Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 08:30 AM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times

Advertisements

Top three reasons:

Obamacare repeal and replacement.

Supreme Court appointees.

I went from probable Trump voter to hardcore Trump supporter after Hillary insulted Americans, calling us deplorables, racists, xenophobes, and other insults because we didn't want to vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 08:34 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. But I like the fact that he showed a big middle finger to all of political correctness throughout his campaign.

That was a breath of fresh air. People on the east and west coasts especially needed to hear that. We're not used to it.
So now it`s okay to teach your kids to call black people nig*ers. This was always an option for you but now you`ve got support from the Whitehouse. You needed Trump to grow a pair?

Old 12-19-2016, 08:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
A lot of Americans including myself are saddened. Why couldn't you just voted for a sane candidate like Rubio? Hell, even Ted Cruz would have been a much better option. Jesus Christ!!! I can't believe electors are gonna select a madman tomorrow because a segment of our electorate decided they wanted this buffoon to be our president. Very depressing
I voted for Donald Trump because he pisses off people like you.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:40 AM

421 posts, read 204,936 times
Trump was not a politician, plus he's a WINNER/alpha male, and that's what this country needs right about now after 8 years of Obama's economy

When comparing him to Hillary it was a NO-BRAINER Hillary, a lifelong/corrupt politician, has never accomplished anything of substance in office. Just the fact ALONE Trump was not a politician was good enough reason to vote for him, his other flaws aside. People collectively said "ENOUGH with the freakin' corruption!" this election on both sides (Trump on right side, Bernie on the left side).

Trump is also anti-political correctness, which was icing on the cake.

WW3 may have been averted too, Hillary was on the same level as Bush with the war-mongering rhetoric. "We will establish a no-fly zone over Syria"? Ummm, yea, that's WW3 lady

Old 12-19-2016, 08:42 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
And Clinton is fragile, demonstrably and unrepentantly corrupt, homicidally insane, and she fully lacks leadership presence. Anything else?
she mean

Old 12-19-2016, 08:45 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
90% of hillary votes was because she was a woman
95% of obama vote was because he was black

100% of Trump votes was because he wasn't a politician

Old 12-19-2016, 08:46 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Before Trump came along, it was assumed that we would have another Bush-Clinton election. Trump threw a wrench into all that. When he announced that he was running, I listened to what he had to say and it really resonated with me. He exposed the whole rotten corrupt system where politicians are owned by their mega-rich donors. As a result, they perform this elaborate dance where they use weasel words when addressing their constituents but always in the end, their donors get their way. I figured how can anyone want the whole rotten corrupt system to continue. I was rather surprised that there are so many who were cheering for a Hillary win.
Good post all around but I singled out this paragraph because it echoes a lot of my own sentiments. Before Trump entered the race I too was expecting another Bush-Clinton dynasty showdown. Quite frankly with a matchup like that I really didn't care who won and I was fully prepared to either sit this election out or vote third party in the general election for the first time in my life.

As time went on it became even more obvious that Hillary in particular was basically the personification of everything that was wrong with our corrupt government. With her Clinton foundation and her collection of dem party lackeys she was pretty much the keystone that completed the arch that was holding the whole system together. I don't think people realize how vitally important it was that she be taken down and how her defeat really has the potential to open up the future of our country in ways we don't even know yet. Or not. Maybe, as some keep telling us, Trump duped us and we're screwed anyway. I'll take a maybe over a definitely any day though.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:46 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I voted for Donald Trump because he pisses off people like you.
I'm not sure I will ever understand this motivation... Do you really make decisions based on what will **** other people off? Why?

Old 12-19-2016, 08:48 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Good post all around but I singled out this paragraph because it echoes a lot of my own sentiments. Before Trump entered the race I too was expecting another Bush-Clinton dynasty showdown. Quite frankly with a matchup like that I really didn't care who won and I was fully prepared to either sit this election out or vote third party in the general election for the first time in my life.

As time went on it became even more obvious that Hillary in particular was basically the personification of everything that was wrong with our corrupt government. With her Clinton foundation and her collection of dem party lackeys she was pretty much the keystone that completed the arch that was holding the whole system together. I don't think people realize how vitally important it was that she be taken down and how her defeat really has the potential to open up the future of our country in ways we don't even know yet. Or not. Maybe, as some keep telling us, Trump duped us and we're screwed anyway. I'll take a maybe over a definitely any day though.
I'm curious whether you voted for George W. then. The dynasty issue (which I also find concerning) was an issue that was talked about extensively during that election. If you did vote for George W., why was a second Bush OK, but not a second Clinton?

Old 12-19-2016, 08:50 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
I'm not sure I will ever understand this motivation... Do you really make decisions based on what will **** other people off? Why?

Just a direct way of saying he disagrees with your ideals..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies