Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 11:29 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
So as not to turn this into Hillary bashing, and to get REAL answers, the better question is why they would vote for him in the primaries.
This is the better question.

Why'd they vote for him in the primaries when they had Cruz as an option?

Old 12-15-2016, 11:31 AM

451 posts, read 236,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I hope your not sorry when he starts doing stuff!!
No. I will be happy when he starts "doing stuff." Unlike the current clown in the WH : Obuma who has done nothing the past 8 years. BTW...it's you're not your.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 11:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Just refer to the next post if you are still confused.
As a Christian, and someone who knows many Christians, the "best president" criteria is not always the priority of the evangelical voter, but rather who is more in line with Christian values. Since the 1980s, abortion has played a huge part in Christian votes, with many saying they will NEVER vote for anyone who is pro-choice.

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Or Bush or Rubio or Carson

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Same reason.

The Christians who voted for Trump weren't voting for "Christian of the Year", they were voting for someone to implement policies that they favored.

Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?

Old 12-15-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Im not fond of the guy, but he is far less evil than Hillary, so he got my vote.

Yes, he's greedy, but so is Hillary. But the guy isn't a murderer, hasn't lied various times under oath, isn't married to a rapist, hasn't received campaign money from terrorist/women-hating Middle Eastern countries, doesn't start foundations just to funnel money from them to pay for his children's weddings, and doesn't support abortion. That's why I voted for him.
Murderer: You sure? You cannot prove she's one, either.

Lied Under Oath: Yes. He has. Do you know how many times he's been sued? He lies so regularly, I think that that's enough to question his ethics right there.

Married to a Rapist: No, but he's a rapist, or so it's told. Just as much evidence as Bill C being one, so that's a wash.

Campaign money: Nah... he just used his foundation money to fund his legal expenses and he used his campaign money to rent out his penthouses, which he plans to keep renting out on the taxpayer dime to the Secret Service.

Support Abortion: Yes... he does. He just said he didn't to pull in the fundies. He's really not a Republican at all.

So, why'd you vote for him besides just not liking Hillary?

Because, saying you don't like Hillary is reason enough not to vote for her, when you think about it.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:34 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I don't care that she supports abortion and has hinted she supports late term abortion. I don't care, I don't vote for or against THOSE things, I vote for and against actual issues that affect me and my country and that I care about at a given election cycle.[/quote]

-but -many vote exactly for those reasons- I believe people have their freedom- I do not say sin is OK -it's NOT- but we all pay in due time - now time will tell if the devil was hilly or really Mr. T dressed up as an angel of light

Old 12-15-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Why didn't you ask "Why did Christians vote for Hillary". Considering she's all for allowing abortion up until the birth of the baby even days before for any reason, that should be the real question. If that isn't evil and disgusting, I don't know what is.
How in the world do people function in everyday life believing such nonsense?

Nobody supports aborting babies once they can live outside their mothers. Nobody.

Those are called "giving birth."

Do doctors remove babies because they are going to die once they are born and may be endangering the lives of their mothers?

Yes. Is that murder? Nope.

Why in the world do people believe otherwise?

Old 12-15-2016, 11:37 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Donald trump for Christians was about the only choice they had, at least in the main election. He's about as religious as taco bell is to Mexican food.

During the debates Trump hammered Clinton on her abortion stance and for the Christian crowd that is against abortion his views are more palatable than were Clinton's.

IDK. Not sure what other issues other than jobs and terrorism would appeal to Christians. Trump's message was again, better than Clinton's, especially on the terror front.

I hate saying positive things about that con man, but it is what it is.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Same reason.

The Christians who voted for Trump weren't voting for "Christian of the Year", they were voting for someone to implement policies that they favored.

Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?
Because Trump is EVERYTHING that Christians complain about all the time in their fellow man.

And, who with any intellect really thought he'd bring back all those jobs? He cannot do that. Nobody can. Manufacturing is a dying industry.

He doesn't care about abortion or gay marriage. At all.

Now, Cruz definitely does.

It's just weird, that's all. But, I realize that the general voting public isn't comprised of terribly deep thinkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies