Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As you said, 1-16 have been ignored. WHY should we jump on the likely very expensive #17 without trying 1-16? Being ignored certainly hasn't proven them ineffective.

This is hardly a new problem, in high school,in the late '60s I had a classmate with an uncle who grew oranges in AZ. At harvest time the border was conveniently open as workers, documented or not, crossed the border to bring in the crop.

What reason is there to believe those benefiting from cheap illegal labor aren't passed over by similarly turned blind eyes?

I'd compare it to moths(illegals) to a flame(jobs) and think it easier to extinguish the flames than trying to block the path of every moth.
The most effective way to avoid unwanted pregnancy and STDs for high school students is abstinence; however, it just isn't being practiced regardless as to how much it's taught or advocated.

Because high school students refuse to do what's best, I'm all for my school district paying for condoms and making them available.

Do you feel an alternative to the best means, abstinence, would be an advised supplement, condoms, even though it's a more costly alternative which will ruffle feathers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
People are free to build walls around property they own (subject to local building codes) with their $$$. To claim hypocrisy here someone had better determine that NO Trump owned properties are walled.

If we're working with the premise the border land is owned by all Americans, in order to make a fair comparison, building of the wall should be decided by the vote of its owners. Zuckerberg is 'guilty' of doing what he wants with property he owns, nothing else despite what his detractors may say.

We voted for the wall.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
One statement from the politicians or the elites that will never go over well = "That is not who we are"

Anyone as sick of hearing that phrase as I am ? I don't need anyone to tell me who I am. They can call me any name they want and I'm fine with that. When, from their bubble, they tell me who I am or who we are as a nation they won't be speaking for me. They have lost touch with who we are. They don't know us and we know that.

That is a key phrase that is a red flag for nothing but BS to follow.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:52 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, Mark Zuckerberg, who loves to speak about how bad a border wall is, has been putting up a six foot wall around his newly purchased property in Hawaii.

Wow, a rich elitist wall hypocrite, imagine that.
That isn't a wall. That's a fence.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That isn't a wall. That's a fence.
Looks like a wall to me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=zuck...vYkmq2ppIgM%3A

Old 01-28-2017, 11:00 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The most effective way to avoid unwanted pregnancy and STDs for high school students is abstinence; however, it just isn't being practiced regardless as to how much it's taught or advocated.

Because high school students refuse to do what's best, I'm all for my school district paying for condoms and making them available.

Do you feel an alternative to the best means, abstinence, would be an advised supplement, condoms, even though it's a more costly alternative which will ruffle feathers?

Really in the mood for fruit salad today, aren't ya?

Your're the one who said we ignored "1-16" yet failed to answer just why we shouldn't go back and try them, hardly the same as saying we tried abstinence and it failed so now we should try something else.

Enjoy your apples and oranges, perhaps with a nice Sangria?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:03 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
We voted for the wall.
Well then, please post a pic of the ballot that contained a yea/nay vote for the wall.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:04 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
I didn't mention Trump.

Feeling the guilt of your hypocrisy in damning one who acts no differently than many, many others?
We're not talking about "many, many others". This is about Zuckerberg. If you can't respond without pointing at others, then I guess you don't dispute that Zuckerberg doesn't give a rat's ass about American citizens.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Really in the mood for fruit salad today, aren't ya?

Your're the one who said we ignored "1-16" yet failed to answer just why we shouldn't go back and try them, hardly the same as saying we tried abstinence and it failed so now we should try something else.

Enjoy your apples and oranges, perhaps with a nice Sangria?
So, your approach is that we continue trying to hope the government enforces the law? How many more decades do we continue trying what hasn't been working year after year after year after year after year after.......

What is that expression about insanity and trying the same thing over and over while expecting different results?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Well then, please post a pic of the ballot that contained a yea/nay vote for the wall.
Do you vote on a candidate based on their clothes or their platform?

Trump promoted the wall as the centerpiece of his election.

This wasn't something he pulled out of thin air, this is pretty much what won him the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies