Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:01 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
How about the polling numbers, the women who's own families say they are lying? Either of those ring a bell?
We're going to call the numbers from various polling organizations "false stories" and/or "lies" now?

A typical poll requires about 1,200 people to be deemed within the generally accepted confidence level. 1,200 people used to poll the outcome of nearly 150 million American registered voters. Any fool who considers that "confidence level" any sort of absolute guaranteed outcome is..., well..., a fool. Even a bigger fool to then call it a "lie" after the fact...

Hey, but there are some financial experts that have even better "guarantees" as to which stocks to pick before it's too late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
Who cares...I'm not President and neither are you. You voted, I abstained....So, like, whatever.
Abstain or not, if you don't care, then what in the name of making sense are you doing in a political forum?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:05 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The average citizen can hardly understand politics let alone deal with it rationally.
That may be your opinion, which is understandable, but it is a fact?

There is no test for being a birthright citizen, and thanks to the slow expansion of enfranchisement, every citizen can now vote (with a few exceptions).

I sometimes wonder how many people whose birthplace entitled them to effortless US citizenship would fare on the test required of all immigrants who apply.

https://my.uscis.gov/en/prep/test/civics/view

Old 11-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Deliver NOTHING? What do you expect him to deliver when he isn't even in office yet? The American people elected Obama twice so clearly yes they will give a 2nd term to a liar.

If Trump actually does deliver NOTHING then fine he'll be out after 1 term, he probably won't want a second term anyway. And in the end if he does nothing he still kept Hillary out of the White House and that's enough.
Amazing...

Given all the incredible grief expressed by Trump supporters about what Obama delivered for Americans and/or all that Obama supporters are thankful to Obama for doing, who are these people who suggest Obama delivered "nothing?"

Sometimes reading comments in these threads reminds me of watching the Twilight Zone...

Old 11-26-2016, 10:11 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
Get a grip. If we are all listening to the same information, I cannot think of any incoming President who has even started talking to people about changes before the inauguration, until now.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
That may be your opinion, which is understandable, but it is a fact?

There is no test for being a birthright citizen, and thanks to the slow expansion of enfranchisement, every citizen can now vote (with a few exceptions).

I sometimes wonder how many people whose birthplace entitled them to effortless US citizenship would fare on the test required of all immigrants who apply.

Quiz: Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? - CNN.com
Good question, but my opinion is based on plenty of fact when you consider the many measures taken of what the average American citizen knows about politics, government and/or history, or given what time Americans spend following the news rather than looking at Facebook postings and watching reality TV. In more ways than one, it is obvious that most people don't follow politics anywhere near the amount that is necessary to really know who is doing what when it comes to all the legislation passed during any given year, who voted for what and why, most certainly including me. Again, why we have an electoral college (even though even the EC has apparently failed us this time around, again).

And this is a focus on only those registered to vote! How many Americans don't even bother with that?!? Tells you another little something, right? I mean liberal or conservative, let's be honest about this too, right?

Your comments about birthrights and citizenship are a bit different subject, but even in that respect, we have millions of people voting according to their religion, their ethnicity, their political ideology such as it is, truly regardless the facts or truths of these matters, and you call this my "opinion?"

As you wish of course. We all know that perception trumps reality for all of us as well (pun intended)...

Old 11-26-2016, 10:15 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Amazing...

Given all the incredible grief expressed by Trump supporters about what Obama delivered for Americans and/or all that Obama supporters are thankful to Obama for doing, who are these people who suggest Obama delivered "nothing?"

Sometimes reading comments in these threads reminds me of watching the Twilight Zone...
I'm sure reading these is like fiction to someone with such poor reading comprehension. I didn't say or even suggest Obama did nothing, I said he was a liar. But since you probably don't recognize him as such you probably just overlooked it and replaced it with your bias, just like liberals have been doing for years.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Where did all those women that accused him of sexual misconduct go? If that were true, do you really think they would just fade away? It is a fact that CNN pushed false agenda about Trump, and their viewership reflects that now. Additionally, the media promoted stories and polls that had Clinton winning the election weeks before November 8, and their hypocrisy was front and center by 10 p.m. on election night.
So you have no actual "false stories" the media concocted, just questions about stories and a blanket condemnation of poll reportage?

Did you think that allegations about a presidential candidate should not have been reported on?

Did you think that polls and their projections of candidates' chances should not have been reported on?

Maybe in the next four years you can petition the president for an Executive Order to that effect or something.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:23 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Exclamation On Track!

The OP has sour grapes. Trump is not in office yet and the op accuses of Trump of Flipping his position. I think, because of Political Realties he may adjust, but so far he is on track. The proof will be in the first 100 days!

Old 11-26-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Good question, but my opinion is based on plenty of fact when you consider the many measures taken of what the average American citizen knows about politics, government and/or history, or given what time Americans spend following the news rather than looking at Facebook postings and watching reality TV.
Unless you're prepared to cite those measures and defend the methodology each employed to arrive at their conclusions, it's still not factual. Facts have to be proven. Your opinion can be based on anything.

Quote:
Your comments about birthrights and citizenship are a bit different subject, but even in that respect, we have millions of people voting according to their religion, their ethnicity, their political ideology such as it is, truly regardless the facts or truths of these matters, and you call this my "opinion?"
I don't recall saying that it's your opinion that "we have millions of people voting according to their religion, their ethnicity, their political ideology such as it is, truly regardless the facts or truths of these matters".

Perhaps that's because I didn't.

But if you want to establish that as a fact, you will need to provide the evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies