Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:52 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,296,491 times

Advertisements

I have repeatedly asked this in other threads, but it probably deserves its own.

Before I begin, though, an explanation. I am not a HC supporter. Did not vote for her, am not sorry that she lost, dont miss her. And Trump will do certain things I am happy about, so while I think him an egomaniacal asswipe, his presidency will be more in line with my views on conservative justices and judges, America First, being non PC, likely not supporting the stupid transgender RR issue,abortion,voter ID, Boy Scouts and the trangendered, etc etc.

So my following point has nothing to do with being upset that HC lost. It has to do only with the actions of this POTUS, and even more to the point, the response from his supporters.

Why dont Trump supporters care that Trump so obviously lies? I really dont get it. In reading some of the responses, it seems they are almost pleased and happy that he lies, because his lying pizzes off the left. Well dudes and dudettes, being lied to should pizz off ANY normal person with a functioning moral compass. You LIKE being lied to? Why? Because he is lying to his own supporters as well, trying to make them accept as truth what is obviously a lie, AND hoping that you are too stupid to know the difference.

And this is the confusing thing for me. The people Trump is insulting are his own supporters. He doesnt believe for one minute that the press and the left suddenly accept his lies , he knows they dont. Spicer knew in his conference that people knew he was lying. Trump isnt counting on fooling the press and the left, he is counting on fooling his own supporters. He is counting on you guys to be too stupid to know he is lying, or counting on you being such willing sheeple that you dont care that he lies to you. And I dont get this.

So, why are you Trump supporters so willing to be lied to? And Trump knows he can do it. He has bragged about it. He has made statements about being able to shoot someone on the street and his supporters not caring and not leaving him over it. What does it take to become such a sheeple, when the guy makes fools of his supporters by bragging publicly about how they ARE sheeple willing to blindly follow him?

So can any Trump supporter explain the strange willingness of his supporters to be lied to by their hero, the willingness to follow a leader who counts on you being too stupid or too much of a sheeple to object to his continual and ridiculous lies? How will you know when he is NOT lying to you?

I hope Trump is a very successful POTUS that sweeps all 50 states in 2020 due to his overwhelming success. But I dont get the blind worship, the willingness to accept that Trump regards his followers as too stupid to be worried by his lying.

Maybe some can explain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 09:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,978,711 times
What lies? If this is about the number of people who showed up, I think most of us have better things to do and think about, than how large a crowd was! Very immature and groveling, but fully expected from the pink hat crowd.

I find it strange that this is a talking point of the left, but then again possibly talking about bringing the country together is not their strong point.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:04 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,231,430 times
Well, as George Carlin once said, "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of them are stupider than that ".

Maybe a lot of Trump supporters are just as stupid as Trump seems to think that they are.

Also, they seem to confuse bluntness with honesty.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:07 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,296,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What lies? If this is about the number of people who showed up, I think most of us have better things to do and think about, than how large a crowd was! Very immature and groveling, but fully expected from the pink hat crowd.

I find it strange that this is a talking point of the left, but then again possibly talking about bringing the country together is not their strong point.

The one concerned about crowd size was Trump, who chose to lie to his supporters about what you would think they would be smart enough to see with their own eyes. This is but one of many lies throughout his campaign. Obvious ones, not ones of interpretation.

Again, why does this not bother you? You, per my point in the OP, seem fine with a guy knowing you will accept his lies and willingly taking advantage of that. Why are you willing to do so?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,708,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Okay, that's fair. The numbers are stupid. Who cares?

But Spicer got out and lied about it. So forget the crowd size. We know have a press secretary out-and-out lying. Based on that, can you answer the OP's question?

38,859 posts, read 25,631,417 times
Cool Why does Trump lying so much not bother his supporters?

It's all VERY explainable.

A very large chunk of Trump's followers are right wing authoritarians.

Check out the characteristics of this personality type:

Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

This is real, scientifically valid info, not political baloney.

45,594 posts, read 60,978,386 times
It may turn turn on what the definition of "is" is. But then again it may just be about sex, which wasn't had with that woman.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:11 AM

5,904 posts, read 3,923,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It may turn turn on what the definition of "is" is. But then again it may just be about sex, which wasn't had with that woman.
It may also turn out to be who grabs who by the p---y.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:13 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,643,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it

Exactly, and most of these are non-traditional Republicans who see Trump as America's God ordained great white savior.

He's here to save us from economic growth, low unemployment, and robust economy. #ThanksObama

Old 01-22-2017, 09:16 AM

51,695 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

There are many people who follow others without thinking. It's easier that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies