Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 07:10 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
It's harassment, some follow people to their cars, keep yelling in their faces. I don't know if she would be charged, but it might shut her up right away and stop her from doing it again. She feels empowered and entitled to do it- her power needs to be removed and people have the right to stick up for themselves and be treated with respect.
Hearing things you don't like is not harassment. The Obama administration would have been locked up long ago if it was.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:13 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It amazes me that people can be so insecure and unintelligent that they become offended that someone is speaking a language other than English. Then again, people who are poorly educated and traveled will share those feelings so I'm not surprised that some people feel that way. They can't help how they were raised or who their parents were. A person raised in an educated family in a tolerant society would not think that way.

Yes I discriminate against bigots. You won't hear any opposition from me. I don't consider your views American but rather something else...such Nazi German or fascist. What you embrace is not American in my opinion.

We agree on one thing. People in that part of the country are bigoted and minorities should not live there. I would never choose to raise my family there because of the people there.

Your name calling is very sophisticated. What is your specialty and where do you practice? I want to make sure I'm on the lookout.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:14 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
This nation is a large experiment that has never before been attempted, and is only getting more intense with time. Filming people freaking out in response to its pressures says less about them than it does about the experiment.

Also, it always comes off ghetto, more specifically as social overcompensation, when people start ranting about "education" when they see a racial conflict that they dislike. These interactions are much more complex than the meager problem solving skills lent by your community college education has given you the skills to perceive.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:18 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Yes I discriminate against bigots.
Be careful. Others may consider YOU a bigot. You don't have the lock on the name.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:21 PM

1,485 posts, read 955,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh my God! The lady is crazy!
She is part of a large group I call "Christmas Idiots". Every year they show their true colors.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Interesting that the crude racist's piggishness is being defended with the justification that the other woman "cut in line," which is apparently one of the Ten Commandments.
I haven't read the whole thread but let me say this. I would not go on a rant like that woman did. I would, however, insist on reclaiming my spot in line. Nobody is going to push me back in the line. In her eyes she saw a mini-reenactment of what is happening at the border. They are used to cutting in line on a much bigger scale and being rewarded for it, so why should they stop now? I am sure you didn't see it this way

Old 12-23-2016, 08:48 PM

1,378 posts, read 738,137 times
Quote:
We want to be politically correct and pretend Americans in the south and rural areas share the same values and education as people who live in metropolitan areas outside of the south. The south is very racist and xenophobic. This video doesn't surprise me in the slightest.The lady may have ranted but you didn't exactly see people come to her aid. If that had happened in Los Angeles let alone Phoenix, someone would have shouted at that lady and told her to shut the f up. You can tell a lot of those people probably sympathized with her.

This is why if you are a minority, you should really not live in the south and rural areas of the United States. They have a very different value system there and are pseudo fascist. Even their culture encompasses their religious views with Evangelical Christian dogma.

The whole southern hospitality only extends to whites. If you are a minority, it's southern scorn.
Couldnt have said it better myself. But i thought arizona was considered the south tho

Old 12-23-2016, 08:51 PM

325 posts, read 153,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Be careful. Others may consider YOU a bigot. You don't have the lock on the name.
Oh that person is very much a bigot and a racist. No point in arguing with such a pigheaded person. They just drag you into the mud with them.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 PM

1,378 posts, read 738,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Do you live in the south? I don't think you do so all you are doing is expressing a bigoted opinion based on who know's what. Its not "xenophobic" nor "racist" to want to keep our nation American. The south has been integrated FAR longer than the north has. Opinions like yours by painting an ENTIRE region as "racist" is EXACTLY why Trump won. We are tired of the attacks on our country on our language on EVERYTHING American by those liberal elitists,by all means keep it up it just means Trump wins again in 2020.
Yes it is. And get off of it, noone is attacking anything. If anything, people like you attack us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
And charge her with what exactly, expressing her opinion?
Disorderly conduct, verbal assault for starters.

Quote:
Well maybe that's the norm there. Its not here. Its rude no matter what language you are speaking in when its at a kids Christmas play and they are singing Christmas tunes! If people want to move here they need to learn to adapt to OUR way of doing things or LEAVE.

I am hispanic and i speak spanish, guess what? I dont have to adapt to $hit

Quote:
Our way as in SPEAK ENGLISH. This is America after all. This is small city Western North Carolina. Speak English. You are obviously bigoted against Americans who want America to stay American so I won't continue to waste my time. Things are gonna change whether the Anti American left likes it or not.

No, nobody has to speak or do anything you say.

Last edited by Galvatron99; 12-23-2016 at 10:26 PM..

Old 12-23-2016, 09:27 PM

325 posts, read 153,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Yes it is. And get off of it, noone is attacking anything. If anything, people like you attack us.

Disorderly conduct, verbal assault for starters.

I am hispanic and i speak spanish, guess what? I dont have to adapt to $hit

No, nobody has to speak or do anytbing you say.
YAWN. Go play internet keyboard warrior elsewhere. Heard all this nonsense before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies