Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 08:55 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times

Advertisements

Welcome to internet fame, Louisville lady. Your lack of decorum in the heat of the moment is going to haunt you forever.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:13 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,734 times
People are nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT5KrRGfJBI

Here was the same lady previously flipping out at a different business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KoQ3kThCtI

Old 12-22-2016, 09:18 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,206,613 times
Of course people are going to say she's nuts but she's actually just saying what millions and millions of people in this country are thinking. I personally think she's an awful woman but at the same time I applaud her for having the cajones to let the world know she's a hateful racist pig. Who I'm sure attends church weekly.

I wonder who she voted for...

Old 12-22-2016, 09:22 PM

649 posts, read 316,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Of course people are going to say she's nuts but she's actually just saying what millions and millions of people in this country are thinking. I personally think she's an awful woman but at the same time I applaud her for having the cajones to let the world know what kind of person she is.

I wonder who she voted for...
Well , she acts like Hillary , just another hissy fit .

Old 12-22-2016, 10:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,586,985 times
I saw this video. One crazy old lady got mad because she was cut in line. She should not have said those things and the two women should not have cut the line. In a country of over 350 milion people this event is not much of anything that deserves attention.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:22 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,624,774 times
Wow. That was ugly. I was surprised to see it was in Kentucky. There are a lot of things I don't like about living here, but I don't think her bigoted views are really representative of the state as a whole. My wife is Asian, and she seems very well accepted by everyone we meet. But at the same time, this is a Southern state, so you're going to find a few of them if you turn over enough rocks. In my experience, though, it's far from the norm for Kentucky.

I agree that this is relevant to the Trump phenomenon. Hateful, angry bigots everywhere are feeling empowered and validated by his election, and more and more of them are going to be coming out of the woodwork. It's going to be an ugly and divisive 4 years as this all sorts out.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
No more eggnog for you lady.

Whoa!

Old 12-22-2016, 10:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
I never understood the "go back to where you came from" counter. Whites weren't the original people here either
Yeah well, try telling them that.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:33 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,579,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Your post tells everyone reading it exactly who and what you are. Hateful. Agenda driven. Partisan. Overly simplistic in your argument. Overly generalizing in your observations. Snide and smarmy in a transparent attempt to punctuate your points.

No rational thinking and reasonable person can (or would) come to the defense of this despicable woman. She is what she is. A hateful POS. Unfortunately there are hateful POS all over this country. Not just white old ladies from Kentucky. But keep writing your useless crap on anonymous message boards if it helps you sleep better at night.
I see Trumpers continue to support the rights of free speech. I voiced my opinion, based on what she said many times to the other shopper. It was not just one snide comment. It was a lengthy spat of awful name calling, culminating in one of the Trumpers' war memes: "Go back where you came from!" A true Trumper. She doesn't have to be wearing the red cap to be identifiable.

It is the election of Trump that unleashed all that hatred onto our co-citizens, our neighbors. He made it okay to be, as he and Trumpers put it, "not pc." I'm sure this woman considers what she said to be just "not pc" talk.

A leader has to be very careful with the language he uses, because the public will take what he says and magnify it and use it as an example to be free to say and do things they would not have done before.

Trump runs off at the mouth. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. And this woman now feels she has the stamp of approval for her to run off at the mouth about immigrants.

It's not particularly partisan, to observe and call something what it is. You like plain speaking, I thought, since you're a Trumper. Well, there it is. Plain speaking. Calling things what they really are.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:35 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,579,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Wow. That was ugly. I was surprised to see it was in Kentucky. There are a lot of things I don't like about living here, but I don't think her bigoted views are really representative of the state as a whole. My wife is Asian, and she seems very well accepted by everyone we meet. But at the same time, this is a Southern state, so you're going to find a few of them if you turn over enough rocks. In my experience, though, it's far from the norm for Kentucky.

I agree that this is relevant to the Trump phenomenon. Hateful, angry bigots everywhere are feeling empowered and validated by his election, and more and more of them are going to be coming out of the woodwork. It's going to be an ugly and divisive 4 years as this all sorts out.
I think the Asian experience is very different from the hispanic experience here, at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies