff.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:18 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Good. Federal employees shouldn't be coddled. Let them operate in the real world for a change.
And they should be subject to ObamaCare just like the rest of us peons.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
About damn time they did that. These worthless government workers getting free rides for shoddy work.
Is it really "the workers" or, could it be management? Look, I don't subscribe to the "all government workers bad" theory. I do believe that the government is very bloated with duplicate jobs, senseless programs, waste,theft and nepotism. I do believe the attitude exists of "who cares, it's not OUR money" but how pervasive that is needs to be determined and rooted out.
I do believe the mentality of "if we don't spend our whole budget this year it'll get reduced next year so go blow some $$$ before the next fiscal year" has got to END. This is not strictly the domain of just one party, this attitude has been around for decades and has become the culture of any government agency.

We DO need to stop the way "budget cuts" are reported and demand honesty. Is it really a budget cut or is it just a reduction of a budget increase, as in "instead of getting an increase of 40% we're getting cut to a 20% increase. THAT IS NOT A CUT as the budget is still rising.

As for the military, I live near an airbase and talk with mechanics (fwiw I am not in the military). They are struggling to do their jobs to keep planes in the air. Planes are OLD and parts are not readily available, fuel for training is not as plentiful as it should be to keep our pilots in tip top shape. That is WRONG!
Unfortunately perceived weakness does in fact embolden our adversaries and does in fact encourage them to try and take advantage. That is bad for us as a nation, forget about the rest of the world we police.

We have a moral obligation to those we're asking to put their lives on the line at a moments notice to give them everything they need to do what they're asked to do, not just some duct taped together worn out pieces of crap but top of the line equipment and technology.

We have a moral obligation to PAY them a livable wage, give them the benefits we PROMISED when they signed up and take the best care of them if they are injured.

That takes $$$$$$$ that have been wiped out over the years. We as a nation should be rising up and demanding that those who put their lives on the line be properly compensated and taken care of for their efforts...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
BS, you'll be paying more. LOTS more. We already are for the "shadow" workforce of contractors that get every penny of their funds from the taxpayer. You, the taxpayer, paid many CEOs millions of dollars in bonuses to do government only work. It will get worse without some sort of oversight. They never do the right thing--greed is too powerful.
AKA Blackwater, the shadow army...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Let's get one thing straight, Trump is a businessman. Every CEO's main duty is to ensure there is efficiency with their work force. He will appoint people who shares his vision into the top post slowly and surely transition the Fed to becoming leaner.

The bad thing that I envision is that hiring will freeze and he may start re-organizing the Fed so there is more efficiency and cut the red tape out. The problem I believe Fed workers are notorious with is waiting on something or someone to take ownership of a problem or workflow. There's a lack of process management, too many workers have no clue how something is done because a new process took place and no communication then nobody's job to communicate or reach out to people about changes or hand hold workers through the process.

In the private sector, that's what managers do they crack the whip and they're 1st to know what changes took place to communicate. At the Feds, too many managers are too busy with the stock market and personal stuff.
So what you're saying is "bad/lazy management creates bad/lazy employees"? Imagine that...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yep, but for some reason people can't see past the jealous noses on their jealous faces. There is no thinking about the whole of the workforce. It's me, me, me. Does that surprise you with the crowd. Luckily for them, I suspect most are a bunch of bitter old farts and they won't be affected by it. But their children will.
It isn't jealousy to want sub par employees to be cut or paid what they're worth when you're the one footing the bill. Just where do you think the money comes to pay these government workers? They certainly aren't a profit center creating the income they're paid. For decades government work is where people who no else wants to hire go.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-23-2016 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: personal

Old 11-23-2016, 08:38 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Good. Federal employees shouldn't be coddled. Let them operate in the real world for a change.
Truth. They deserve a taste of reality.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:48 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, given that the government workers are being paid with $$$$ TAKEN from the citizens by force it's understandable and should be expected that those paying the bills might be a tad upset at excess,waste,fraud and theft just like any other employer... As employers we should demand an audit and reality check when it comes to OUR money.

How is that so hard to understand?
HUD Has No Answer For Why Its Financial Books Are Worthless l Daily Caller 11/22/16

HUD has an annual budget of $50 Million Dollars.... It can't pass an Audit & it can't explain why it can't get its act together enough to present the necessary paperwork for an Audit. It hasn't been able to do so in years.

HUD is not alone, the Defense Department, Homeland Security & others are in the same horrible shape.
It's nothing but a big Razzle-Dazzle on the Taxpayer Dime. They don't care, but the Taxpayer is FED-UP.

Time for a real change. Time to clean house. The freeloaders who can even pass an Audit should be worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies