Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 06:38 AM

404 posts, read 385,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not surprised that woman went on a racist rant. I got targeted earlier this year by some bigots screaming racial slurs at me, in front of other people. This could happen anywhere. This bigoted behavior is all over.
Details?

Old 12-23-2016, 06:39 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trix09 View Post
whatd they say
The "N" word.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:39 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
Details?
Green is a black guy, we can use our imagination.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
The "N" word.
Hopefully you laughed it off. 9 times out of 10 those kind of people are at the bottom of the barrel. They usually look like they could be in the movie Deliverance.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:57 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
For those trying to deny the white supremacists have come out of the closet and that hate speech and behavior is rampant with the election, here's an example.

It's actually the entire mall, which is privately owned, that is seeking to ban her from the mall. Which they should. She shouldn't be allowed in the company of decent people.

But hey...what a snappy outfit and hairdo she has, huh? A true example of the "new" Republican. Who do you think she voted for in the election? Hmmmm. I can't imagine!

Are you effing kidding me? Where have you been under a rock? This behavior did not start when Trump was elected it has been here forever. Just another feeble attempt by crybaby loser liberals.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:02 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I guess they topped that racist MTV video about white guys with an even bigger example of racism and stupidity. But the dingus making the video commentary.... please. Scolding the people in line for minding their own business and not getting involved or escalating the situation is just dumb. And how many knuckle draggers have we seen on videos that do nothing but laugh and hoot while they record fights and confrontations. I wish I had a buck for every time I heard " World Star Hip Hop, Baby." as some stooge records the violence and then makes faces for the camera and does nothing while people get hurt.
Its Christmas time and tempers are short and people are stressed. If the woman cut in line she should have been told about it. Maybe politely but then firmly if she didn't apologize. And EVERYBODY has people of their prospective races that display bad behavior and nobody should have to apologize for them. Its not a matter of race, anyway.
EVERYBODY needs to lose the sense of entitlement and we all need to start treating other people with respect instead of only thinking about ourselves.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:07 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
That whole 'English is not the official language of America' thing again? It's not the official language. That would be the first thing to address before you go down this road.

Well, it is the language we have been using in this country since the beginning and everything is conducted in the English language here. learn English or suffer the consequences. If you go to any other country you better learn their language.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:09 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
Hopefully you laughed it off. 9 times out of 10 those kind of people are at the bottom of the barrel. They usually look like they could be in the movie Deliverance.
Actually, it wasn't that funny. Sure, the dudes who did that were probably the "Deliverance" types. I live in Georgia by the way. This could have happened anywhere. I just mention it because it's interesting that you mention that movie. I live 2 hours from where it was filmed.

They were likely bottom of the barrel types. So were alot of people I've dealt with racism from. I had a hard time laughing it off because of all the latent racial tension I've been seeing and hearing about in the media. It was also the very public nature of it. Other people heard it.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't that funny. Sure, the dudes who did that were probably the "Deliverance" types. I live in Georgia by the way. This could have happened anywhere. I just mention it because it's interesting that you mention that movie. I live 2 hours from where it was filmed.

They were likely bottom of the barrel types. So were alot of people I've dealt with racism from. I had a hard time laughing it off because of all the latent racial tension I've been seeing and hearing about in the media. It was also the very public nature of it. Other people heard it.

I didn't mean it was funny. It's just usually those kind of people live a 'bottom of the barrel' lifestyle. They really think Trump is in their corner. Trump would hang with Oprah before them.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:21 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh please. These types of people were doing this already. No one "came out of the closet", they've been out, but liberals didn't really care much until just now.
They are now emboldened though, because we elected a President who exemplifies this type of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies