Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 02:08 PM

712 posts, read 555,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
I'm an Independent, and I did not support Trump in the primary. In fact, I wrote an widely-circulated article against supporting Trump. That said, he's who we got, and I'm glad of it now. Here are my reasons:

1. I am tired of the PC culture so bent on serving it's own agenda that it subverts truth.

2. I am tired of the West Coast libs and the East Coast elites thinking they know what's happening on our border. My grandparents were sharecroppers in West Texas. They employed undocumented people and helped them get their papers. You want to know the truth about those borders--about the coyotes and the sex-trafficking and the drug trafficking and the gun running? How scandalous is it--really--that we secure our borders and offer a humane path to citizenship?

3. I am tired of West Coast libs and East Coast libs living behind their own "walls" and bodyguards and then telling us plebeians in "fly-over" country how many of those multiple-offense, undocumented persons live in our backyard.

4. I am tired of paying $1000 a month or more for health insurance.

5. I am tired of hiring politicians who tell pretty lies. I'd rather have the one who tells the ugly truth.

6. I am tired of those sad, hollowed out towns I visited in the Rust Belt, those places alive only because the center has held--those tiny local diners that bring everyone together.

7. I am tired of transgender bathrooms being shoved down our throat while 15% of forgotten families live with food insecurity, where kids go to school with empty bellies.

8. I am tired of snowflakes who, God forbid, would crumple like a paper doll were a real tragedy, a real offense, to befall them.

9. I am tired of the MSM shilling for the liberals.

10. I am tired of Nazi sympathizer George Soros and the havoc he's brought on our nation.

9. But most of all, I'm tired of Hillary Clinton and her corruption and her lies.

Trump says disgusting things. Hillary is a disgusting person.

And, oh yes, I urge you to reconsider your "madman" term and determine whether that springs from your own unique mind or the misinformation perpetuated by the MSM.
I could have written this but have to add,

NO WAY on earth would I vote for anyone in favor of partial birth abortion. A woman who tells Christians we must change the way we believe to become more progressive like she is. A woman who doesn't support Israel. A person who by example of the leaked emails is a very corrupt human.

I listened to his thank you speech to those in Alabama and agreed with everything he said. He is going to stop companies from taking their business overseas or they will suffer a big tax. He is going to create jobs. He is a businessman not a politician and can turn this country around. Oh and Merry Christmas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 02:55 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
They didn't vote for him because he was conservative. Truth be told, he has a lot of views that are counter to conservatism . There's nothing conservative in Trumpism.

He got his support for legitimizing hate speech and glorifying a distant pass where minorities were disenfranchised.

What if something should be logically and rationally hated after analyzing its dangers and evils? Wouldn't hate speech be the correct and rational reaction? Shouldn't we have the right to hate awful things, awful people, and evil behavior?

I think we should reconsider and backtrack on this. People are entitled and correct to hate whatever they want. And yes, talk about it.

So, for example, having extremely exact standards before admitting immigrants who hail from countries where virtually all the terrorists have come from in the past 20 years. Is it hate speech to note the truth? That one religion is producing the vast majority of terrorism, wars, insurrection, and hateful behavior to its own including honor killing, subjugation of women, throwing gays off the roof, exterminating apostates? Is it hate speech to accurately describe the people in those countries and what they are doing to each other and what they plan to do to us?

Isn't hate the correct reaction in this case, and isn't calling the description and analysis of this behavior as "hate" speech a smear? Trump is correct in his plan to extremely vet anyone coming here from the Middle East. Europe is not engaging in extreme vetting, and look at what is happening with weekly bombings, murder, and mayhem? Are we supposed to be neutral with this behavior? Or should we correctly and rationally hate it, engage in legitimate and justified and correct hate speech, and devise a legitimate and rational and correct policy to keep these people off our shores and out of our lives?

Trump says immigration from Islamic theocracies (itself an inherently evil concept) should be subject to EXTREME VETTING. I agree with Trump, and that is one reason that he was the correct candidate to vote for.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:48 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
What if something should be logically and rationally hated after analyzing its dangers and evils? Wouldn't hate speech be the correct and rational reaction? Shouldn't we have the right to hate awful things, awful people, and evil behavior?

I think we should reconsider and backtrack on this. People are entitled and correct to hate whatever they want. And yes, talk about it.

So, for example, having extremely exact standards before admitting immigrants who hail from countries where virtually all the terrorists have come from in the past 20 years. Is it hate speech to note the truth? That one religion is producing the vast majority of terrorism, wars, insurrection, and hateful behavior to its own including honor killing, subjugation of women, throwing gays off the roof, exterminating apostates? Is it hate speech to accurately describe the people in those countries and what they are doing to each other and what they plan to do to us?

Isn't hate the correct reaction in this case, and isn't calling the description and analysis of this behavior as "hate" speech a smear? Trump is correct in his plan to extremely vet anyone coming here from the Middle East. Europe is not engaging in extreme vetting, and look at what is happening with weekly bombings, murder, and mayhem? Are we supposed to be neutral with this behavior? Or should we correctly and rationally hate it, engage in legitimate and justified and correct hate speech, and devise a legitimate and rational and correct policy to keep these people off our shores and out of our lives?

Trump says immigration from Islamic theocracies (itself an inherently evil concept) should be subject to EXTREME VETTING. I agree with Trump, and that is one reason that he was the correct candidate to vote for.
Religious testing is against the constitution. Besides, refugees are already heavily vetted. It's a long process.

And no, hate speech should never be tolerated whether it's from Sharia Islamist or Neo Nazis.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:59 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Religious testing is against the constitution. Besides, refugees are already heavily vetted. It's a long process.

And no, hate speech should never be tolerated whether it's from Sharia Islamist or Neo Nazis.
So... Islamic extremist jihadists have been allowed in the US why?

Old 12-20-2016, 03:59 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:

Nothing is against anything. If a certain geographical region of the world is producing most of the terror and mayhem, then our immigration policy must reflect that. And rationally observing, analyzing, and discussing that reality is not hate speech, it is self-defense speech. And morally correct speech. And good speech. And healthy speech. After which the logical policy is extreme vetting to keep out the destruction and the chaos. Trump will make sure that happens, it is correct and rational that it happens, and it WILL happen, whether by legislation or executive order. The support for values of freedom of expression, freedom of religion, individual rights and Capitalism, must be a pre-requisite for anyone desiring to come to our country. For example, if an individual supports Sharia Law and supports the death sentence for apostacy, and supports honor killing and head chopping and throwing gays off the roof, then the extreme vetting process must not allow that individual to come to our country. That is a key and good and proper and morally excellent reason to have voted for Trump. To keep the wrong people with the wrong values in their own country, and out of ours. And FINALLY a leader who says that in plain English instead of avoiding it with mealy-mouth PC putrescence.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:07 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
That reminds me of another issue-- is it another scam like the above or is it for real?--
I personally am really confused why he is keeping up with his support of White nationalists (and thereby supremacists)-
and all the Trumpy supporters' rants- on this forum- around "criminal illegals", or "rapeugeess", that dissolve into out and out racism (literally that M1 guy yesterday was going on about America needing to "go back" to being white again--

leads me to believe that people voted for Trump because their are a fair amount who believe in the White -- Alt Right agenda-

AM I wrong?

and thats why Trump keeps appointing people who are allied with that movement?

(Like my partner read to me this am that general he appointed, Flynn, met with white Nazis at Trump Tower!

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...ty-trump-tower )...
It would appear that you have read far too many comic books and are now having a hard time separating fiction from reality.
I would consider someone who thinks like you do to be dangerous and should be on a watch list..

Old 12-20-2016, 04:09 PM

937 posts, read 927,348 times
Marc is the type of guy to argue that a spoon is a fork because you can eat steak with it.

Preaching an absurd amount of commonly acknowledged falses.

Have you ever worked on a house committee, lobbied or wrote a white paper on the topic of free speech?

Also, the amount of blind faith that is put into trump is a little.... Disgusting

Last edited by ARaider08; 12-20-2016 at 04:20 PM..

Old 12-20-2016, 04:14 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Nothing is against anything. If a certain geographical region of the world is producing most of the terror and mayhem, then our immigration policy must reflect that. And rationally observing, analyzing, and discussing that reality is not hate speech, it is self-defense speech. And morally correct speech. And good speech. And healthy speech. After which the logical policy is extreme vetting to keep out the destruction and the chaos. Trump will make sure that happens, it is correct and rational that it happens, and it WILL happen, whether by legislation or executive order. The support for values of freedom of expression, freedom of religion, individual rights and Capitalism, must be a pre-requisite for anyone desiring to come to our country. For example, if an individual supports Sharia Law and supports the death sentence for apostacy, and supports honor killing and head chopping and throwing gays off the roof, then the extreme vetting process must not allow that individual to come to our country. That is a key and good and proper and morally excellent reason to have voted for Trump. To keep the wrong people with the wrong values in their own country, and out of ours. And FINALLY a leader who says that in plain English instead of avoiding it with mealy-mouth PC putrescence.
Well said, Marc! I completely agree!

Old 12-20-2016, 04:21 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Quote:
And Trump is gonna implement this how? Lol

Old 12-20-2016, 07:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Yes the cabinet of Goldman Sachs, Amway, and Exxon are going to end globalism....good luck with that....

And the large number of rust belt voters that pulled the lever for Trump might be in for a rude awaking if only the "strong survive." I don't think tariffs and trade wars and protectionism is really only the strong survive also.

With the EU falling apart and Merkel getting a boot in her ass soon enough, we are not alone! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Take Notes, because let's not dismiss the recent recall of your neglected and abused crystal ball
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies