Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 04:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Oh jeez are you deliberately pretending that online journals don't exist? Or google scholar?
Then post it.

Quote:
All of the citations I posted, I accessed from online sources. They are all free to by the way. No need to go to the library.

Do you also really think a scientific article is the same thing as the bible?
Some times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
In Florida homes on the shore are going down in price.
This is what it says.......

demand remains strong and developers continue to build near the water in many coastal cities......

Again, these claims have been made for decades now.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Nobody has shown that we have any impact whatsoever on the climate.

The climate is ALWAYS changing and human activity has nothing to do with it.
We should be as clean as we possibly can, impact on the climate or not.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
True!

Taxes only limit the amount of greenhouse gases we PUT into atmosphere.
No, it only makes it more expensive when the alternatives are either not there or are more expensive. We are not there yet. We are making strides but we have to quit piling on the poor....

Old 12-18-2016, 04:50 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, it only makes it more expensive when the alternatives are either not there or are more expensive. We are not there yet. We are making strides but we have to quit piling on the poor....
I would post sources that have shown when carbon tax systems are implemented, GHG output also goes down, but lets be honest, clearly you wouldn't even pretend to read them.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Then post it.
Citations are how you look up articles. I posted four of them.

You can lead a horse to water and all that......

Quote:
Some times.
Well if you think science has no more validity than religious books than don't pretend your climate change denial is about the scientific merits of climate change science itself. Your denial is based on nothing more than belief, and that is fine, but pretending otherwise is hypocrisy.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I would post sources that have shown when carbon tax systems are implemented, GHG output also goes down, but lets be honest, clearly you wouldn't even pretend to read them.
I won't go searching for them, despite, that is NOT what I said. The poor should be able to stay warm also.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Citations are how you look up articles. I posted four of them.

You can lead a horse to water and all that......
Post them. I won't go looking for things that may not even be there. You obviously have found them, it's as easy to post a link. I've been there before.

Quote:
Well if you think science has no more validity than religious books than don't pretend your climate change denial is about the scientific merits of climate change science itself. Your denial is based on nothing more than belief, and that is fine, but pretending otherwise is hypocrisy.
I didn't say that. When people are unable to be honest...........

I can remember reading about the Archaeoraptor in scientific publications.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I won't go searching for them, despite, that is NOT what I said. The poor should be able to stay warm also.
Oh my goodness, you seem to understand carbon tax systems about as well as you understand how citations work.

Ok, so carbon tax systems primarily tax corporations, and government entities, since they produce more than an individual. Additionally, like income tax, carbon tax is on a sliding scale and the lowest income households pay little if any carbon tax, because they already have very little carbon footprint.

Maybe you should look into this before you continue to post.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness, you seem to understand carbon tax systems about as well as you understand how citations work.

Ok, so carbon tax systems primarily tax corporations, and government entities, since they produce more than an individual. Additionally, like income tax, carbon tax is on a sliding scale and the lowest income households pay little if any carbon tax, because they already have very little carbon footprint.

Maybe you should look into this before you continue to post.
Any tax that the government pays is paid by the people and any tax that a corporations pays is passed on to the consumers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies