Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should CA secede?
Yes 103 53.93%
No 88 46.07%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:44 PM

638 posts, read 310,246 times

Advertisements

See ya! Their government doesn't want to be part of this country, so I say cut'em loose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 06:46 PM

979 posts, read 490,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Most counties in California voted for Trump, didn't they? The west coast elites in the big cities who need cheap labor for illegal immigrant maids and landscapers didn't vote for Trump.
Elections are not decided by how many counties vote for someone, it is decided by how many people within that state that voted for someone. Unlike our presidential election, the election for the president that happens within each state is done by a popular vote, not an electoral college vote, so the majority of Californians voted for Clinton, not Trump.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:49 PM

979 posts, read 490,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Yes, I'm all for California leaving, if safe enough to do so! Would love for us to be our own country or we can take Oregon, Washington, and Nevada with is and join Canada.
There are some serious flaws to this post, Oregon and Washington would probably become their own country rather than join in with California. Also, it would make no sense for Canada to want to take in the entire west coast and become a country that is run by the Pacific West.

Ideally, Oregon and Washington would form Cascadia, and California and probably Las Vegas would form the Republic of California.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:10 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
There are some serious flaws to this post, Oregon and Washington would probably become their own country rather than join in with California. Also, it would make no sense for Canada to want to take in the entire west coast and become a country that is run by the Pacific West.

Ideally, Oregon and Washington would form Cascadia, and California and probably Las Vegas would form the Republic of California.
You didn't catch the articles and tweets where Canadians were inviting the entire West coast and Nevada to secede and join Canada, did you?

I didn't make up this scenario, I simply borrowed it from those articles for my post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kiro7.r...?client=safari

https://thinkpol.ca/2016/11/12/canad...o-join-canada/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...?client=safari

Should California, Oregon and Washington join Canada? #Calexit talk envelops West Coast | The Seattle Times

Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Typical Arrogance.
Tell that to the Canadians who came up with the idea.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm all for California leaving, if safe enough to do so! Would love for us to be our own country or we can take Oregon, Washington, and Nevada with us and join Canada.
Were will California get its water.......The watersheds that supply drinking water to 80% of California’s resident cover almost 157 million acres and span 8 states.

Looks like California needs others more than the other states need California.

Join Canada........oh

Old 01-06-2017, 07:55 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
The land is far more valuable than the inhabitants. I think a purge is in order of the land of California. After that it will be a conservative, common sense State.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm all for California leaving, if safe enough to do so! Would love for us to be our own country or we can take Oregon, Washington, and Nevada with us and join Canada.
MOST of those states if talking land ain't "liberal". Las Vegas, Seattle, SF, and LA would be small blue islands in a sea of red.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The land is far more valuable than the inhabitants. I think a purge is in order of the land of California. After that it will be a conservative, common sense State.
IMHO things are gonna get real ugly for many "libs" real soon. What happened to Hillary in 2016 is a warning; either start worrying about Americans or else.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,555,950 times
The greatest single mistake by the United States of America was fighting to make the southern states stay in the union. It would have been far better to let the region go. The US has been paying for this mistake for the last 150 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies