Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 08:50 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
They didn't vote for him because he was conservative. Truth be told, he has a lot of views that are counter to conservatism . There's nothing conservative in Trumpism.

He got his support for legitimizing hate speech and glorifying a distant pass where minorities were disenfranchised.
And.......still not getting it. Here's a hint: they voted for him because they were sick of being labeled racist for supporting immigration laws in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 09:28 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
You're making assumptions based on poor articulation. You assume these people only care about one or two issues, when in fact they care about many. It's the sheer frustration of living in this country over the last 8 years that has made them this way.

What they really need to say is the simple truth that I KNOW caused most of them to vote for Trump over Hillary.

She vowed to continue Obama's policies, and every single one of those has either failed them, insulted them, opposed them, or economically enslaved them. It's not simply about party. Jim Webb would have gained more Republican support than you ever could imagine. It's the far-left agenda that caused many of them to vote for Trump. It's the far-left agenda that will keep Democrats out of power for the foreseeable future.

I personally have wanted Trump in office for more than a decade. Back then I was in the minority. I was laughed at and ridiculed when I told other conservatives he would be a better candidate than McCain, and then again with Romney. But hey, I was also laughed at when I told people to vote for Kerry. Because I knew what a disaster Bush was, and my logic was that Kerry was too incompetent to do any real damage. We would have made him a patsy for 2008, and then another Republican would have taken office.

I'm not usually wrong in these matters. Now they know. Have they learned? Probably not. The roller coaster continues.
I am not making assumptions. I am reading the comments and although there are some that demonstrate a bit more reason and broader consideration along the lines that you seem to be assuming, far too many point at one or two primary reasons that are obviously a priority for those making those sorts of comments. Unfortunately, far too many with priorities and agenda that I believe represent far too many Americans who think that way and that ultimately add up to enough votes that got Trump elected.

There are those who also comment that Democrats or Liberals or "elitists" need to take note, and this is also true of course, but again narrow minded. All politicians need to take note, including those in the GOP. Everyone who is a little more directly involved in politics are taking note, because this is a new discovery of sorts, about what and how far too many Americans think, never before really seen, because there wasn't someone like Trump able to bring these people out to vote like Trump did.

About this in bold above...

Again some awfully bold statement as if true even if not true at all! Of course we need not argue why, because also of course your mind is set, and I know how all that works for you and most Trump supporters, for most people in general.

I don't know why people may have laughed at you back when you first began to think Trump would make a good POTUS, but what is laughable is what I am observing as far too many of the reasons people voted for Trump. More and more, however, it gets harder and harder to know whether to laugh or cry, because now we see what Trump is doing contrary to what just about everyone thought he would do.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Trump is a Christian? How? Does he act like one?

Trump is just as or more corrupt in the business world. Trump University? Countless bankruptcies and questionable business ethics? Imminent Domain?

Please miss me with your selective outrage. At least those who preferred Hillary would admit to her past transgressions.
Here too, the focus on one's religion. Is this what we're supposed to consider when it comes to being an American?

For many Trump supporters, it appears from many of their comments, the answer is yes. Sadly.

To be American is not only to be Christian, but also white, certainly not Muslim...

Unfortunately this is not only not true but sad, and the same confusion exists even for some who don't support Trump it would seem, just a lesser percentage of them.

A key issue is as stated at the end of the above comment. What are we at least able to admit when it comes to the truth of these matters and/or what the words and actions of these politicians truly represent beyond all the rhetoric, hopes and dreams we seem to conjure up for ourselves regardless?

Old 12-21-2016, 09:38 AM

638 posts, read 310,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I am not making assumptions. I am reading the comments and although there are some that demonstrate a bit more reason and broader consideration along the lines that you seem to be assuming, far too many point at one or two primary reasons that are obviously a priority for those making those sorts of comments. Unfortunately, far too many with priorities and agenda that I believe represent far too many Americans who think that way and that ultimately add up to enough votes that got Trump elected.

There are those who also comment that Democrats or Liberals or "elitists" need to take note, and this is also true of course, but again narrow minded. All politicians need to take note, including those in the GOP. Everyone who is a little more directly involved in politics are taking note, because this is a new discovery of sorts, about what and how far too many Americans think, never before really seen, because there wasn't someone like Trump able to bring these people out to vote like Trump did.

About this in bold above...

Again some awfully bold statement as if true even if not true at all! Of course we need not argue why, because also of course your mind is set, and I know how all that works for you and most Trump supporters, for most people in general.

I don't know why people may have laughed at you back when you first began to think Trump would make a good POTUS, but what is laughable is what I am observing as far too many of the reasons people voted for Trump. More and more, however, it gets harder and harder to know whether to laugh or cry, because now we see what Trump is doing contrary to what just about everyone thought he would do.
No no no, my pompous little friend. I never said "trump would make a good president". I said I wanted Trump in office. There's a HUGE difference. I wouldn't presume to know if he'll make a "good" president. I'm simply not that arrogant. I can only compare him to the rest of the field and rule out all those beneath him. As it turned out, ALL of them were beneath him this year. You might disagree, but as I've seen from your posts you're one of those that believes education is an actual accomplishment. So we likely disagree on the definition, which is the core of why we have elections. Some people understand the concept of accomplishment better than others. Which is why liberals lost this year.

....and yes, I am a "Trump supporter". You regard us as less than you. We get it. There's no need throw it around like you think it insults us. We regard liberals as vermin unworthy of the space they occupy. It's not like we constantly have to say it as anyone sane who is paying attention already gets it.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:43 AM

243 posts, read 220,873 times
This was the first time I ever voted . TRUMPH is the first person I actually liked in the run . Plus I like the conservative side I political thinking , not that he is a conservative per se . Like it or not , suck it up!!!!

Old 12-21-2016, 09:45 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And.......still not getting it. Here's a hint: they voted for him because they were sick of being labeled racist for supporting immigration laws in this country.
That's why you voted for Trump. Many people of all walks of life voted for Trump for a multitude of different reasons, just as there were many different reasons why plenty of people that were more likely to vote for Clinton instead voted for third-party candidates or stayed home.

Between the anti-PC backlash, the fence, the bombastic and disingenuous promises made to the Rust Belt, the private email server, the infiltration and sharing of the emails on the DNC server, the Comey breach of protocol, the spread of conspiracy theories to Trump supporters through Facebook, etc., it all spun into the perfect storm to elect an extremely dangerous candidate over an extremely unfavorable candidate.

The "Still not getting it" line is tiresome and not accurate at all. It's not that simple. It's why this could be an interesting thread — because there are so many different answers to it, some of which are not at all based in reality.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Left NY moved to America. Don't have to worry about being a felon, my rifles are legal here. My message to cuomo was quite simple. My guns aren't illegal, they're undocumented just like the farm hands who pick apples. A constitutional right is just that. If you are to eliminate firearms what's stopping you from eliminating other rights. Ask the 6 million hitler killed off how gun control via registration, then confiscation, was so effective at protecting the children... Liberals are a disease, they're hypocrites in every sense of the word. Cuomo bans "assault rifles" yet is protected by those armed with them...
Here too, guns a priority it seems, but in this case not just a bumper sticker comment like many Trump supporters tend to make. Here a comment (not all quoted by me) that goes on and on with similarly disturbing notions about what is right and truth, all developed as only the individual can well understand, and just as impossible to correct. In this case, far too much in need of correcting...

Though I would hate to see another thread hi-jacked by those who can hardly think about anything outside of a context involving guns, I wonder about how everyone views the need to protect politicians with security personnel armed with guns. I would like to think most people view that as a sad state of affairs brought by all too many politicians here in our country assassinated, by people with guns.

Can't get rid of guns in America, and I don't think we should, but this "logic" that a politician should not be for gun control measures when they are protected by armed guards is about as bad as it gets. That this be viewed as hypocritical is proof of just how mucked up people's thinking can be.

Last edited by LearnMe; 12-21-2016 at 10:35 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 09:46 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
When you're going down a road and see a cliff ahead you realize it's better to swerve and hit a tree.
Hahaha, loved this answer.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:47 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
Look into the factual details behind Benghazi. Then watch the movie "13 Hours", which we're told by the people that were there is accurate.

Then the word "evil" just rolls off the tongue.
So you do not trust news outlets, but Michael Bay is who you turn to for accurate information?

Old 12-21-2016, 09:47 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or, maybe you should just, you know... pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Isn't that the Republican party mantra?

I have been telling people for quite some time that this Trump vote was backlash for 8 years of a black president and they told me I was being dramatic.

Well, here's your post. And, I have ZERO doubt you are alone, sir.

Zero.
It's not that he is black, it is because he is ruining this country with his progressive agenda,which he is shoving down our throat for eight years and also here in the last days of his so called administration. You all are the complete and total fools!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies