Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 09:37 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times

Advertisements

Hey, I thought black people were being forced out of California? Instead of moving to a bubble of elites and planting himself under a palm tree, he should return to the place he owes so much, the city of Chicago! He would be nothing without the people of Illinois electing him as senator back '04. What did Illinois get in return these past 8 years? Chicago has gotten nothing from Barack, they are worse off than they were back in '08, time for some payback. He needs to get his butt back there and try to shatter some crack pipes. Perhaps he could run for mayor or pick up his senator gig again. Or perhaps run for governor of Illinois, unless he thinks he's too good for that now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 09:38 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Interesting, but they won't be moving until Sasha graduates from high school.

Maybe he'll be spotted in Palm Springs eventually.

The Obamas Are Moving To California
Sounds like a cushy assignment for all the SS agents who will be in attendance.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:39 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Hey, I thought black people were being forced out of California? Instead of moving to a paradise bubble of elites, he should return to the place he owes so much, the city of Chicago! He would be nothing without the people of Illinois electing him as senator back '04. What did Illinois get in return these past 8 years? Chicago has gotten nothing from Barack, they are worse off than they were back in '08, time for some payback. He needs to get his butt back there and try to shatter some crack pipes. Perhaps he could run for mayor or pick up his senator gig again. Or perhaps run for governor of Illinois.

Given the propensity of former Illinois governors to end up in jail, that's a nice thought.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:42 PM

21,119 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Hopefully west of the San Andreas Fault.

Edit: Looks like it's just west of it.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:22 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
They should move next to me Plus, Newport Beach is a lot nicer, in my opinion. After all, we have Kobe.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:27 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
... I am not a President obama fan, but I think he is a good man.

Plus, let's not pretend we don't want president Obama to be our next door neighbor. Property value, everybody? Gee. I will kill to have him as my next door neighbor.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:44 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times
Obama should check out Calabasas, a very clean and affluent city in the LA area.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabasas,_California

I think Southern Cal would be an excellent place for a president to retire after office.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:29 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
President Obama will be in great demand all across the world. Just like Bill Clinton, the world knows how good of a job at being President with were.

Now contrast these two to George W. Bush and Donald Trump, two men the world despises. And one hasn't even assumed office yet.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
LOL.

Beat me to it.

Only I was going to ask, not tell .

A friend of mine splits his time between a house in a hilly part of the SF Bay Area and his house in Rancho Mirage. Besides golf, my friend likes being able to have a relatively flat lot and be surrounded by mountains. He always wanted an Olympic sized swimming pool, and was able to do that pretty easily at his place in Rancho Mirage. It the Bay Area...no way for lots of reasons. His mother-in-law came out to visit them during the winter, leaving her snowy, rust belt hometown. She said..."I'm never leaving". She was dead serious. She's been living in their guest house for 20 years .
I love the California desert. I might retire in Palm Springs myself if it's still somewhat affordable. I would rather go to Santa Barbara, but I can't touch it.

In any case, I'm probably gonna just end up right here in Arizona.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Or, I'd guess, Catalina Island.
Lol...I love that place too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
California is controlled by Communists? Do you even know what a communist is? No wonder this country is going down the tubes. Filled with stupid people. Ugh.

You're taking a big leap and assuming that poster knows that 100 miles west would be in the ocean. See above quoted poster. Many Americans are just dumb. I'm done sugar coating.
Actually, 100 miles west isn't the ocean.

You wouldn't even be in Santa Monica, which I'd 133 miles west.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
God's country where he has no connection?
North Carolina isn't God's country by a long shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Have YOU ever been there? What you are saying is true "as the crow flies", but it is only true re driving if you drive through the mountains and are headed to Oceanside (not very much of the total traffic to and from the coast to Rancho Mirage) and just barely (93 miles). I used to live in Newport Beach, and I know it's at least 110 miles to Rancho Mirage (google maps - 114 miles to Bob Hope Drive and the 111). If you leave the Agua Caliente (adjacent to I-10) in Rancho Mirage and take I-10 into Santa Monica, and jog over to the Santa Monica Pier, it's 131 miles.
Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Obama should check out Calabasas, a very clean and affluent city in the LA area.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabasas,_California

I think Southern Cal would be an excellent place for a president to retire after office.
Calabasas is too traficky. And it would place a pretty tough financial burden on his security detail who would need to live a reasonable distance away from there on a federal salary.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:34 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
President Obama will be in great demand all across the world. Just like Bill Clinton, the world knows how good of a job at being President with were.

Now contrast these two to George W. Bush and Donald Trump, two men the world despises. And one hasn't even assumed office yet.
This one cracks me up
Obama has continued and even enhanced the same destructive policies implemented by the despicable Bush, yet he has done a "good" job as president and will continue to be in "great demand".
Yes, agree, dicatators and tyrants will defintely be interested in Obama's secret to maintaining the support and adoration of so many while simultaneously abusing them.
Maybe the secret is his cool demeanor, even tone and charming smile as other obama worshipers have previously pointed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies