U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2016, 11:31 AM
 
3,592 posts, read 7,690,260 times
Reputation: 2873

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When you run the most divisive campaign in history, choose the most divisive cabinet possible, and move forward with incredibly divisive and damaging plans....making you the most unpopular presidential winner ever, and having not won the majority vote....

To then go on camera and say this:

is without a doubt one of the most hypocritical comments I have read today.

And no, your nonsense about Clinton, or who won is truly irrelevant to the topic. Thats just a distraction. You choose this. You will get ZERO assumption from me of your goodwill.

Source:
Trump calls for national healing on Thanksgiving
I don't dispute Trump's victory, but Clinton's lead in the popular vote has eclipsed 2,000,000.

Over two million. Regardless of your political beliefs, that number is indicative of many strange things.

So it is difficult to really call anyone a hypocrite when their preferred candidate received over two million more votes than the victor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-24-2016, 11:35 AM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,597 posts, read 3,381,285 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I don't dispute Trump's victory, but Clinton's lead in the popular vote has eclipsed 2,000,000.

Over two million. Regardless of your political beliefs, that number is indicative of many strange things.

So it is difficult to really call anyone a hypocrite when their preferred candidate received over two million more votes than the victor.
Not strange at all considering the bulk of those votes are coming from the most liberal state in the country where you can vote if you can breathe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 11:58 AM
 
4,491 posts, read 1,661,115 times
Reputation: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
You knw Hillary didn't win the Majority right? Neither of them got 50%
The majority means the "greater number." It does not require more than 50% vote to win. Whoever is telling you this is an idiot as they do not understand number. Hillary had more individual voters than any other candidate, therefore, the greatest number of voters. You know; basic math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,193 posts, read 10,366,702 times
Reputation: 11206
Well I don't like Trump either but I'd rather him have a message of healing than use his platform for more divisive rhetoric. He scapegoated who he did to get elected, and the rubes fell for all of it. Let's just criticize his policies if and when he gives us the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 12:12 PM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
7,240 posts, read 3,004,534 times
Reputation: 6060
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When you run the most divisive campaign in history, choose the most divisive cabinet possible, and move forward with incredibly divisive and damaging plans....making you the most unpopular presidential winner ever, and having not won the majority vote....

To then go on camera and say this:

is without a doubt one of the most hypocritical comments I have read today.

And no, your nonsense about Clinton, or who won is truly irrelevant to the topic. Thats just a distraction. You choose this. You will get ZERO assumption from me of your goodwill.

Source:
Trump calls for national healing on Thanksgiving
It's only devisive to you. We on the right have long left the station.
The era of President Trump will be spectacular because we want it to be. Your opinion and "feelings" are irrelevant.
You now have a choice. Engage and contribute to America's success or be left out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 12:16 PM
 
13,752 posts, read 14,586,093 times
Reputation: 11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
It's only devisive to you. We on the right have long left the station.
The era of President Trump will be spectacular because we want it to be. Your opinion and "feelings" are irrelevant.
You now have a choice. Engage and contribute to America's success or be left out.
was this your thinking for Obama's 8 years? did you "engage to America's success or be left out"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
 
3,871 posts, read 1,899,272 times
Reputation: 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When you run the most divisive campaign in history, choose the most divisive cabinet possible, and move forward with incredibly divisive and damaging plans....making you the most unpopular presidential winner ever, and having not won the majority vote....

To then go on camera and say this:

is without a doubt one of the most hypocritical comments I have read today.

And no, your nonsense about Clinton, or who won is truly irrelevant to the topic. Thats just a distraction. You choose this. You will get ZERO assumption from me of your goodwill.

Source:
Trump calls for national healing on Thanksgiving
There is no reconciling those who refuse to be reconciled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
7,982 posts, read 2,742,487 times
Reputation: 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Not strange at all considering the bulk of those votes are coming from the most liberal state in the country where you can vote if you can breathe.
Or even if you've stopped breathing....lol.

How many times does it it have to be explained to the Left why the popular vote is irrelevant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Southern Nevada
2,841 posts, read 1,197,599 times
Reputation: 3128
He gave a nice generic message. Nothing wrong with that.

Of course no matter what he said, the looney left would whine about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2016, 02:25 PM
 
13,752 posts, read 14,586,093 times
Reputation: 11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Obama was a joker. He was the cool cat. A cigarette smoking ex-ghetto dweller. He took America on a joy ride for eight years.
We took the keys back and put America in the shop for an overhaul.
The adults are back in charge now, and the delinquents resent it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I would hope so. America is a majority White Christian nation. Let's state the obvious!
like it or not Obama will go down as a great POTUS, your assessment of him is pure subjective rant based on an obvious bias. same can be said of your declarations of a white Christian nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top