Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:49 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Based on your previous comments, you probably are wrong, but not our job to correct, but as I'd mentioned in a previous comment, most folks can go to the emergicare type places and get fixed up for pretty cheap.
Really? So the emergicare will provide long term cancer treatments? How about open heart surgery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 11:12 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Really? So the emergicare will provide long term cancer treatments? How about open heart surgery?
According to: Urgent Care | Colorado Springs | Pueblo | EmergiCare

What does EmergiCare treat?

Broken arms & other bones
Back pain
Sports Injuries
Lacerations & scrapes
Headaches, stomach aches
Flu symptoms
Work-related injury

So basically, unless you just have a boo-boo, you're outta luck.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:13 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
My favorite part about the ACA is watching liberals cry when we take it away.
A lot of poor and working-class whites — who voted for Trump in disproportionate numbers — have benefited from Obamacare, meaning they likely stand to lose out from its repeal (and even its replacement with something that covers far fewer people).

http://thehealthcareblog.com/blog/20...-white-people/

Quote:
The regions with the largest decline in the rate of uninsurance were the Midwest and the South. The latter, of course, is the GOP’s stronghold region.

A large gain in the number of number of whites with health insurance was exactly what an Urban Institute analysis was predicting nearly three years ago. It suggested full implementation of the ACA would mean that 12.3 million more white people would gain health insurance.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:49 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sorry if the truth hurts, but that those ignorant voters in Kentucky didn't know that the ACA was the same thing as Obamacare, and thus gave blatant liar McConnell another term so he could fulfill his promise to take away their healthcare, is a fact. Nothing racist about it. They're idiots and now they will pay for their ignorance.
I'll tell you what hurts, racism, and no, it's never true.

To say redneck implies white, in this case, a negative way. To say someone is stupid because they are a redneck from Kentucky is just as bad as calling someone a blackneck or a redskin. But to say they are stupid because of it is really hurtful to some, and no, it's not true. It's 100% attitude, usually based on fear, and it's 100% wrong.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:03 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what hurts, racism, and no, it's never true.

To say redneck implies white, in this case, a negative way. To say someone is stupid because they are a redneck from Kentucky is just as bad as calling someone a blackneck or a redskin. But to say they are stupid because of it is really hurtful to some, and no, it's not true. It's 100% attitude, usually based on fear, and it's 100% wrong.
Agreed. It bothers me a great deal to see people from Kentucky disparaged, especially given my quite brilliant and educated mother is from bluegrass stock. It's long past time for everyone to knock off the Kentucky bashing.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Agreed. It bothers me a great deal to see people from Kentucky disparaged, especially given my quite brilliant and educated mother is from bluegrass stock. It's long past time for everyone to knock off the Kentucky bashing.
The problem is many voters vote against their own interests. Remember "Get your government hands off my Medicare?" I rest my case.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:38 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Oh wow, this just out, they've found a cure for Obamacare. Evidently, those in favor of it have a disease.

Doctor's are prescribing those inflicted to a shower and a day job.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is many voters vote against their own interests. Remember "Get your government hands off my Medicare?" I rest my case.
Which has nothing to do with Kentucky. The original (and unsubstantiated) story involved a town hall meeting led by Representative Bob Inglis from South Carolina, so knock off the Kentucky bashing, please.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-15-2017 at 05:26 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 05:03 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
According to: Urgent Care | Colorado Springs | Pueblo | EmergiCare

What does EmergiCare treat?

Broken arms & other bones
Back pain
Sports Injuries
Lacerations & scrapes
Headaches, stomach aches
Flu symptoms
Work-related injury

So basically, unless you just have a boo-boo, you're outta luck.
Actually, you are out of luck here as well as urgent care clinics require self-pay or insurance.

I just called one of these Colorado clinics and was assured that a patient would need insurance, they do not see people for free.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:09 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Oh wow, this just out, they've found a cure for Obamacare. Evidently, those in favor of it have a disease.

Doctor's are prescribing those inflicted to a shower and a day job.

A lot of people on Obamacare are working. Some of them two jobs.

Bartenders, CNAs, cashiers at Walmart.... tons of working people do not have access to company subsidized health insurance.

And few, if any, make enough to pay health insurance premiums on the open market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies