Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 05:02 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

I don't think anybody here on city data really know him enough to make that judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 05:03 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
He is no worse than a typical US president and most likely beat the average (and definitely less bad than Hilary Clinton).

But since when presidential election is about the candidate being a good person?

Old 01-16-2017, 05:11 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
But since when presidential election is about the candidate being a good person?
Never. Except when you lose and you want to whine about it.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I agree that liberals complaining about people being immoral is pretty obnoxious. They wouldn't know morality if it slapped them in the face.
OH? Just WHO is it taught conservatives about morality?

Serial adulterer and reneger on contracts Trump?
Rudy Giuliani?
Mark Sanford?
New Gingrich?
Larry Craig?
Ted Haggard?
Dennis Hastert?
Bob Packwood?
Etc., etc., etc., etc. ...........................................?

Conservatives claiming some innate moral superiority is laughable in the extreme.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:23 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Never. Except when you lose and you want to whine about it.
Considering the alternative, it is even more senseless to complain whether Trump is a bad person.

If I hear the word "popular vote" again, I am gonna throw up. Sorry, this argument doesn't stand for a plethora of reasons.

1) The election is not a direct democracy to start with.
2) Popular vote is irrelevant. If you care about popular votes, move to France.
3) Candidates will use different strategies if the results ARE about popular votes. For example, Trump would spend more time in states where he knows he can't win (such as CA) because each vote would count.
4) not sure how many of the votes are from Non-US citizens, especially in California.

so people, stop talking about your pathetic 3 million popular votes. It means absolutely nothing. It was not a fair game from the start (against Trump for so many reasons), and you had a big mouthed opponent who keeps talking crazy, but your candidate still LOST. That is how BAD she is.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Considering the alternative, it is even more senseless to complain whether Trump is a bad person.

If I hear the word "popular vote" again, I am gonna throw up. Sorry, this argument doesn't stand for a plethora of reasons.
Well, that's actually two words but here ya go: popular vote

Enjoy!

Old 01-16-2017, 05:30 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
I dunno know if he is a bad person... I do know that someone who tries to avoid paying for work that was done for him, who uses charity money to pay for personal stuff, who tries to buy (and apparently succeeds) politicians, who says it is ok to touch women without their permission (and, if he really did do that...), who goes overboard in responding to either real or perceived slights, who has had to settle suits against him for fraud... would appear to not be a particularly 'good' person.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
The moral accusations from the left against Trump really crack me up. It's not so much the whining and crying (though it's entertaining) as it is the hypocrisy.

Try arguing with a leftist on moral grounds, and you'll soon discover they believe in subjective morality, meaning, nothing is truly "bad" or "good," but rather it's up to an individual's opinion, or perhaps the laws of a country at a given time. Yet they are very quick to judge and label Trump as if their opinions hold some kind of universal consensus. But by their own admission, their character judgments are trivial at best, and what they're really saying is "Donald Trump is bad, however, it's just my personal definition of 'bad' and yours may differ, in which case we are equally correct."

See how frivolous it is? That's why I can't possibly take what they say seriously.
Amazes me how you righties can spend 8 years whining and crying while trashing Obama and now all of a sudden you have discovered some moral ground and are accusing the left of doing the exact same thing you have been doing.the hypocrisy is such that i think you are having us on with a bit of satire.
As for trying to understand the left or the right? at this point we are both living in alternate realities communication and understanding each other is a futile endeavor.
Is Trump a bad person? rather a subjective question ,i dont know the man but based on his actions he's not some one i'd want to hang around with.

Last edited by jambo101; 01-16-2017 at 05:48 AM..

Old 01-16-2017, 05:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
The moral accusations from the left against Trump really crack me up. It's not so much the whining and crying (though it's entertaining) as it is the hypocrisy.

Try arguing with a leftist on moral grounds, and you'll soon discover they believe in subjective morality, meaning, nothing is truly "bad" or "good," but rather it's up to an individual's opinion, or perhaps the laws of a country at a given time. Yet they are very quick to judge and label Trump as if their opinions hold some kind of universal consensus.
I never heard the argument that morality is up to an individual opinion. Some have claimed Bill Clinton was a bad person for having an affair, and yet they claim Trump is a good person even though he admits making a hobby out of molesting women, and goes around insulting people.

Trying to claim moral superiority based on party affiliation is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-16-2017 at 05:55 AM..

Old 01-16-2017, 05:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:

Try arguing with a leftist on moral grounds, and you'll soon discover they believe in subjective morality, meaning, nothing is truly "bad" or "good," but rather it's up to an individual's opinion, or perhaps the laws of a country at a given time. Yet they are very quick to judge and label Trump as if their opinions hold some kind of universal consensus. But by their own admission, their character judgments are trivial at best, and what they're really saying is "Donald Trump is bad, however, it's just my personal definition of 'bad' and yours may differ, in which case we are equally correct."

See how frivolous it is? That's why I can't possibly take what they say seriously.

Although your title has a question mark at the end of it, you really are not asking a question........you simply wanted to state your opinion that he is not and we are foolish for thinking so. But, if you truly do want to hear an opinion that might differ from yours, here goes, and it depends on how you define "bad".

What I do not like about Trump are things I have posted before, such as:

He is a loudmouth bully who says hurtful, untrue things, simply to defame and damage others.

He is a pathological liar, a PROVEN pathological liar. He simply can not stop himself from lying, even when caught doing it. (He even lies to YOU Trumpees at his rallies, and gets away with it)

He only cares about one person on earth, Donald J. Trump. He will screw anyone to better himself.

His business dealings record is horrible. He has left a ton of unpaid businesses and individuals in his wake. (I had dinner with some people the other evening , and one person said Trump personally beat her boyfriends father out of $2 million dollars on a real estate deal. She said he did work for Trump personally, on a home here, and he refused to pay him for the work. Said "Sue me, I have good Lawyers !")

I could go on and on, but you really don't want to hear it or care. You will simply have to learn for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies