Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 02:54 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,334,499 times

Advertisements

Some fights as a kid, none as an adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 02:57 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Well, I didn't lose every time. There were many draws along the way. I have a hard head and sometimes guys would just get tired of wailing on me.

While I was small in stature, part of the problem rested in my inability to back down. I remember starting school in the 2nd grade with my arm in a sling, having been thrown off the roof of a car and fracturing my clavicle. Things improved later, as I actually won a fight when I was 13.

I was only 4'8" when I started HS, still an easy target. I hitchhiked home from school, and often had to fight the public school kids for the best corner.

When I joined the Marines we fought all of the time. When the Army or Navy wasn't around, we fought each other. Ah, those were the days.

Had my last fight at age 26 and I have been a saint for the last 48 years.
I can relate to some of this. I never broke 5' tall until I 14. I've always been smaller than everyone else, including the girls. In many cases, it was not a one on one fight. I won a fight or two.

I've never broken bones in a fight, but I did have bruises. One of the reasons I wanted to avoid fighting was because I knew there was a risk of getting hurt severely. I went to public school, so there was always the possibility of a fight. I remember a fight where two kids jumped me in a classroom, just as the teacher left. Being outsized and outnumbered, there was no way of winning for me. A few years later, I was at a point where I didn't care. A few kids jumped me in the hallway, and this time I threw punches back. How I got out alive, well, the teacher broke up the fight.

At this point, I'm still small at 5'5". I don't need to be getting into fights. Too much to lose.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:59 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Some fights as a kid, none as an adult.
Had a fight as an adult, on the job strangely enough.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:16 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
An adult male who gets into fist fights have issues. It better be a very good reason.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 12-03-2016 at 10:28 PM..

Old 12-03-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I'm a woman. I was attacked when I was 18. I fought back and he ended up much worse off than I was.
I haven't had to "brawl" since then.
You go girl!

Old 12-03-2016, 10:22 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
I was in three fights... once me against 7 guys.... won every single one of them... I turn into a methodical animal when in a fight...

Old 12-03-2016, 10:26 PM

I was attacked too when I was 19 ( Im a girl ). This older ( 30's ) drunk or high , ass hole ran up to me, grabbed my arms and almost lifted me up from the ground. He yells " you...you " like a maniac. So clearly messed up.
I was lucky though. Within 15 seconds, 4 or more...don't remember.. random guys came to my aid, pulled him off of me, and started to beat him up. I don't know what happened after that. But it was scary.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 12-03-2016 at 11:23 PM..

Old 12-03-2016, 10:49 PM

163 posts, read 130,242 times
I've been in a few dozen fistfights or brawls and been jumped on 3 separate occasions. I have permanent scarring on my left knuckle from fighting. I used to have severe pains in my right hand from fighting. I've also been stabbed before. I've broke orbital bones, noses, ribs, and knocked teeth out and had my jaw broke before too. I have lived and grew up in some very ruff neighborhoods and went to crappy schools too, I was also a street criminal as a teenager, so most of my fights were unavoidable or just straight up beatdowns that I saw as business at the time. I have not gotten into a fistfight in 3 years now and plan to do everything in my power to never be involved in another one ever again. I will back down from any confrontation or disrespect from anyone until you hit me or someone I care about.

My last fight was actually believe it or not in the county jail. I was one of maybe 3 white guys in a pod of about 60 dudes. This one guy just wouldn't stop talking crap to me and disrespecting me. He stole my food in front of everyone and called me a b**** and than others jumped in an started bullying me too, So I caught him in the shower while he was naked and beat him with a locker lock inside my pillowcase. I'm not afraid of fighting, just being honest not bragging. I am big, strong, fast man who knows how to fight, well. I'm a cheater and a greasball. I'm into low blows, eye gouging and hitting people with bottles, and I'm also 6 feet 200 pounds of muscle. I hit fast and hard. I can give most men the beating of a lifetime, but I always try to back down and avoid confrontation because I hate jail 100 times more than looking like a wimp. Nothing hurts your ego and makes you feel like less of a man than being face down with handcuffs on you IMO.

Plus you never know who the other guy is. I've been beat down before by wimpy girly looking men and I have beat men that look like Brock lesner till they are bloody and crying. The guy that broke my jaw was 5 feet 6 and skinny but man his hands were magical. I fought a 6 foot 6, 25 year old gangmember when I was 17 and broke his nose and ribs.

Last edited by Beardo; 12-03-2016 at 11:40 PM..

Old 12-03-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
I've been in a few dozen fistfights or brawls and been jumped on 3 separate occasions. I have permanent scarring on my left knuckle from fighting. I used to have severe pains in my right hand from fighting. I've also been stabbed before. I've broke orbital bones, noses, ribs, and knocked teeth out and had my jaw broke before too. I have lived and grew up in some very ruff neighborhoods and went to crappy schools too, I was also a street criminal as a teenager, so most of my fights were unavoidable or just straight up beatdowns that I saw as business at the time. I have not gotten into a fistfight in 3 years now and plan to do everything in my power to never be involved in another one ever again. I will back down from any confrontation or disrespect from anyone until you hit me or someone I care about.

My last fight was actually believe it or not in the county jail. I was one of maybe 3 white guys in a pod of about 60 dudes. This one guy just wouldn't stop talking crap to me and disrespecting me. He stole my food in front of everyone and called me a b**** and than others jumped in an started bullying me too, So I caught him in the shower while he was naked and beat him with a locker lock inside my pillowcase. I'm not afraid of fighting, just being honest not bragging. I am big, strong, fast man who knows how to fight, well. I'm a cheater and a greasball. I'm into low blows, eye gouging and hitting people with bottles, and I'm also 6 feet 200 pounds of muscle. I hit fast and hard. I can give most men the beating of a lifetime, but I always try to back down and avoid confrontation because I hate jail 100 times more than looking like a wimp. Nothing hurts your ego and makes you feel like less of a man than being face down with handcuffs on you IMO.

Plus you never know who the other guy is. I've been beat down before by wimpy girly looking men and I have beat men that look like Brock lesner till they are bloody and crying. The guy that broke my jaw was 5 feet 6 and skinny but man his hands were magical. I fought a 6 foot 6, 25 year old gangmember when I was 17 and broke his nose and ribs in a fight once.
So size doesn't matter after all

Old 12-03-2016, 11:39 PM

163 posts, read 130,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
So size doesn't matter after all
It's usually an advantage. But it really doesn't matter. I've known a lot of men and teens who are extremely deadly with there hands and most of them were short to average height guys. Nothing's worse than having to fight a short 40 year old redneck from the streets whose spent time in a tough prison. Those guys when they can fight. They hit like cinderblocks and don't seem to feel pain whatsoever, or that short fast black teen from the streets that boxes every day at the gym and in the streets. That aggravating kid always slips everything you try to throw at him an half the time he hits you, you can't even tell where the punches are coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies