Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 10:48 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
An outgoing administration was not humiliated. The outgoing administration, the Obama administration, was not up for re-election and therefore could not lose.
The outgoing administration was indeed humiliated. That administration allowed HRC to use a private server, contrary to Federal law. That administration cannot deny knowledge of that system, as the released Clinton emails show POTUS as a recipient of some of those emails. That administration is part of the party that meddled in the primary process to favor Clinton over Sanders. That administration is part of the party that was demonstrated to have whole hearted, and obviously biased support from a fawning media, and proven by the DNC emails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The DNC was not "hacked" they were morons who fell for a scam. Don't fall for internet scams.

The same scam was tried on the RNC and their email software pruned out the phishing email.
So what do you think should be done, if anything, about the theft and dissemination of private data from the DNC? I gave my opinion about that in the OP.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:01 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
skepticratic,

We are not going to stop hacking other countries though, as I am confident you know very well.

Also, anyone who doesn't secure their data a lot better than the DNC did here should probably expect to have it stolen and used against them.
I'm not saying we're going to. I'm saying we should OR at the very least, drop this "we're the moral beacon of the world" crap that we all know is bull****.

As for the DNC's data, what specifically was insecure about it? The way I see it, the DNC was victim to a crime. Even if that crime lead to relevant revelations, like where Clinton's money is coming from and a possible reason as to why Sanders lost in the primaries, it's still a crime. And we'd never tell the victim of having their severs hacked that they should have known to secure the information better.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:03 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
What bothers me is that Obama knew about this hacking more than a year before the election and said nothing.

what bothers me is that the Chinese stole millions of Americans records via hacking and Obama did nothing.

then when Hillary lost, he chooses to attack Russia over something he went month and months ignoring? doing things that make it harder for the guy who follows him to be president.

what bothers me is the degree of politics Obama is playing with this issue.

what bothers me is the idiocy in thinking only the Russians have the emails of the DNC considering Poesta's email password WAS PASSWORD.

I have notihng but TOS violating pejoratives for all of you trying to make this a huge issue.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I'm not saying we're going to. I'm saying we should OR at the very least, drop this "we're the moral beacon of the world" crap that we all know is bull****.

As for the DNC's data, what specifically was insecure about it? The way I see it, the DNC was victim to a crime. Even if that crime lead to relevant revelations, like where Clinton's money is coming from and a possible reason as to why Sanders lost in the primaries, it's still a crime. And we'd never tell the victim of having their severs hacked that they should have known to secure the information better.
By all means, the criminals who committed the crime should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, if we want to retaliate against a foreign country, we need to do that within the context of international agreeents and norms, especially with consideration of our national conduct, or misconduct in ths area of activity.

Knowing what we do about the conduct of our intelligence agencies even against our own citizens, not to mention towards foreign powers and individuals, if you were in Russia, how seriously wkuld you regard these sorts of recriminations?

Old 01-10-2017, 02:30 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
So we're supposed to believe that the russians hacked Podesta and the DNC but never hacked the easy target of Hillary's private and illegal server in her house. Yeahhhh, right.
Tell us again about the Russians, George.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:24 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
We hack them, they hack us, we all spy on each other and we meddle in elections all the time. Obama publically meddled in Brexit and the Israeli election.

All this Russia nonsense is lefty butt-hurtedness. No more complicated than that.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:14 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
What bothers me is that Obama knew about this hacking more than a year before the election and said nothing.

what bothers me is that the Chinese stole millions of Americans records via hacking and Obama did nothing.

then when Hillary lost, he chooses to attack Russia over something he went month and months ignoring? doing things that make it harder for the guy who follows him to be president.

what bothers me is the degree of politics Obama is playing with this issue.

what bothers me is the idiocy in thinking only the Russians have the emails of the DNC considering Poesta's email password WAS PASSWORD.

I have nothing but TOS violating pejoratives for all of you trying to make this a huge issue.
[No rep points left for now]

Such uproar about attempts to influence an election misplaced -- no focus at all on the content of the released e-mails. And no focus on the fact that Democrats (DNC) themselves conspired (meddled) to influence their own election process.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:19 PM

If this was about all of Russia's misconduct towards us and had this campaign been started sooner, it would be a lot easier to regard this as something more than the Democrat left lashing out and trying to shift responsibilities for their own electoral failures.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:23 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Isn't anybody else kind of concerned that everybody in our Intelligence Community are wearing tin foil helmets and muttering about the Russians hacking our precious bodily fluids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies