Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 11:11 PM

1,544 posts, read 925,262 times

Advertisements

No. Besides, that's their life and their choice.

OP, when you ask stupid questions, be prepared for snarky answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 11:32 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,201,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Whereabouts? Did you see any whales?
I live in San Diego, we went on a boat that left from Mission Bay. We saw a mother with her calf. We had to keep our distance so not to disturb them, but it was really cute to see the large breath spout followed by a little one from the baby. Those were the only whales we saw this time but we saw tons of dolphins and spotted a Red Footed Booby which according to my freind is a rare bird and we will most likely never see another in our lifetimes.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
They don't print enough money to live in North Dakota.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:01 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
North Dakota currently has the weakest state economy and the worst job losses.

So cute thread but the state is in serious decline due to the global oil glut.

Nice try tho.

Exactly!! Call center jobs (where you're micromanaged to the point of absurdity) are about all that's left up there! So hmmm let's see. A job in freakin' North Dakota-a job where you are treated like chit, where your every move is recorded and documented, where you are expected to meet unreachable goals, where you are beyond micromanaged by mentally arthritic supervisors that couldn't manage a lemonade stand, where they do the ol' "churn and burn" knowing that there is not much else up in warm, balmy, scenic North Dakota, so they can treat workers as poorly as they want.
Who WOULDN'T consider that the 2017 version of the "American Dream"??

Go for it OP let us know how that works out for ya! There's always the beautiful ND weather!!

Old 01-03-2017, 12:03 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I live in San Diego, we went on a boat that left from Mission Bay. We saw a mother with her calf. We had to keep our distance so not to disturb them, but it was really cute to see the large breath spout followed by a little one from the baby. Those were the only whales we saw this time but we saw tons of dolphins and spotted a Red Footed Booby which according to my freind is a rare bird and we will most likely never see another in our lifetimes.
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good trip. We had a pod of humpbacks up in Norcal this past fall putting on an great show. I was wondering if maybe they were back.

Congrats on the red footed booby sighting. I saw one in the Galapagos. I have some pictures for proof, although they're too crappy to share.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:04 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.nar.realtor/sites/defaul...2016-11-03.pdf

median home price in Fargo/Moorhead: $204,000

median home price in San Francisco: $1,300,000

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...ince-2011.html

Gross Pay $115,000 in San Francisco after tax $72,000 net
Gross Pay $56,000 in Fargo after tax $42,000 net

18 years of net annual pay in San Francisco to purchase a home
4 years of net annual pay in Fargo to purchase a home.

I guess a Fargo median wage earning household would have to pay 4 years of net-wages to afford a home as opposed to 18 years in San Francisco.

Since you are so enamored with ND, when will you be moving there, to start your dream job answering phones for Swanson, in warm, sunny almost Arizona-like North Dakota??

Old 01-03-2017, 12:08 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times
No.

Not really a fan of condos though. To each their own. I enjoy not having any shared walls, two car garage, back yard. Costs a bit more than that condo in North Dakota. Bay Areas really a bit too built up for me for the most part. I do like the North Bay though. Healdsburg or Sebastapol would be nice.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:11 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The poster clearly said husband-wife team so he was multiplying it by 2 for household income.

Either way, I don't like the regional smack talk from either party.
...And regional smack talk is all it is.

There are, and there always have been, a hundred thousand reasons why people live where they live, lead the lives they lead, and leave to move elsewhere or stay put where they were born.

No one can define for another what a fulfilled life is or is not.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:21 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
If I lived in Fargo, I'd want to live in a cabin in the woods, with a fireplace, some land, and a wood chipper.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
If I lived in Fargo, I'd want to live in a cabin in the woods, with a fireplace, some land, and a wood chipper.
If I lived anywhere in North Dakota, I'd want you to put me In the wood chipper. Head first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies