Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 03:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
As to why I voted for Trump:

A bit about my background --- I'm a female of Hispanic descent and college educated. According to the libs, that means I have to be a Hillary voter and love illegal immigration and open borders. It makes invasion cheerleaders' heads explode when I tell them I want all illegals gone.

I knew that if Hillary got elected, she would just continue along the ruinous path that Obama was on. Hillary wanted to increase the number of H1-B visas, leave the border unprotected and amnesty all the illegals. I knew that if we continued on this horrific path that there would be nothing left for my grandkids.

Not to mention that Hillary is a vile, evil, corrupt liar.

Before Trump came along, it was assumed that we would have another Bush-Clinton election. Trump threw a wrench into all that. When he announced that he was running, I listened to what he had to say and it really resonated with me. He exposed the whole rotten corrupt system where politicians are owned by their mega-rich donors. As a result, they perform this elaborate dance where they use weasel words when addressing their constituents but always in the end, their donors get their way. I figured how can anyone want the whole rotten corrupt system to continue. I was rather surprised that there are so many who were cheering for a Hillary win.

When I learned that Trump had won, my first thought was that now my grandkids will have a bright future ahead of them. My brother told me that when he heard that Trump won, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders.

For those of you who voted democrat---Democrats don't care about Americans anymore. Today's democrats are not your father's democrats. Those dems of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. They would have been horrified to learn that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the work force due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty. Today's dems fight tooth and nail for illegals and put said illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans

As for those who say that people didn't like Obama because he is black---I call BS on that. Oh...and pulling the race card in an attempt to silence someone doesn't work anymore.
What a great post, Bos.

You really hit the nail on the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Trump didn't win because he was a Republican. He won because he is the first candidate from either party since Ronald Reagan ran in 1980 that showed he cared for the American people as a whole.

Though his politics were different, Bernie represented the same for the Democrats, someone who actually cared for the American people. That two such candidates appeared after a 36 year void is very telling. Bernie likely would have won the election had he been the Democratic candidate.

Hillary lost because her baggage was more than many people could possibly ignore. That and her entitlement attitude was just too much for many people that might have voted for Bernie. She (and the other Republican primary contenders) represented a continuance of the status quo, of favoring the interests of Wall St and global corporations over what is good for the country. People saw in her a continuance of the identity politics that has torn the country apart under Obama. She was the worst possible candidate that the Democrats could possibly have put forth.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:11 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
A lot of Americans including myself are saddened. Why couldn't you just voted for a sane candidate like Rubio? Hell, even Ted Cruz would have been a much better option. Jesus Christ!!! I can't believe electors are gonna select a madman tomorrow because a segment of our electorate decided they wanted this buffoon to be our president. Very depressing
Rubio is for amnesty and massively expanding H1B program.

Cruz is ineligible to run.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:14 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
As to why I voted for Trump:

A bit about my background --- I'm a female of Hispanic descent and college educated. According to the libs, that means I have to be a Hillary voter and love illegal immigration and open borders. It makes invasion cheerleaders' heads explode when I tell them I want all illegals gone.

I knew that if Hillary got elected, she would just continue along the ruinous path that Obama was on. Hillary wanted to increase the number of H1-B visas, leave the border unprotected and amnesty all the illegals. I knew that if we continued on this horrific path that there would be nothing left for my grandkids.

Not to mention that Hillary is a vile, evil, corrupt liar.

Before Trump came along, it was assumed that we would have another Bush-Clinton election. Trump threw a wrench into all that. When he announced that he was running, I listened to what he had to say and it really resonated with me. He exposed the whole rotten corrupt system where politicians are owned by their mega-rich donors. As a result, they perform this elaborate dance where they use weasel words when addressing their constituents but always in the end, their donors get their way. I figured how can anyone want the whole rotten corrupt system to continue. I was rather surprised that there are so many who were cheering for a Hillary win.

When I learned that Trump had won, my first thought was that now my grandkids will have a bright future ahead of them. My brother told me that when he heard that Trump won, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders.

For those of you who voted democrat---Democrats don't care about Americans anymore. Today's democrats are not your father's democrats. Those dems of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. They would have been horrified to learn that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the work force due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty. Today's dems fight tooth and nail for illegals and put said illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans

As for those who say that people didn't like Obama because he is black---I call BS on that. Oh...and pulling the race card in an attempt to silence someone doesn't work anymore.
Bingo!!!!!

Old 12-19-2016, 05:20 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
A lot of Americans including myself are saddened. Why couldn't you just voted for a sane candidate like Rubio? Hell, even Ted Cruz would have been a much better option. Jesus Christ!!! I can't believe electors are gonna select a madman tomorrow because a segment of our electorate decided they wanted this buffoon to be our president. Very depressing
There will be a lot of disappointment 4 years from now when the Trump voters realize that there is no Deportation Force, no wall, no ban on Muslims and the country will not be any whiter than it is now.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:51 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
I'm an Independent, and I did not support Trump in the primary. That said, he's who we got, and I'm glad of it now. Here are my reasons:

1. I am tired of the PC culture so bent on serving it's own agenda that it subverts truth.

2. I am tired of the West Coast libs and the East Coast elites thinking they know what's happening on our border. My grandparents were sharecroppers in West Texas. They employed undocumented people and helped them get their papers. You want to know the truth about those borders--about the coyotes and the sex-trafficking and the drug trafficking and the gun running? How scandalous is it--really--that we secure our borders and offer a humane path to citizenship?

3. I am tired of West Coast libs and East Coast libs living behind their own "walls" and bodyguards and then telling us plebeians in "fly-over" country how many of those multiple-offense, undocumented persons live in our backyard.

4. I am tired of paying $1000 a month or more for health insurance.

5. I am tired of hiring politicians who tell pretty lies. I'd rather have the one who tells the ugly truth.

6. I am tired of those sad, hollowed out towns I visited in the Rust Belt, those places alive only because the center has held--those tiny local diners that bring everyone together.

7. I am tired of transgender bathrooms being shoved down our throat while 15% of forgotten families live with food insecurity, where kids go to school with empty bellies.

8. I am tired of snowflakes who, God forbid, would crumple like a paper doll were a real tragedy, a real offense, to befall them.

9. I am tired of the MSM shilling for the liberals.

10. I am tired of Nazi sympathizer George Soros and the havoc he's brought on our nation.

9. But most of all, I'm tired of Hillary Clinton and her corruption and her lies.

Trump says disgusting things. Hillary is a disgusting person.
^^^^^^^ THIS

I am also an independent who currently leans conservative and agree strongly with all of the above reasons to vote for Trump.
I did not vote for Trump in the primary, but did in the election even though I have concerns about him because
I agreed with his policies and wanted the direction of our country to change.
I would add these to the above list.

12. I am fed up with the catering to inner-city thugs, gangs, illegals, and terrorists the democrats do for votes at the expense of our nation's security.

13. I am hugely concerned over the totalitarian power that liberal ideology has secured over our culture, our media, our entertainment industry, and our complete education system.

14. I am tired of democrats creating intense and dangerous racial tensions to keep us divided.

15. I am tired of democrats destroying accountability for personal responsibility and destroying the work
ethic in minority communities.

16. And I am truly frightened by the democrats total disregard for law and order in this country -- unless it benefits them politically.

Last edited by mountainrose; 12-19-2016 at 06:08 AM..

Old 12-19-2016, 05:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Trump is the only man to speak about the problems we have in this country and says he will work to fix them.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
If you voted Hillary, you know you voted for a liar, too, right? And a person who profited off a career AS A POLITICIAN!
Yes. Of course I do.

All politicians lie. Hillary would've won if she lied as much as Trump. So would any of the other candidates, regardless of party. But, this thread isn't about her.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I am so happy Trump won, I feel like the United States got a reprieve for 8 years. After 8 years of Democrats Clinton would have been the end of America. I had no loyalty to the United states after Ossama Obama. Now I take great glee in all the Democrats winning about Trumps victory.
It bothered me the constant complaining when Bush was president. Now its different, howl and cry all you want I enjoy it.
I feel like I got my country back, it was gone.
Did you somehow miss the past 8 years of constant whining over Obama?

Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Trump was a bad choice but voting for Hillary was just unconscionable. If you gave the election a moment of thought or had an iota of understanding of just how truly terrible she is as a human being, let alone how poor a politician she is, you'd choose anybody over her. Well, maybe not Hitler, but he's dead so that doesn't count.
If that murderer Dylan Roof said he was a democrat, probably some Hillary voters would find him innocent if they were on the jury. And we have to accept that. Some people are blind to everything that isn't about partisan politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies