Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 07:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Check the average age of non-Hispanic whites vs that of latinos. There's not enough n/h whites in the prime child bearing years to make a significant dent in the future demographics. Good or bad, that's the truth.
The be fair: even the "Hispanic" birthrate's about 2 kids per woman in 2017. I'm talking about US citizen and legal alien Latinos here. Too; more and more Hispanic people ARE ID'ing as "anglo white" cause they don't wanna be thrown in with la raza.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:02 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Births will likely remain low because of Millennials' life choices. For the first time in more than 130 years, young adults are more likely to be living in their parents’ home than in any other living arrangement. In fact, a larger share of them are living with their parents than with a romantic partner. According to Scott Rasmussen's new book, one-third of them live with mom and dad and 27 percent are married. In 1975, 57 percent of young adults lived with their spouse.

Millennials are slow 'growing up' compared to past generations. They aren't buying homes, marrying, or having babies.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:16 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Minority babies outnumbered white babies being born last year. With Trump's victory, can we expect to see a sudden rise in the white birth rate over the next several years? Trump has brought a new level of optimism and hopefulness which his supporters say the country has been missing ever since Reagan. Will Trump's economic successes over the next few years lead to a boom in the white birth rate which declined during the economic hardships of Obama's Great Recession?
Birth rates seem inversely related to wealth....so are you predicting a loss of white wealth under Trump? In other words, poorer people tend to have more children in the world than do wealth groups or nations.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:17 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Minority babies outnumbered white babies being born last year. With Trump's victory, can we expect to see a sudden rise in the white birth rate over the next several years? Trump has brought a new level of optimism and hopefulness which his supporters say the country has been missing ever since Reagan. Will Trump's economic successes over the next few years lead to a boom in the white birth rate which declined during the economic hardships of Obama's Great Recession?

I don't think the birthrate declined just from the Great Recession. It was more a cultural change. White people are getting married later, starting families later, and having fewer children. My parents had me at 30 and 28, and I was their second kid. I am 29 now and neither I nor any of my friends have had any children and probably won't for 5-10 years.

Will this change under Trump? I doubt it. He is proposing paid family leave. If that happens, I believe you would see a one-time uptick, and that's it. When China got rid of their one-child policy, they had a one time uptick that hasn't been sustained. When a country becomes more wealthy, its birth rate goes down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies