Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 02:31 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,289,028 times

Advertisements

Trumps lies are of a whole nuther category . He will look you in the eye and lie to you about what you can see on your phone for yourself, and think nothing of it .

Lots of politicians exaggerate , bend the truth, etc. Trump is the first that will look you in the eye after seeing a video that shows him saying "A", and promptly say " I never said A, and anything that shows I did is fake news".

Trump is likely a pathological liar . But more troubling is the amount of people willing to believe his lies . Have large numbers of people willing to believe a pathological liar that is also our leader , in spite of all evidence he is lying , is something our nation has never had to deal with before .

We have an entire segment of our populace who no longer operate in reality, but in an alternate reality dictated to them by their leader . Trump has openly bragged that he could kill a person on the street and his followers would be OK with it. Hyperbole on his part, but troubling once you realize that he is in fact accurate in his assessment of them .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 02:32 PM

15,649 posts, read 10,410,318 times
Negotiations often start in the extremes on both sides. The deal is often struck somewhere in the middle. Compromises are what politics should be about. A good negotiation involves both sides getting some of what they want and giving up some of what they want.

Some may consider a hard initial stance and compromising as lying. I consider an initial hard stance and compromising as good sense. We will see how good Trump is at negotiating. He has a tough road ahead, with his own party and with the Democrats.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No they were not taken at the same time. The one on the right has been outed, and retracted by the New York Times which originally published it, as being deceptive as it was taken four hours prior to the ceremony. The Obama one was taken during the ceremony.

Here's the one taken at roughly the same time:
Gigapixel: The inauguration of Donald Trump
That photo doesn't conflict with the one showing a smaller crowd than Obama . It just doesn't show the far back areas that were empty at Trump but filled at Obamas .The ones taken from the air ( at least they look like helicopter shots to me) show the ENTIRE crowd and the empty spaces at Trumps . No conflict, just an up close view that doesn't reach out far enough to show all the empty space at the back that the other photo shows . And space that was full at Obamas .

Old 01-22-2017, 02:40 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,174,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Why don't hillary supporters care about her lies?
Why don't obama supporters care about his lies?
Why don't pelosi supporters care about her lies?
Etc. Etc. ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Politicians lie. That's like describing water as "wet".
Politicians are sometimes caught stating absolute untruths - it is not very rare, but it is also not common.
Many politicians make statement that turn out to be wrong.
Many politicians make statements of intent that are overcome by circumstance.
Many politicians make statement of their desires and goals for a law that turn out to be mistaken.
Many politicians make statement of their desires and goals for a law that are changed by rewrite (by others) of the laws being proposed.

The last four are probably the most common types of statement that are labeled "lies", but probably should not be.

But trump is in a class of his own. He is a pathological liar. His lies are not like those above. His lies are made to deceive his followers and to make himself seem like something he isn't (honest being the first thing to come to mind).

Trump followers will always defend him by trying to claim all politicians are the same - his followers have apparently inherited (or maybe been infected by) his ability to effortlessly lie.

Anyone who seeks out a list of average politicians lies will find mostly misinterpretations and differences in viewpoints - searching for Trump lies will return bald face lies that are plain and deliberate misrepresentation of provable evidence.

There is a huuuuge difference between these types of lies. You know it and we know it. There really is no point of defending your man's blatant disregard of evidence and fact.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:41 PM

45,457 posts, read 60,680,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
That photo doesn't conflict with the one showing a smaller crowd than Obama . It just doesn't show the far back areas that were empty at Trump but filled at Obamas . No conflict, just an up close view that doesn't reach out far enough to show all the empty space at the back
But that one's not the one you referenced earlier but the 8AM shot.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
But that one's not the one you referenced earlier but the 8AM shot.

What are you talking about ? The photos I referenced were taken at 11:30. I don't know what you are talking about with the 8 AM photo. The comparison between Obama and Trump are made with photos taken at around 11:30 .

Old 01-22-2017, 02:45 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,975,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Politicians are sometimes caught stating absolute untruths - it is not very rare, but it is also not common.
Many politicians make statement that turn out to be wrong.
Many politicians make statements of intent that are overcome by circumstance.
Many politicians make statement of their desires and goals for a law that turn out to be mistaken.
Many politicians make statement of their desires and goals for a law that are changed by rewrite (by others) of the laws being proposed.

The last four are probably the most common types of statement that are labeled "lies", but probably should not be.

But trump is in a class of his own. He is a pathological liar. His lies are not like those above. His lies are made to deceive his followers and to make himself seem like something he isn't (honest being the first thing to come to mind).

Trump followers will always defend him by trying to claim all politicians are the same - they have inherited (or maybe been infected by) his ability to effortlessly lie.

Anyone who seeks out a list of average politicians lies will find mostly misinterpretations and differences in viewpoints - searching for Trump lies will return bald face lies that are plain and deliberate misrepresentation of provable evidence.

There is a huuuuge difference between these types of lies. You know it and we know it. There really is no point of defending your man's blatant disregard of evidence and fact.
I wish I could rep this twice.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:45 PM

45,457 posts, read 60,680,465 times
Quote:
What are you talking about ? The photos I referenced were taken at 11:30. I don't know what you are talking about with the 8 AM photo. The comparison between Obama and Trump are made with photos taken at around 11:30 .

The one I linked earlier that you claimed was taken at 11:04.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:53 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,936,661 times
Why does Trump lying so much not bother his supporters?

Because after 8 years of "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan", we're used to it.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:59 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,402,740 times
Quote:
I have repeatedly asked this in other threads, but it probably deserves its own.

Before I begin, though, an explanation. I am not a HC supporter. Did not vote for her, am not sorry that she lost, dont miss her. And Trump will do certain things I am happy about, so while I think him an egomaniacal asswipe, his presidency will be more in line with my views on conservative justices and judges, America First, being non PC, likely not supporting the stupid transgender RR issue,abortion,voter ID, Boy Scouts and the trangendered, etc etc.

So my following point has nothing to do with being upset that HC lost. It has to do only with the actions of this POTUS, and even more to the point, the response from his supporters.

Why dont Trump supporters care that Trump so obviously lies? I really dont get it. In reading some of the responses, it seems they are almost pleased and happy that he lies, because his lying pizzes off the left. Well dudes and dudettes, being lied to should pizz off ANY normal person with a functioning moral compass. You LIKE being lied to? Why? Because he is lying to his own supporters as well, trying to make them accept as truth what is obviously a lie, AND hoping that you are too stupid to know the difference.

And this is the confusing thing for me. The people Trump is insulting are his own supporters. He doesnt believe for one minute that the press and the left suddenly accept his lies , he knows they dont. Spicer knew in his conference that people knew he was lying. Trump isnt counting on fooling the press and the left, he is counting on fooling his own supporters. He is counting on you guys to be too stupid to know he is lying, or counting on you being such willing sheeple that you dont care that he lies to you. And I dont get this.

So, why are you Trump supporters so willing to be lied to? And Trump knows he can do it. He has bragged about it. He has made statements about being able to shoot someone on the street and his supporters not caring and not leaving him over it. What does it take to become such a sheeple, when the guy makes fools of his supporters by bragging publicly about how they ARE sheeple willing to blindly follow him?

So can any Trump supporter explain the strange willingness of his supporters to be lied to by their hero, the willingness to follow a leader who counts on you being too stupid or too much of a sheeple to object to his continual and ridiculous lies? How will you know when he is NOT lying to you?

I hope Trump is a very successful POTUS that sweeps all 50 states in 2020 due to his overwhelming success. But I dont get the blind worship, the willingness to accept that Trump regards his followers as too stupid to be worried by his lying.

Maybe some can explain it.
From day one Trump fans fell for his "I'm not a politician BS" He may have not been a Washington federal govt. politician but he is definitely the literal definition of a politician.
He tells has followers exactly what they want to hear. Including his crude trump language.
So what more does it take to get folks to vote for you besides that fact that you are not black and not a woman? Trumptruth!

That's why his lies fall and deaf ears, they already heard enough and that good enough for them.
The truth. "they can't handle the truth".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies