Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 06:01 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Our way as in SPEAK ENGLISH. This is America after all. This is small city Western North Carolina. Speak English. You are obviously bigoted against Americans who want America to stay American so I won't continue to waste my time. Things are gonna change whether the Anti American left likes it or not.
Here's the thing: I'm not.

I'm not against you and your values, traditions and morals. I'm not against your language or beliefs.

But I don't think YOUR way is the only right way. There is no official language in this country nor should there be. And to be quite honest, you don't know if those people can't speak English. Just because they choose to communicate to each other in another language doesn't mean they don't know English.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:09 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
My general impression about line cutters is simply this: line cutters having no sense of kinship with the society they live within. Those people have no sense of 'community' and see other people as merely competition in their way, so there is no guilt felt if a line is cut. They really ruin it for everyone else around them.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread. My family has several retail shops in the shopping mall, i pretty much deal with line cutters on daily basis. I just view these people as selfish people or rude. Line cutters are foreign travelers/shoppers, or local people. They happen to be white, yellow, brown, black etc. It is not exclusively one race problem.

All these being said, If you want to be assertive you can always tell the person in a firm voice where the back of the line is. Either say something or keep quiet, would be my solution.

There is no doubt in my mind that this older woman lost her cool. There is no single justification of mentioning the lady shopper's ethnicity. Plus, there are many people in America speak more than 1 language , and they should have the total freedom to speak the language they feel comfortable with in public, in the mall. Mall is not a government building, is it?

This lady shopper could be a foreign traveler. Mentioning welfare or telling her to go back to her own country is completely uncalled for.

Even though I am a business owner, I don't believe in "customers are always right", nor do I tolerate rude behavior. If I saw a line cutter in my store, I politely tell him/her where the back of the line is, or I will say "I am sorry, sir, or ma'am, this lady (or gentleman) was here first." It looks like the store clerk needs some training, as well.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-24-2016 at 06:19 AM..

Old 12-24-2016, 06:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My general impression about line cutters is simply this: line cutters having no sense of kinship with the society they live within. Those people have no sense of 'community' and see other people as merely competition in their way, so there is no guilt felt if a line is cut. They really ruin it for everyone else around them.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread. My family has several retail shops in the shopping mall, i pretty much deal with line cutters on daily basis. I just view these people as selfish people or rude. Line cutters are foreign travelers/shoppers, or local people. They happen to be white, yellow, brown, black etc. It is not exclusively one race problem.

All these being said, If you want to be assertive you can always tell the person in a firm voice where the back of the line is. Either say something or keep quiet, would be my solution.

There is no doubt in my mind that this older woman lost her cool. There is no single justification of mentioning the lady shopper's ethnicity. Plus, there are many people in America speak more than 1 language , and they should have the total freedom to speak the language they feel comfortable with in public, in the mall. Mall is not a government building, is it?

This lady shopper could be a foreign traveler. Mentioning welfare or telling her to go back to her own country is completely uncalled for.

Even though I am a business owner, I don't believe in "customers are always right", nor do I tolerate rude behavior. If I saw a line cutter in my store, I politely tell him/her where the back of the line is, or I will say "I am sorry, sir, or ma'am, this lady (or gentleman) was here first." It looks like the store clerk needs some training, as well.
Did they actually cut the line or did the woman's friend give her additional items to check out?

I've accidentally cut lines before and I've either been politely told where the end of the line is or no one said a word and I didn't realize I'd even done it.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Did they actually cut the line or did the woman's friend give her additional items to check out?

I've accidentally cut lines before and I've either been politely told where the end of the line is or no one said a word and I didn't realize I'd even done it.
That, I am not sure.

If somebody accidentally cut lines, then show them where the back of the line is would be good enough.

I told a gentleman in my store he cut the line, he immediately apologized. I don't think any shoppers would have problem with him.

If this woman's friend gave her additional items to check out, then nobody should have issues with that. However, I don't know if this is the case, based on the video.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:04 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Also, what is it with trashy people who are always claiming that all their tax dollars are always paying for poor minorities and immigrants' stuff?

Good grief, talk about ignorance.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:07 AM

yep. This lady might be a foreign traveler who contributes to the American economy. The welfare talk is nonsense.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:11 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh my God! The lady is crazy!
No she is not crazy. She is quite aware of what she is doing.

The woman is a racist. There are a lot more just like her.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No she is not crazy. She is quite aware of what she is doing.

The woman is a racist. There are a lot more just like her.
It is just a figure of speech.

Well, I think there are a lot of people who can hide it better than her.

If she is a racist, she aint a bright one. Look what her behavior got herself into. LOL

Old 12-24-2016, 07:22 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
You've been waiting in line. It's been creeping. It's been quite awhile...you have other things you need to get done. The end is in sight. Finally! The lady in front of you is almost done...

and during the process, someone brings up 'additional items to check out.'

The lady was racist and inappropriate. But I've never thought it was so cool to add stuff to someone else's checkout pile, particularly if the line is long. Everyone discounts that, 'it's not a big deal', but it kind of is.

That's what triggered her, for sure, and I doubt it initially had so much to do with ethnicity as she thought she was done with the wait and then suddenly, she wasn't. Then she went off the deep end.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:29 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
For those trying to deny the white supremacists have come out of the closet and that hate speech and behavior is rampant with the election, here's an example.

It's actually the entire mall, which is privately owned, that is seeking to ban her from the mall. Which they should. She shouldn't be allowed in the company of decent people.

But hey...what a snappy outfit and hairdo she has, huh? A true example of the "new" Republican. Who do you think she voted for in the election? Hmmmm. I can't imagine!
Has nothing to do with the "new Republican", these people have been around for a long time, I don't think she became this way right after the Donald won the election. Besides, we don't know what the other woman did to set her off to make her so angry, it was what she chose to say that was so wrong, not so much her anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies