Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 12:00 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,861,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Denver's was not silent, but it was respectful. There was limited chanting. People talked and laughed, discussing the signage and where everyone was from. (Lots of people from Colorado Springs came up for the day, and I also met a woman from New Mexico.) The crowds quickly overwhelmed the parade route, spilling out from 16th street in all directions.The only police officers I noted were handling traffic at the fringes of the march, although that really wasn't a big deal, because the area is mostly a pedestrian mall. Now that you've mentioned protestors, I have to admit, I did not see any of that at all, and there was no apparent violence. Three people were arrested in the vicinity, but none were connected to the event. I believe two of them were the result of outstanding warrants.
How many of these protester stayed in local Hotels and ate out in local restaurants and bars?
Thank you for helping to Make America Great Again!
And President Trump thanks you for giving a bump to his economic numbers.

RR

Old 01-22-2017, 12:10 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
the most laughable part of the protest was the protestors chanting "no war" and "no bombs" these people were completely silent for the last 8 years as President Nobel Peace Prize bombed 8 countries and took part in overthrowing other governments and destabilizing countries. If you spoke out about the warmongering that happened from 2009 to 2016 you were more than likely called a "racist" by those same people who are now all of a sudden anti war again

Old 01-22-2017, 12:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
How many of these protester stayed in local Hotels and ate out in local restaurants and bars?
Thank you for helping to Make America Great Again!
And President Trump thanks you for giving a bump to his economic numbers.

RR
I happily ate at a restaurant in downtown and left a huge tip for the young man who waited on my family. I'm proud to be from Colorado, a state that has had a Democrat in the Governor's mansion since 2007, sent a Democrat back to Senate, and gave its electoral votes to Hillary Clinton. I believe in supporting our local economy, which has been thriving since long before Donald Trump even declared his candidacy. Colorado doesn't need to become great again. It was already great!

Old 01-22-2017, 12:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
the most laughable part of the protest was the protestors chanting "no war" and "no bombs" these people were completely silent for the last 8 years as President Nobel Peace Prize bombed 8 countries and took part in overthrowing other governments and destabilizing countries. If you spoke out about the warmongering that happened from 2009 to 2016 you were more than likely called a "racist" by those same people who are now all of a sudden anti war again
You obviously have a tough time with American body counting - and casualties counts also.

Let me start you in the right direct.

10 is less than 100
100 is less than 1,000

Starting ZERO new wars with massive American boots on the ground is less than....the opposite.

I'll let you take it from there.

If Trump avoids either ramping up the middle east conflicts or entering new ones that would be a feather in his cap.

But I think that will be largely left to "Mad Dog" and his conspiracy theories.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:21 PM

1,548 posts, read 914,156 times
I think the women have secretly put Trump in office so they could have an excuse to skip housework for the next 4 years.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Talking Well now, Lou...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Around the globe? If you ever see me at a march to protest the inauguration of another country's politician, please, I beg you: shoot me in the head. Because that's some saaaaaaad $h!t. And if I ever sink that low, I don't want to live no mo'.
This ain't about you.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:59 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Where were the pussyhats... hate that word.. where were they when Clinton...told lies on TV about not having sex with that woman... and was lying through his teeth.. were their hats not knitted in time.... makes you wonder..

Old 01-22-2017, 01:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Where were the pussyhats... hate that word.. where were they when Clinton...told lies on TV about not having sex with that woman... and was lying through his teeth.. were their hats not knitted in time.... makes you wonder..
Well for that matter, why don't we spend our time here talking about Richard Nixon, or maybe Andrew Hamilton, after all it's so relevant to what is going on now

Old 01-22-2017, 01:05 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well for that matter, why don't we spend our time here talking about Richard Nixon, or maybe Andrew Hamilton, after all it's so relevant to what is going on now
but it is... Clinton was sneaky, a cheat and a liar... without a PUSSYHAT in site.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:06 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Actually that would be off topic but being most of these women wanted and voted for Hillary it is relevant on why they were OK with what her husband did, how Hillary treated those women ect.... Hillary's behavior has been called into question but there weren't marches protesting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies