Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 06:40 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times

Advertisements

We want to be politically correct and pretend Americans in the south and rural areas share the same values and education as people who live in metropolitan areas outside of the south. The south is very racist and xenophobic. This video doesn't surprise me in the slightest.The lady may have ranted but you didn't exactly see people come to her aid. If that had happened in Los Angeles let alone Phoenix, someone would have shouted at that lady and told her to shut the f up. You can tell a lot of those people probably sympathized with her.

This is why if you are a minority, you should really not live in the south and rural areas of the United States. They have a very different value system there and are pseudo fascist. Even their culture encompasses their religious views with Evangelical Christian dogma.

The whole southern hospitality only extends to whites. If you are a minority, it's southern scorn.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:47 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
You know what shouldn't be acceptable in polite society?

Line cutting!

Yet here we have one getting all sympathy from everyone cause the linecutter was told to go back where she came from.

I hope the poor little linecutter isn't scared for life.
The problem here is the racist lady- she already has a problem with Hispanics, regardless of the situation. This is not the first or the last time this happens, but it has sure been augmented by D.Trump. These people feel empowered and entitled now to insult people for any little thing. Her rant is totally unwarranted- why do you all keep pussyfooting around the problem?

These types of people are just WAITING to insult their victims. A couple did the exact same thing to my mother in Florida, and made up in their heads that she was 'cutting.' Theycstarted insulting her, telling her she should de deported and all kinds of stupid BS. She's lived in the US for 45 years, seriously????

I think people need to start calling the cops right away and report these people for harassment. We need to have more records of this BS.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:48 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,751,154 times
There are millions of crazy people in the USA.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:49 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
That crazy old lady would have pissed me off way more than someone cutting in front of me. Not just because she alone made the collective IQ in the store less than 50, or that she was racist, but because she was making a scene. Her acting less mature than a toddler creates more needless noise and wastes more time that a woman cutting in front of me.
I was just half joking around. I already said it was a dumb move to go there. I don't take so lightly to people cutting in line though, that's one of my major pet peeves. People acting loudly and rudely in public is another one.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:49 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
We want to be politically correct and pretend Americans in the south and rural areas share the same values and education as people who live in metropolitan areas outside of the south. The south is very racist and xenophobic. This video doesn't surprise me in the slightest.The lady may have ranted but you didn't exactly see people come to her aid. If that had happened in Los Angeles let alone Phoenix, someone would have shouted at that lady and told her to shut the f up. You can tell a lot of those people probably sympathized with her.

This is why if you are a minority, you should really not live in the south and rural areas of the United States. They have a very different value system there and are pseudo fascist. Even their culture encompasses their religious views with Evangelical Christian dogma.

The whole southern hospitality only extends to whites. If you are a minority, it's southern scorn.
You must be a progressive. Almost every sentence contains a racial stereotype.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:50 PM

325 posts, read 153,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
We want to be politically correct and pretend Americans in the south and rural areas share the same values and education as people who live in metropolitan areas outside of the south. The south is very racist and xenophobic. This video doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Do you live in the south? I don't think you do so all you are doing is expressing a bigoted opinion based on who know's what. Its not "xenophobic" nor "racist" to want to keep our nation American. The south has been integrated FAR longer than the north has. Opinions like yours by painting an ENTIRE region as "racist" is EXACTLY why Trump won. We are tired of the attacks on our country on our language on EVERYTHING American by those liberal elitists,by all means keep it up it just means Trump wins again in 2020.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:51 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
The problem here is the racist lady- she already has a problem with Hispanics, regardless of the situation. This is not the first or the last time this happens, but it has sure been augmented by D.Trump. These people feel empowered and entitled now to insult people for any little thing. Her rant is totally unwarranted- why do you all keep pussyfooting around the problem?

These types of people are just WAITING to insult their victims. A couple did the exact same thing to my mother in Florida, and made up in their heads that she was 'cutting.' My mother has lived in the US for 45 years and has been a USC for 35. I think people need to start calling the cops right away and report them for harassment. We need to have more records of this BS.
And charge her with what exactly, expressing her opinion?

Old 12-23-2016, 06:52 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You must be a progressive. Almost every sentence contains a racial stereotype.
I'm a realist. We want to pretend that Kentucky is like California and people share the same values. Sorry, it's not. No one should be surprised to hear an old woman in Kentucky rant like this nor should they be surprised to see that not one person there defended the woman and instead allowed her to talk to that woman like that. The people there who watched should be ashamed but they secretly espouse what that woman said.

We need to stop extending political correctness to the south and pretend they don't espouse bigotry. It is very much a part of the culture in the south and rural areas in this country.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
I had to deal with something similar the other night. Went to my son's christmas play at school and sat in the bleachers in the gym and OF COURSE a family of Hispanics just HAPPENED to sit behind me and gibber in Spanish the ENTIRE TIME we were supposed to be listening to the kids sing christmas songs....very annoying whether it was in English or Spanish but I couldn't even tell them to shut up because they didn't understand me! I hope things change around here come January 20th. If people bust their butt to come here you would think they would love their new country enough to learn its language!
You sound cranky! Feliz Navidad!!!

In my area we speak English and Spanish everywhere in public, none of the White people give a rat's ass. There are more important things to get upset over.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
And charge her with what exactly, expressing her opinion?
It's harassment, some follow people to their cars, keep yelling in their faces. I don't know if she would be charged, but it might shut her up right away and stop her from doing it again. She feels empowered and entitled to do it- her power needs to be removed and people have the right to stick up for themselves and be treated with respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies