Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 08:49 AM

45,378 posts, read 60,561,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Not my rule, it is easy to check and learn that most prior president elect's opted to
learn as much as possible before taking office, this will not be so with
this one .
You just keep on back pedaling for Trump.
I did check it when it first broke and what you stated was contradicted at the time by the spokesman. I believe someone else, maybe it was you, said the same thing.

I linked the article at the time, which I'm not going to do this time.

So, what do you think of the new scandal concerning improper wearing of a tie?

As a note, I didn't vote for Trump, I just think you guys have passed into the realm of silliness.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:02 AM

587 posts, read 304,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
China would like to invade Taiwan and take their province back. Would you go fight in a war against China?
I said manufacturing,

The only country I would fight for is the usa.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:03 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
China has FORMALLY filed a complaint regarding that Trump-Taiwan call.

Trump has NO diplomacy. And his advisors are powerless to persuade him from making uninformed decisions.

Trump supporters deserve what is going to happen to them because of this idiot

Old 12-03-2016, 09:14 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
LIKELY TO INFURIATE CHINA!!!!!!!

and benghazi was caused by a video!!!!

more news from fantasyland which was officialy closed down this past November.

Just goes to show the hand wringing media and obama supporters are unable to recognize alternative approaches and would still hold fast to failed behavior of the past because it makes them feel secure and that is the way it was always done. nodeviation, no diversity of ideas, their concept of diversity is based on phenotypical traits.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:17 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,358,240 times
You are mostly a bunch of buffoons who watch too much fictitious tv on CNN. The head of Taiwan called Trump to say congratulations. Somehow, it gets twisted into Trump calling them. You will all believe anything. bwahahahahahaaaa

Meanwhile, Trump has done more as he waits to be president than Obama did in 8 years. I can't wait for the next 8.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:32 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
According to the Associated Press & Rueters - President Tsai Ing-wen of Taiwan called President Elect Trump to congratulate him (Trump also says this and the US Corporate Media is deliberately saying that Trump called her). It's looks like the big gaff here is that Donald Trump didn't get permission from TeamObama to accept a phone call. The US has a Relationship with Taiwan, we buy & sell with them, we protect them - Taiwan is the 21st Largest Economy in the World.

TRUMP SPEAKS DIRECTLY WITH TAIWAN'S LEADER, IRKING CHINA |Associated Press - 12/3/16

Horrors! We mustn't "IRK" Communist China!

The silly part is that most of the World (including the USA) has to pretend that Taiwan belongs to Mainland China ...... when they don't. It's a great game of "Let's Pretend" all started by Jimmy Carter in 1979.

According to Reuters - Obama administration authorizes $1.83-billion arms sale to Taiwan |December 17, 2015

China said they would impose Sanctions (they didn't do that)

The Obama administration formally notified Congress on Wednesday of a $1.83-billion arms sale package for Taiwan, including two frigates, anti-tank missiles, amphibious assault vehicles and other equipment, drawing an angry response from China.

The authorization, which Reuters on Monday reported was imminent, came a year after Congress passed legislation approving the sale. It is the first such major arms sale to Taiwan in more than four years.

The White House said there was no change in the longstanding U.S. "one China" policy. Past U.S. weapons sales to Taiwan have attracted strong condemnation in China, which considers Taiwan a renegade province.

The White House said the authorization followed previous sales notifications by the administration totaling more than $12 billion under the Taiwan Relations Act.

Even Communist China is backing away from blaming Trump for this phone call.

Speaking earlier, hours after Friday's telephone call, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi pointedly blamed Taiwan for the exchange, rather than Trump, a billionaire businessman with little foreign policy experience.

"This is just the Taiwan side engaging in a petty action, and cannot change the 'one China' structure already formed by the international community,"
Wang said at an academic forum in Beijing, China's Foreign Ministry quoted him as saying.

"I believe that it won't change the longstanding 'one China' policy of the United States government."

In comments at the same forum, Wang noted how quickly President Xi Jinping and Trump had spoken by telephone after Trump's victory, and that Trump had praised China as a great country.

Wang said that exchange had sent "a very positive signal about the future development of Sino-U.S. relations", according to the ministry's website. Taiwan was not mentioned in that call, according to an official Chinese transcript.

China's Taiwan Affairs Office also called the conversation a "petty" move by Taiwan that does not change the island's status as part of China. Beijing is resolute in opposing independence for Taiwan, it added.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:14 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I did check it when it first broke and what you stated was contradicted at the time by the spokesman. I believe someone else, maybe it was you, said the same thing.

I linked the article at the time, which I'm not going to do this time.

So, what do you think of the new scandal concerning improper wearing of a tie?

As a note, I didn't vote for Trump, I just think you guys have passed into the realm of silliness.
Well you have a right to your opinion , I believe Trump is under informed about diplomacy and am
not alone in that belief.
To act as if this phone call wasn't noticed
all over the world is to stick your head in the sand. Trump voter or not.
Defending it by calling it silly
is just as silly.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:15 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
The native Taiwanese considered themselves part of mainland China. Most think they were invaded and occupied by Chiang Kai-shek and his band of rebels.

This might open up an entertaining brouhaha. Trump may be starting another movement, Make Taiwan Great Again.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:16 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The native Taiwanese considered themselves part of mainland China. Most think they were invaded and occupied by Chiang Kai-shek and his band of rebels.
Which native Taiwanese have you spoken to?

Old 12-03-2016, 10:26 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
And this is an issue why? We have been friends with the ROC for decades. They are an autonomous country, regardless of the delusions of the leadership of the PRC. The PRC communist leadership pitches a hissy fit? Good. It's long past time we recognized a pro-western, democratic republic. We have free trade with the ROC. We have run military exercises with theirs for decades. We have played this delusional "one China" game for far too long to humor the nuts in Beijing. It's time to recognize Taiwan as an independent, free nation.

The fake news from the far left continues to entertain. Anyone need some Play Dough?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 12-03-2016 at 10:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies