Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 03:54 PM

1,087 posts, read 783,194 times

Advertisements

Trump is a climate change denier because he has close ties with big oil companies. Oil companies always say burning oil has no impact on climate, so does Trump.

For regular Trump supporters, it is not a political view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 04:12 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6t7m5RlnQ

There's enough science out there that the libs don't want to face that shows climate change is a natural occurrence. But that doesn't fit in to their need for a villain.

First it was global cooling, then it was global warming, then it was climate change, then it was man made climate change. They keep moving the goal posts to try to get people to agree with them that it's some serious issue. Humans are not going to be able to stop the climate from changing. It always changes. In a few years or so, we'll go back to a cooling trend...then maybe the libs can go back to barking about "global cooling".

Old 12-17-2016, 04:15 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
Even if man-made "climate change" were true, how does raising taxes (read: more corruption, more government waste, etc) lower the temperature of the planet??

Would a liberal explain to me how giving more money to (already) billionaire men/billionaire companies will "lower the earth's temperature"?

Also, please explain to us why the so-called "green climate activists" do not practice what they preach and drive around in $50-$80k huge gas guzzling SUVs, huge gas guzzling limousines, gas guzzling private jets, have huge gas guzzling luxury boats, etc?

Please explain how less money in working folks pockets (due to more taxes/more regulations) will cause the temperature of the earth to go down?

Also please explain why "only" Western countries are required to increase taxes and regulations, while China and the third-world can pollute pollute pollute as much as they want and there's not a PEEP from you enviro-lefties/greenies

Thanks for clarifying
Lots of misconceptions here.

1) I'm not for raising taxes for the sake of it. I just don't want to completely eliminate all regulations against pollution. Truthfully, I'm not primarily concerned with global warming, more so about pollution and contamination.

2) LOL. Sounds like you're referring to Hollywood. That's not reality for most of us. I don't drive, I walk/bike everywhere. I live in a tiny microstudio that I refuse to use heat or AC in, and am militant about minimalism and minimizing waste/energy use in my place.

3) I absolutely detest when other countries ignore the well-being of their citizens, and China is particularly odious in that respect. I avoid Chinese companies/products whenever possible.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:24 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Remember, "greenhouse gases" in an atmosphere, trap heat in - like a refrigerator keeps out the heat.

Earth max : (134.33 F)
Space station max : (250 F)
Lunar surface max : ( 242.33 F)

- duh -

Old 12-18-2016, 08:02 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Remember, "greenhouse gases" in an atmosphere, trap heat in - like a refrigerator keeps out the heat.

Earth max : (134.33 F)
Space station max : (250 F)
Lunar surface max : ( 242.33 F)

- duh -
Duh.... We would not even exist if earth had no greenhouse gases....Earth would be nothing more than a gigantic ice ball.

Lowest temperature recorded on earth....Vostok, Antarctica... −128.6 °F
Lowest temperature, lunar surface.... −338 °F
Lowest temperature, space station.... −454 °F

Old 12-18-2016, 08:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
Even if man-made "climate change" were true, how does raising taxes (read: more corruption, more government waste, etc) lower the temperature of the planet??
It doesn't. We should try and clean up. I completely support the investments into new technology. I do NOT support the idea that the poor should be paying more and more just to stay warm. The facts are we are not there yet. Even where we are making strides the poor can not afford the technology. They can not afford an electric car. They can not afford to convert their homes over to solar.

Energy companies aren't affected by taxes. They simply pass those taxes on to the consumer and that hits the poor the hardest.

And don't even get me started on cap and trade. All that is, is another way to transfer limited wealth from the bottom to keep the markets inflated.

You want to invest in new technology? I'm all for it as long as there are strings attached. Show where you are actually accomplishing something or get cut off. No more Solyndra's. You want to enact tax credits for solar? For wind? I'm good with that. Let's fund it by taking from the war machinery that is doing the major damage to the environment.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
Trump is a climate change denier because he has close ties with big oil companies. Oil companies always say burning oil has no impact on climate, so does Trump.

The conflict in North Dakota/Iowa is over the actions the Obama administration have enacted. Will Trump likely be as bad? Yes, I believe he will be as bad.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

There's enough science out there that the libs don't want to face that shows climate change is a natural occurrence. But that doesn't fit in to their need for a villain.

First it was global cooling, then it was global warming, then it was climate change, then it was man made climate change. They keep moving the goal posts to try to get people to agree with them that it's some serious issue. Humans are not going to be able to stop the climate from changing. It always changes. In a few years or so, we'll go back to a cooling trend...then maybe the libs can go back to barking about "global cooling".
Actually the science confirms that the present warming is NOT natural.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It doesn't. We should try and clean up. I completely support the investments into new technology. I do NOT support the idea that the poor should be paying more and more just to stay warm. The facts are we are not there yet. Even where we are making strides the poor can not afford the technology. They can not afford an electric car. They can not afford to convert their homes over to solar.

Energy companies aren't affected by taxes. They simply pass those taxes on to the consumer and that hits the poor the hardest.

And don't even get me started on cap and trade. All that is, is another way to transfer limited wealth from the bottom to keep the markets inflated.

You want to invest in new technology? I'm all for it as long as there are strings attached. Show where you are actually accomplishing something or get cut off. No more Solyndra's. You want to enact tax credits for solar? For wind? I'm good with that. Let's fund it by taking from the war machinery that is doing the major damage to the environment.
How do you feel about the $548 billion in fossil fuel subsidies?

Old 12-18-2016, 08:28 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,956,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post

Oil companies make money where there's a market:

Exxon, Shell, Total, Statoil renew clean energy drive | Climate Home - climate change news

If people would drive cars powered by orange juice, Exxon would be first in line to grow oranges
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies