Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 09:47 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times

Advertisements

And this video did just what it was meant to do, congratulations everyone.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:50 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I see Trumpers continue to support the rights of free speech. I voiced my opinion, based on what she said many times to the other shopper. It was not just one snide comment. It was a lengthy spat of awful name calling, culminating in one of the Trumpers' war memes: "Go back where you came from!" A true Trumper. She doesn't have to be wearing the red cap to be identifiable.

It is the election of Trump that unleashed all that hatred onto our co-citizens, our neighbors. He made it okay to be, as he and Trumpers put it, "not pc." I'm sure this woman considers what she said to be just "not pc" talk.

A leader has to be very careful with the language he uses, because the public will take what he says and magnify it and use it as an example to be free to say and do things they would not have done before.

Trump runs off at the mouth. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. And this woman now feels she has the stamp of approval for her to run off at the mouth about immigrants.

It's not particularly partisan, to observe and call something what it is. You like plain speaking, I thought, since you're a Trumper. Well, there it is. Plain speaking. Calling things what they really are.
I just spent the time to sign in on an iPad to rep you only to discover that I'd done it too recently. My kid saw and was saddened by the video. We also read and discussed your response. She's a minority and the fact that she's a "favored" one matters not whit. Your common sense post really resonated with her.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:15 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I just spent the time to sign in on an iPad to rep you only to discover that I'd done it too recently. My kid saw and was saddened by the video. We also read and discussed your response. She's a minority and the fact that she's a "favored" one matters not whit. Your common sense post really resonated with her.

Yeah sorry but there really isn't much of a an endemic Latino Anglo problem here. Its mostly manufactured by a double standard. I doubt people would appreciate it if Canadians encouraged their citizens to flout our laws , waltz across the border and go on welfare. When I go to Latin America, I have to go through passport control. I don't get to squat. Once the double standard goes away, so will most of the resentment. Generally speaking Latinos and Anglo get along pretty well. Take a look at the rest of the world like Indian and Pakistan, China and Japan, Lithuania and Russia, Sweden and Norway, and so on. See any dead bodies everywhere? See gang problems across the country between whites and Latinos in our schools? There are actually more problem between Latinos like residual Mexica-Maya crap and so on.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:51 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with whogo, you need to relax.

Your wife is disabled, you say. Well, someone will always view her differently.

This said, Dave Willis once said, Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

Minorities have always been minorities. No president can "trigger" a non-racist into doing something out of character. Good people always treat others with respects, and human dignity; racists DO NOT change.

White supremacists have always voted strong border-security guy. Trump is a border security guy, so of course they are going to vote and support him, this is not really "news" and it shouldn't surprise anybody.

I've also modeled and I am 5'7". I am mixed, unlike your wife. So my experience might be different from hers. I've been to at least one dozen countries and my favorite place is southern small towns, believe it or not. I've always been seen as the "same", having a kick ass Marine as a brother certainly helped when I grew up. I just don't see "race" the same as everybody else, and I have super thick skin. I am no way vulnerable, and I will deal with a bully when I want to. LOL . Also, (I am not trying to implying anything, so please don't read into what I say) I don't view every guy who approaches me as a guy who is romantically interested in me. LOL Not every guy is a punk, a pervert, a racist, etc. Just treat everybody with respect, the way you want to be treated. Life is easier this way.

My grandparents and parents taught me "pick your battle" Someone and something are not worthy of my time and energy. I have more important things to worry about.

I understand why some might worry about Mr. T's presidency. I certainly will not tell everybody how to think. But I think they worry too much. America is Democracy, America has laws. Racists have never been anything different. They are always racists. Just because we have seen more "videos" on yourtube, doesn't mean we all of sudden have more racists. Doesn't work this way.
Thank god somebody gets it. I hate it when I talk to a woman and she automatically thinks that I am trying to hit on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxon View Post
Good for her. I hope more people stand up and say enough of this giving our country away to people who want to change our culture. You leftist idiots are so preoccupied with hate America first you can not see the you align yourself with want to kill you just as much as the right thinking people here. God you liberals are dumb.
\

Oh can it, will you? Nice Original Username btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
Hopefully you laughed it off. 9 times out of 10 those kind of people are at the bottom of the barrel. They usually look like they could be in the movie Deliverance.
You are so right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Well, it is the language we have been using in this country since the beginning and everything is conducted in the English language here. learn English or suffer the consequences. If you go to any other country you better learn their language.
That's not true, what bout the Indians? They didn't speak English? And the Spanish were here before the anglos were.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:57 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Thank god somebody gets it. I hate it when I talk to a woman and she automatically thinks that I am trying to hit on her.

\

Oh can it, will you? Nice Original Username btw.

You are so right.

That's not true, what bout the Indians? They didn't speak English? And the Spanish were here before the anglos were.

Why are you speaking English?

Old 12-23-2016, 11:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The old woman said more than that.
I am aware of that.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:01 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
I never understood the "go back to where you came from" counter. Whites weren't the original people here either
No, it was likely some Neanderthal-like creature. But they are not around to claim ownership, so the rest of us with varying levels of melanin skin pigmentation squabble about it.

Nice hyperbole video, by the way. If I post a video of some banger f'n up an old white guy, do I get a gold star?

Old 12-23-2016, 11:10 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is also rude to shout racially motivated stuff at people.
I think it was more country of origin and legal status motivated than racial.

Why did they think it's ok to cut in line?

Old 12-23-2016, 11:18 AM

73,026 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I think it was more country of origin and legal status motivated than racial.

Why did they think it's ok to cut in line?
I never said it was okay to do that, so don't go putting words in my mouth.

No it isn't okay to cut in line, but it isn't okay to get on racial/ethnic lines either. I wouldn't have done anything like that. Why? Because I understand right and wrong. I've gotten mad from someone cutting in front of me. I didn't get racial/ethnic about it.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:27 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Pathetic. People who act like this are the scum of the Earth. Truly. She's the one disrupting everyone's shopping experience, not the Hispanic lady. It really doesn't even matter if she did cut in line, which I'm assuming wasn't what happened, though with no context, I can't know that. Either way, her behavior is disgraceful and I hope she knows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There crazy all over. Here's another nut case. This lady's EBT card didn't work, she trashed the store.

How is this clip related to the original context of this topic?

And I'm not an idiot and don't feel like wasting time with dumb response, so just know that I already know that answer: it's not. This is about racism and how people act. People getting mad about their EBT not working is related. At all. But it's easier for you to rant about. So you change the subject.

Start a thread of your own if that's what you want to talk about. You don't matter enough to decide what the topic of this thread is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies