Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 06:09 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Yes but winning 3 or 4 heavily populated states does not win the presidency if it did then most states wouldn't have to vote because these few states populations would dictate every time.
I agree -- that's why the p-hat phenomenon is so impressive. This is coast to coast.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/21/1434597...-chicago-march

Old 01-22-2017, 06:25 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No need or reason to argue about this. If Trump and the Republicans want to believe that he had a huge turnout for his inauguration and that yesterday's march means nothing, that's fine. Let them believe what they will.

Ultimately, it will make no difference.
Just like yesterday's women's "temper tantrum". This was supposed to be a march to support women's issues. It turned into an ant-Trump rally. You lost my empathy and that of millions of others when that happened. President Trump is not the reason you have "issues".

Old 01-22-2017, 06:26 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I had a co-worker like Bill once. He loved the ladies and they loved him back. Clinton (and my coworker) is quite different from Trump. He is not a p-grabber like Trump. He admires women and would respect their space. Trump is abusive, a misogynist, who thinks his wealth gives him the right to assault others.
typical leftist nostalgia..

bill clinton was accused of rape and assault,,,nd of course you will be quick to dismiss this or blame the women like hillary did

and even if you dismiss this,,, lets use monica's own words,,,he used a cigar on her......as a sex toy......yeah he "loved" the ladies.... bill clinton exploited women and if he wasnt in power he would have been in jail...
he denied denied and lied,,,until monica provided the blue dress..

bill took advantage of women ...for decades....yet because hes a democrat nothing seemed to stick,,... but if he were a republican,,,he would have got run out of town,,,,the 99% liberal media was of course on his side and saved him they are the filter

Old 01-22-2017, 06:26 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We know what the main reason for planned parenthood. The words planned parenthood tells us.. kill your babies if you didn't plan on having a baby.
You're right; we do. Planned Parenthood exists to give free/reduced cost healthcare for men and women who couldn't afford it otherwise. Besides, let's say they did suggest abortion to women with unplanned pregnancies (a hypothesis I'm not conceding). Why would it bother you or any other Republican? I mean, really? Republicans don't want to help poor people. You want to cut all programs for poor people and just tell them to work harder and "pull themselves up by their bootstraps," blah, blah, blah. . . Since you don't want to help these women and kids in a bad financial position, you have no right to dictate your morality to them Republicans care about life until it exits the uterus; after that, all bets are off. Oh, and BTW, abortions are not government funded.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:30 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You're right; we do. Planned Parenthood exists to give free/reduced cost healthcare for men and women who couldn't afford it otherwise. Besides, let's say they did suggest abortion to women with unplanned pregnancies (a hypothesis I'm not conceding). Why would it bother you or any other Republican? I mean, really? Republicans don't want to help poor people. You want to cut all programs for poor people and just tell them to work harder and "pull themselves up by their bootstraps," blah, blah, blah. . . Since you don't want to help these women and kids in a bad financial position, you have no right to dictate your morality to them Republicans care about life until it exits the uterus; after that, all bets are off. Oh, and BTW, abortions are not government funded.
If you can't afford to have children, you should resist risky behavior that causes them. I am not against abortion. I am against tax money being spent on a VOLUNTARY procedure. Boob jobs and botox aren't tax deductible and they are voluntary.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:30 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Trump got more fat women walking in one day....than Michele Obama did in 8 years.

I'd love to take credit for this, but I saw it on a tweet.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:33 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
It all depends on whether you believe each person's vote counts equally or whether some votes should count more than others.

If you believe that votes from less populated states should count more, this way works for you.

If you believe that some votes should count more than others, than purging voter roles of names that sound African-American or Hispanic works for you.

If you believe that some votes should count more than others, then making it difficult to vote in some areas, making it difficult for some voters to vote... works for you.

It all depends on your view of democracy.

Again, for the 1,000th time.
We are not a direct democracy -- we are a constitutional republic.
You might as well stop bellyaching about it, because we will never be a direct democracy. 3/4 of the states would have to approve amending the constitution, and in doing so, they would lessen their own influence. It's not happening.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:37 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
i dont disagree.

its not governments place to tell a woman what she can or cant do with her body,,,

then why is prostitution illegal??????

i dont think republicans are opposed to helping the ones that really need it,,,,,but there is soooo much fraud in the system,,,,those tha need it there is nothing left,,
we spend billions and billions on welfare,,,

where is the job counselors...that line up the abled bodied people on welfare with jobs?? to help them get back on their feet??
where the hell has that been for 50 yrs??

locally,,,, we have a family,,,that the father had a work injury.... many of us pinched in and got his family food and firewood/oil for the winter

people will go out of there way to help someone who needs it,,,
but too often..... and im guilty of this....i have helped single mothers giving them cash for their kids(help).....and their loser boyfriend uses it to buy weed.... or she does...
drives me nuts as an employer (got burnt many times)

but i have also seen many mothers work their way out of poverty -- people want to help other people who want to help themselves....

Old 01-22-2017, 06:37 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
If you don't understand what this is about, you are not a left-winger.

This election was not won "fair and square." Russian interference, Comey and the FBI dancing to Giuliani's tune, Trump's constant lying about Clinton... none of this was "fair and square."

What are you complaining about? Trump has been given his chance. Started at noon on Friday. He gave a speech right out of Hunger games, insulted the people standing around him, gutted the ACA, and then wandered over to the CIA and gave a rambling speech filled with "misinformation."

Tomorrow's another day.

Other than being convenient as hell, proof of Russian interference is what exactly?

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/14/...ts-not-enough/

Since the FBI granted immunity to everyone who could be called to testify in the case, agreed to destroy physical evidence and listed all the reasons why Clinton should be charged with lying to Congress, obstruction of justice, evidence tampering and violating section F of the Espionage Act before removing any remaining doubts that the FBI has been compromised by recommending that no charges be filed against Hillary, I'm not sure what further participation by the FBI in the destruction of the case you would like to see.

Clinton ally gave $500K to wife of FBI agent on email probe | New York Post

Yep, just a chance encounter on a secluded airport runway that turned into a innocent conversation about grandchildren and golf...

Lynch 'Regrets' Meeting Bill Clinton on the Tarmac - Cortney O'Brien

Does election interference from CNN count?

Report: Leaked Debate Questions May Be From CNN Producer

How about the Ukrainian government?

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire - POLITICO

Old 01-22-2017, 06:47 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
So sexual assault is okay because Clinton had consensual sex with an intern? Good one. The rest of your post is incoherent gibberish.
Got news for you, if a subordinate had sex with an upper level manager in any corporation the the manager, especially if at work, would be fired. The default is that the 'female' subordinate was pressured into having sex and feared for the loss of her job. Lawsuit waitng to happen. May not be illegal, guaranteed job loss.

In the rare circumstance when a man complains about unwanted sexual advances he is immediately charged with creating the situation or environment for that to occur. To suggest a woman created the circumstance which led to her assault would be a crime unto itself.

The outrage over a 12 year old private conversation between two guys bragging about conquests, equates to thought control. Certainly you or anyone else must have had a private conversation or thought in your distant past, that if bought to light, would characterize you as ethically and morally bereft.

When did trump publically say sexual assault is okay?

Trump wants a border fence to stop illegal entry, drugs and human smuggling. The human smuggling part is where children and women are sold and traded as sex slaves. Apparently obama endorsed human trafficing by baiting people across the southern border to exacerbate the child prostitution and sex slaves...by the standards to which you hold trump, obama and hillary should have been at the very least prosecuted for crimes against humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies